I think this is incredibly relevant.

ok. I like it. But then, i am a blue collar liberal.

Perhaps more than anything, i think that this quote from jefferson sums up what is principly wrong with our nation.

"if a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

there is one party today that is promoting willfull ignorance. And it is not the democratic party, although that institution has it's share of people with that characteristic. One party that denies that scientists know anything of science. And one party that puts the rich man's wealth above the common good of the nation.

the democratic party is guilty of compromising its ideals in the same way the republican party is of stepping on its message of freedom. The republicans who have been voted in on the premise that they can fix it have done nothing more than squander their elected power to stop democratic processes from being accomplished in any form, while publishing none of their own to solve the same problem.

While this occurs, the average people fighting the battle have little to do with what happens at the top. this separation of state and individual needs to end.

sure thing...comrade

ok. I like it. But then, i am a blue collar liberal.

Perhaps more than anything, i think that this quote from jefferson sums up what is principly wrong with our nation.

"if a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

there is one party today that is promoting willfull ignorance. And it is not the democratic party, although that institution has it's share of people with that characteristic. One party that denies that scientists know anything of science. And one party that puts the rich man's wealth above the common good of the nation.

the democratic party is guilty of compromising its ideals in the same way the republican party is of stepping on its message of freedom. The republicans who have been voted in on the premise that they can fix it have done nothing more than squander their elected power to stop democratic processes from being accomplished in any form, while publishing none of their own to solve the same problem.

While this occurs, the average people fighting the battle have little to do with what happens at the top. this separation of state and individual needs to end.

sure thing...comrade

What I said was completely lost on you.

By separation of Individual and State I mean that the people that make up the country have little say anymore in how it is run.

I am advocating the reverse. The people should control the government, not the other way around.

To do that our goals can not be so split.

Both parties looked at the big corps that were ready to go down, and take the nation with it, and gave those corps the money. What would have been more effective, would have been to give several years of mortgage payments for the individual mortgage holders to the banks. That way the banks would have gotten the money, and the people that were and are trying to hold things together on unemployment, would have gotten some breathing room.

As is, the people that recieved the money have gone right back to the practices that created the debacle. And are using money now gained to fight anything that would prevent them from repeating the debacle.

sure thing...comrade

By separation of Individual and State I mean that the people that make up the country have little say anymore in how it is run.

I am advocating the reverse. The people should control the government, not the other way around.

We're sick of seeing our industury being offshored to China and India.
We're sick of the government giving billions to the banks
We're sick of the government giving tens of billions to wall street
We're sick of globalism selling our nation down the crapper.
We're sick, sick, sick of the government spending our nation trillions of dollars into debt
WE're sick of seeing the third world STREAMING INTO OUR FIRST WORLD NATION UNCHECKED. WHERE THE FUCK IS OUR GOVERNMENT enforcing our laws.

We're just sick!!! Goddamnit!:evil:

sure thing...comrade

The people do control government. If you are unhappy the remedy was provided. We call them elections and amendments.

sure thing...comrade

The people do control government. If you are unhappy the remedy was provided. We call them elections and amendments.

Why are people being called terrorists for doing exactly what you just said?

Assembly for peaceful protests is a constitutional right. Blocking traffic ( commerce ) raises it to a level of insurrection. Our powers to put down insurrection is unlimited. The terrorist thing is just some payback, grow thicker skin!

Free trade shoud only be with nations that have equivelant environmental and labor laws. All others pay tarifs until those laws are put into effect in their nations. What we are seeing instead, are people claiming that we have to become more like those nations, rather than forcing them to adapt reasonable laws for their own citizens.

Immigration should be controlled. We had the perfect chance after 9-11. No one would have said a thing had we closed our southern border at that point. An oppertunity lost, not to be regained.

Two wars off of the books with companies like Haliburton literally stealing billions and delivering substandard goods and service to our sons and daughters in the military is a big part of the problem. Another part is the fact that we fail to use oppertunities such as we have today to put our unemployed to work on an infrastructure in this nation that is crumbling.

Any company that offshores American jobs to a nation that has substandard labor and environtmental laws should pay double the tariffs.

Assembly for peaceful protests is a constitutional right. Blocking traffic ( commerce ) raises it to a level of insurrection. Our powers to put down insurrection is unlimited. The terrorist thing is just some payback, grow thicker skin!

LOL. Oh well, I am sure those people destroying private property should have all been hung. Imagine, boarding a ship and throwing all that tea in the bay!

I don't agree with all of it but it does make you think.

THE LIBERAL AGENDA - YouTube

Please watch the whole video before responding. I want this to be a reasonable conversation. Not a generic USMB shitpot thread.

He makes a very valid point about the separation of the American people and why our goals are too separated to be properly functional

Please be respectful, I'm looking for reasonable thoughts here. That shouldn't be too much to ask of the people here.
I was with him 100% up until just about 8:30 or so. I agree with the spirit, not the specifics.

I guess there is no hope you guys can communicate intelligently about this, is there?

You think the separation of the American people is irrelevant?

Is there nothing wrong with having such division in the goals of its people?

You seem to believe that the same nation that begun with slavery, and did not allow women to vote has suddenly begun to experience "separation of the American people."

Americans have ALWAYS been separated.

Forum List

Back