I Think Stuff Like This Has No Business In the Races

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
It's aimed at Edwards, and it's wrong. Same as Clinton's or Carter's brothers. Ditto for Bush families' dealings, that don't involve him. Only the character of the candidate should be in play. IMO:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...11&u=/ap/20040717/ap_on_el_pr/edwards_brother

excerpt
DENVER - The younger brother of vice presidential candidate John Edwards (news - web sites) is wanted on a Colorado warrant issued a decade ago in a drunken driving case.

Wesley Blake Edwards, a 39-year-old electrician who lives in Fuquay-Varina, N.C., was arrested on Nov. 4, 1993, for allegedly driving under the influence, careless driving and driving without insurance, said Drew Grant, spokesman for the 18th Judicial District attorney's office.

A warrant was issued in early 1994, after he failed to appear in court in suburban Arapahoe County on the charges, Grant said Friday.

Attorneys for Edwards contacted the district attorney's office this week to resolve the issue, Grant said. He didn't know what would happen next, but said Edwards probably would have to make a court appearance.

I agree. Thats why i steered clear of this one. I feel that it should be the individual's stature that allows him to be elected. IT shouldnt matter what past trangressions or future actions are taken by his family. Thats why it really pissed me off when people were going after Arnold's dad for being a nazi. Arnold obviously isnt a Nazi, but people claimed it just the same because of his father.

Personal business should be personal business but its a door thats been opened a long time ago and will never be closed im afraid.

Geez. You'd think after ten years it would have been forgotten.

I agree with you. I'd hate to be judged on things some of my family did ten years ago. Edward's brother isn't in the race, so it shouldn't make any difference. I didn't even know he had a brother until now.

Insein, glad you agree. Glad too that it was Edwards, since everyone knows where we stand politically. Let's see if the dems here agree on turnabout? :usa:

"Arnold obviously isnt a Nazi, but people claimed it just the same because of his father."

For some reason that escapes me, whenever "Nazis" come up, it doesn't matter what the truth is, what the relation is, or anything. All you gotta do is yell "Nazi" and everybody falls down.

William Joyce said:
"Arnold obviously isnt a Nazi, but people claimed it just the same because of his father."

For some reason that escapes me, whenever "Nazis" come up, it doesn't matter what the truth is, what the relation is, or anything. All you gotta do is yell "Nazi" and everybody falls down.

William, just when I thought you were joining the rest of us. :rolleyes: Did you notice that Arnold won?

I agree that the actions of one family member should not condemn the entire family. Especially a drunk driving case. Bush himself received a DWI and so did one of his daughters. Also, consdiering the many improprieties of GW's younger brother Neil (have ya'll heard of his time spent in Asia with prostitutes?) this would not be a wise strategem for the Republican party to pursue. So I don't think they will. Yeah, leave the family affairs out of the race no matter what th party.

I agree that this is ridiculous to bring his family into this. This man has a personal life and maybe a family and doesn't deserve his name drug through the mud just because his brother is running for office. Another example of the media running amuck. What the hell does this have to do with what Edwards stands for anyway?(not that I support him at all ) This guy probably didn't even know he had a warrant.

:sleep:

insein said:
Thats why it really pissed me off when people were going after Arnold's dad for being a nazi. Arnold obviously isnt a Nazi, but people claimed it just the same because of his father.

Personal business should be personal business but its a door thats been opened a long time ago and will never be closed im afraid.

While I totally agree, something to note:

Just yesterday when Arnold was talking about his movie career in an interview audio clip on a news blurb on radio, he said he always liked to play cops and people of authority like that in movies.

Why?

-He said it brought him closer to HIS FATHER.

I haven't seen him as a cop in anything, but I will tell you what: That one stopped me cold. I had heard him discount the claims, but this was obvious reversal.

undefinedI'm new to this forum but I would like to add my two cents as to Edward's brother. I felt it was so very unfair that GWB's
DWI charge which occurred many years before and which was suppose to have been squelched, was brought up just a few weeks before election, and now they are trying to dig up his military record with the Texas National Guard to smear him. If the Democrats want to throw everything they can at GWB, then I say turn about is fair play.
Fight fire with fire!

inez todd said:
undefinedI'm new to this forum but I would like to add my two cents as to Edward's brother. I felt it was so very unfair that GWB's
DWI charge which occurred many years before and which was suppose to have been squelched, was brought up just a few weeks before election, and now they are trying to dig up his military record with the Texas National Guard to smear him. If the Democrats want to throw everything they can at GWB, then I say turn about is fair play.
Fight fire with fire!

No. First it's unethical. Second, it's irrelevant. Third, anyone with more than a few functioning grey cells will see it for what it is, so that means it would only affect Democrats. :funnyface But if they won't change their minds on the basis of the factual evidence, it is unlikely that a smear campaign will have any effect.

Merlin, you nailed my original point! :thewave: From the response of our local dem partisans, it appears that Rove is following that advice. We all lose, but seems to be the way the dems want it!

Its like the sibling that wants to watch TV while your watching it. So they make a big scene and then you yell back and your parents send you both to your rooms. They win because no one can watch TV then.

insein said:
Its like the sibling that wants to watch TV while your watching it. So they make a big scene and then you yell back and your parents send you both to your rooms. They win because no one can watch TV then.

Insein, you understand the psychology of liberal tactics so well, it's almost eerie. I think you ought to collect your observations, put them to paper, and submit an op-ed piece on the subject to a newspaper. It would be especially instructive now. With elections coming up, their dirty little games are going to be in full swing.

Forum List

Back