I think this is incredibly relevant.

Photonic

Ad astra!
Sep 5, 2011
California
I don't agree with all of it but it does make you think.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjj5_f4m8Ik&feature=channel_video_title]THE LIBERAL AGENDA - YouTube[/ame]

Please watch the whole video before responding. I want this to be a reasonable conversation. Not a generic USMB shitpot thread.

He makes a very valid point about the separation of the American people and why our goals are too separated to be properly functional

Please be respectful, I'm looking for reasonable thoughts here. That shouldn't be too much to ask of the people here.

I guess there is no hope you guys can communicate intelligently about this, is there?

You think the separation of the American people is irrelevant?

Is there nothing wrong with having such division in the goals of its people?

THE LIBERAL AGENDA - YouTube

Please watch the whole video before responding. I want this to be a reasonable conversation. Not a generic USMB shitpot thread.

He makes a very valid point about the separation of the American people and why our goals are too separated to be properly functional

Please be respectful, I'm looking for reasonable thoughts here. That shouldn't be too much to ask of the people here.

I made it to the 6.46 mark. Before I proceed who is this guy and why should I give any weight to his opinion? I hear behavior called out without any acknowledgement of like behavior. So I stopped.

OK. I like it. But then, I am a blue collar liberal.

Perhaps more than anything, I think that this quote from Jefferson sums up what is principly wrong with our nation.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

There is one party today that is promoting willfull ignorance. And it is not the Democratic Party, although that institution has it's share of people with that characteristic. One party that denies that scientists know anything of science. And one party that puts the rich man's wealth above the common good of the nation.

Damn straight...Add Marxism, Globalism and open borderism. UP WITH NATIONALISM!!!

Heil!

Seriously is this it? Is this the total sum of intelligent responses on this board?

I was hoping for something with substance.

To bad sheep like you are helping the globalist sell this nation down the river. Sicking...:evil:

Oh? Do tell why you have gleaned some personal fact about my person that I did not know.

Wait, you're just going off topic. Post something that is substantive or move out of the way.

Damn straight...Add Marxism, Globalism and open borderism. UP WITH NATIONALISM!!!

Heil!

Seriously is this it? Is this the total sum of intelligent responses on this board?

I was hoping for something with substance.

To bad sheep like you are helping the globalist sell this nation down the river. Sicking...:evil:

Wall street today represents corperate statism, not capitalism or free enterprise. OWS is a logical outgrowth of the evils that we have seen in the last decade. Time to redistribute the wealth to the people who created it.

We have let the thieves rule the roost for far too long.

And one party that puts the rich man's wealth above the common good of the nation..

Only one party that takes from the Producers to fund everyone else..Only one party that wants to keep Millions of blacks and Latinos living pay check to pay check, so they have a reliable Voter base.

yep. Democrats rock.

Neither Party gives a rats ass about the Common Good of the Country, all they care about is Power, and sucking as much money as they can. Period.

The whole lot of em should be strung up. DC should be banned.

THE LIBERAL AGENDA - YouTube

Sorry, Photonic, I stopped about halfway through because the thing just has too much bullshit in it. I'll point out 2 BS points.

The first being that the US is a democracy according to the moron speaking in the video. We are not a democracy and never have been. We are a Democratic Republic. There is a difference.

The second is when he talks about minorities (specifically blacks) being responsible for electing Mr Obama. That is just plain stupid. It took a majority of all citizens to elect him. A majority of white skinned people voted for him. Had whites voted based upon skin color, Mr McCain would be president.

Now then, the initial premise that the population is being assimilated by a Borg-like tactic from the US government seems accurate as an analogy.

Universal health care is working in almost all the industrial nations. Their longevity and infant mortality have far better numbers than our nation. Results count. Compare Canada to the US in this department, especially early childhood survival.

Repealing FDR's bank regulations, put in place because of what happened in the first Great Republican Depression, has us almost into the Second Great Republican Depression. Time to reassert Glass-Steagal. And a far stronger and strict SEC. Time for stockholders to have the say in executive compensation, instead of incestous Boards of Directors making each other rich, whether the companies make a profit or not.

OK. I like it. But then, I am a blue collar liberal.

Perhaps more than anything, I think that this quote from Jefferson sums up what is principly wrong with our nation.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."

There is one party today that is promoting willfull ignorance. And it is not the Democratic Party, although that institution has it's share of people with that characteristic. One party that denies that scientists know anything of science. And one party that puts the rich man's wealth above the common good of the nation.

The democratic party is guilty of compromising its ideals in the same way the republican party is of stepping on its message of freedom. The republicans who have been voted in on the premise that they can fix it have done nothing more than squander their elected power to stop democratic processes from being accomplished in any form, while publishing none of their own to solve the same problem.

While this occurs, the average people fighting the battle have little to do with what happens at the top. This separation of state and individual needs to end.

Forum List

Back