I Think This Is the Dumbest Thing I've heard in Awhile

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Those of you who said today.. "although I think she's guilty I don't think the state proved it."

Well answer me this,, if the state didn't prove it why do you think it?

Those of you who said today.. "although I think she's guilty I don't think the state proved it."

Because of the difference between preponderance of the evidence and "beyond a reasonable doubt. All of the evidence points at casey anthony, but each piece has questions that have too many answers. The lack of a cause of death, as well as the complete lack of a timeline between the grandparents seeing her, and casey saying she was gone makes creating the needed links next to impossible.

Put it this way, by civil trial rules casey would be found accountable. By criminal standards it wasnt there.

If on the jury I would have covicted on the child abuse/neglect. I mean sh DID lose her freaking kid. but for the death of the kid, the most you could get was depraved indifference (maybe?)

Pipe down pussy :eek: .....errr.....cat woman ;) I haven't followed this case for 3 seconds. It's a "chick case". Prolly on that one woman's law show 24/7 right?

Last edited:
I'm going to sleep now. And dream of lies. Outlandish lies and losing my two year old for a month,, see if I break dance or break a sweat..

Sensationalist cases like this are just that. ZZZ. There's A LOT more important things going on out in the world. Think for a moment if Casey & the child were black. Would you, or any other white woman give a darn or follow it on TeeVee for 2-3 months? I doubt it.

Sensationalist cases like this are just that. ZZZ. There's A LOT more important things going on out in the world. Think for a moment if Casey & the child were black. Would you, or any other white woman give a darn or follow it on TeeVee for 2-3 months? I doubt it.

128775426274198875.jpg

Seriously. Would any white woman spend three months watchin this case on TeeVee if it involved a black child? HELL NO!!! What a bunch of crap/waste of time. ZZZ

I don't know why it always has to be about race. My answer is yes, if this exact same case was a black family with grandma calling the police screaming that "something is wrong, I can't find Cayleee, I finally found my daughter today and her car but I can't find Caylee, something's wrong it smells like there's been a dead body in the car.. Yep,, that would grab my attention.

Seriously. Would any white woman spend three months watchin this case on TeeVee if it involved a black child? HELL NO!!! What a bunch of crap/waste of time. ZZZ

You cannot project your racism onto others. sorry it don't work that way.

I just hope that if you do indeed dream, it's of a life more pleasant than sitting around and watching Court T.V. so you can stoke your sense of outrage.

There is a whole world out there that isn't filled with 20 something year old women who, at best, are guilty of criminal neglect.

I don't know why it always has to be about race. My answer is yes, if this exact same case was a black family with grandma calling the police screaming that "something is wrong, I can't find Cayleee, I finally found my daughter today and her car but I can't find Caylee, something's wrong it smells like there's been a dead body in the car.. Yep,, that would grab my attention.

"Caylee" What kind of white-bread name is that? For every white girl killed or whatever there are 20 similar black one's that are culled from the TeeVee news. Who was that white chick who went missing on some island? Same thing. White, home-bodies were glued to their sets for months. Cry me a river.

Last edited:
Many guilty people walk free all the time, so we don't put innocent people in jail. It can be difficult to prove someone quilty. In America, you are innocent until proven otherwise. I heard a few of the alternate jurors say they would have rendered the same verdict.

I thought she was guilty the whole time, but I was not on the jury.

Last edited:

It has to do with proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Lawyers often will argue as follows to a jury:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you can 'have a feeling' the defendant is guilty. If that is the extent of it, you must vote not guilty, because that is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

"You can think that possibly the defendant is guilty. If that is the extent of it, you must vote not guilty, because that is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

"You can believe that probably the defendant is guilty. If that is the extent of it, you must vote not guilty, because that is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

"You can believe there is a strong probability of the defendant's guilt. If that is the extent of it, you must vote not guilty, because that is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

"You can believe there is clear and convincing evidence of the defendant's guilt. If that is the extent of it, you must vote not guilty, because that is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

"Ladies and gentlemen, all of the degrees of proof I have mentioned to you fall short of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Therefore, it is entirely possible for you to have strong feelings of guilt and yet vote not guilty. 'Strong feelings of guilt' do not rise to the level of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

"It is quite normal for there to be evidence of guilt in a criminal trial. If there were not, there would not be a trial in the first place. That is not the issue. The issue is whether or not the evidence presented is sufficient to overcome all of the varying degrees of suspicion or feelings of guilt and to establish guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

"You can vote not guilty, go home, and while you are lying in your bed following the verdict, think to yourself, 'Did I do the right thing?' If that is how you voted, and those are you thoughts afterwards, you may be assured you DID do the right thing. On the other hand, if you vote guilty, go home, and lie there in bed thinking, 'Did I do the right thing?,' you may be assured you did NOT do the right thing."

That's how someone can think the defendant is guilty and yet vote not guilty.

That does not include me, but it makes perfect sense. One is an opinion, the other is a legal standard the government has to meet if it expects to lock people up.

That does not include me, but it makes perfect sense. One is an opinion, the other is a legal standard the government has to meet if it expects to lock people up.

Yup. Two different things to be sure. My son recently did jury duty in a murder trial. They had nothing but circumstantial evidence and second-hand conjecture. He agreed with many of the co-jurors that they guy was probably guilty - but the state hadn't made their case. That's what the jury has to decide. They can't go on a hunch.

Because the state obviously overreached in trying to get a murder 1 death penalty conviction.

Clearly this woman was responsible for the child's death. Do I know if it was premeditated or an accident that was covered up? No, and no one really knows because there just is no evidence. If they just would of set out to convict her on negligence that resulted in the death(manslaughter) then I think she would had been found guilty.

You cannot project your racism onto others. sorry it don't work that way.
I'm not singlin' you out. this is a phenomena that applies to many white women.

Almost as awful as the phenomena that applies to a huge percent of black little girls and women, you know the one, having multiple children by multiple baby daddies and not one of those asshole sperm donors is accountable. Check out BET and see what quality programming black women spend most of their time watching........ dumb fuck. Watch the low life tattooed freaks of the NBA to find out what black guys watch 24 hours a day.

Forum List

Back