I think our "god" isn't God...

bthom.adam

Oh God....
Feb 9, 2010
There is a lyric that I find interesting from my favorite band, As Cities Burn. They are a Christian band and I love the way they not only love God, but question him as well.

The lyric is...

"Is your god really God?
Is my god really God?
I think our god isn't God,
If he fits inside our heads."​

I love this lyric and Ill tell you why. I, personally, dont believe in organized religion. I was my family is catholic, and no, my beleifs are not against the catholic chruch; the catholic church is merely traditional. Alot of its "bad" reputation come from people not understanding that the catholic church operates through tradition. Anyway, I love this lyric because it basically sums up why I dont beleive in organized religion. What Cody Bonnette (lead singer) is pretty much saying in the first two questions is, everyone has thier own "GOD" that they each worship. Every religion has thir own "god" whom they say is "THE GOD". Then he states, well, if you can understand your "god" and I can understand mine, it isnt a God. No human being can understand a supernatual being we call God.

Notice my spellings and way As Cities Burn present the word God, it shows alot of, in my opinion, the way he wants to be understood.

The song is entitled Clouds.... Tell me what you all think.

Last edited:
They are free to believe that. But I prefer to believe Christ. "this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

If we cant know God, then we cannot have Eternal Life. And the Atonement of Christ is meaningless.

It's impossible for the natural man to know God. But when we are born again, we put off the natural man and learn of God from God. He teaches us. and He can do anything, including help us comprehend Him and His glory.

They are free to believe that. But I prefer to believe Christ. "this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

If we cant know God, then we cannot have Eternal Life. And the Atonement of Christ is meaningless.

It's impossible for the natural man to know God. But when we are born again, we put off the natural man and learn of God from God. He teaches us. and He can do anything, including help us comprehend Him and His glory.

Christ can't fit into your head, Avatar!!

Try putting a grown person inside your head and see what happens. :redface:

Ahh eternal life...

How much of religion is the fear of dying and how much is the love of Jesus Christ?

I know a few people that don't believe in an afterlife but still believe in and serve Yahoshua faithfully. Personally I believe in the afterlife, but I don't buy into the whole "when you die you go to Heaven or Hell" non-sense. When you die you go into a state of unconsciousness or "sleep" until the ressurection, then some will face eternal death others eternal life.

Hi Adam:

There is a lyric that I find interesting from my favorite band, As Cities Burn. They are a Christian band and I love the way they not only love God, but question him as well ...

The Bible-centered teaching in your church must suck. Words that rhyme are only words that rhyme ...

GL,

Terral

There is a lyric that I find interesting from my favorite band, As Cities Burn. They are a Christian band and I love the way they not only love God, but question him as well.

The lyric is...

"Is your god really God?
Is my god really God?

I love this lyric and Ill tell you why. I, personally, dont believe in organized religion. I was my family is catholic, and no, my beleifs are not against the catholic chruch; the catholic church is merely traditional. Alot of its "bad" reputation come from people not understanding that the catholic church operates through tradition. Anyway, I love this lyric because it basically sums up why I dont beleive in organized religion. What Cody Bonnette (lead singer) is pretty much saying in the first two questions is, everyone has thier own "GOD" that they each worship. Every religion has thir own "god" whom they say is "THE GOD". Then he states, well, if you can understand your "god" and I can understand mine, it isnt a God. No human being can understand a supernatual being we call God.

Notice my spellings and way As Cities Burn present the word God, it shows alot of, in my opinion, the way he wants to be understood.

The Most High reveals himself one of two ways. The scriptures, ie his holy word, and through divine revelation, ie prophecy. The two must co-exist in order for the full knowledge of the Most High to come into light. Of course man may never know everything about the Most High, simply because he's a finite being and we have a limited amount of time to understand him.

However, the word of the scriptures and the word of prophecy, give us more than enough to carry out our daily lives in a manner that pleases him. Look at what the scriptures say in Amos 3:7

"Surely the ADONAY YHVH will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

The Most High is constantly revealing himself through prophecy and scripture.

1 Timothy 2:1-5 tells us about the Most High's will for man to come into the knowledge of the truth of his nature:

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of ELOHIYM our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one ELOHIYM, and one mediator between EL and men, the man MASHIYACH YAHSHUA;"

2 Timothy 2:14-15 tells us to constantly study the word and to prove ourself to the Most High and to pray for the ability to rightly discern the word:

"Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the ADONAY that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. Study to shew thyself approved unto ELOHIYM, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

It's silly to say we simply just won't understand the Most High and therefore there's no use in trying. It is our duty to continue striving for a greater understanding of what the scriptures are saying, and a greater understanding of the Most High. Reading, studying, exploring is KEY, and shows the Most High you want to strive to know more about him.

The lyric is...

"Is your god really God?
Is my god really God?

The Most High reveals himself one of two ways. The scriptures, ie his holy word, and through divine revelation, ie prophecy. The two must co-exist in order for the full knowledge of the Most High to come into light. Of course man may never know everything about the Most High, simply because he's a finite being and we have a limited amount of time to understand him.

However, the word of the scriptures and the word of prophecy, give us more than enough to carry out our daily lives in a manner that pleases him. Look at what the scriptures say in Amos 3:7

"Surely the ADONAY YHVH will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

The Most High is constantly revealing himself through prophecy and scripture.

1 Timothy 2:1-5 tells us about the Most High's will for man to come into the knowledge of the truth of his nature:

"I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of ELOHIYM our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one ELOHIYM, and one mediator between EL and men, the man MASHIYACH YAHSHUA;"

2 Timothy 2:14-15 tells us to constantly study the word and to prove ourself to the Most High and to pray for the ability to rightly discern the word:

"Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the ADONAY that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. Study to shew thyself approved unto ELOHIYM, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

It's silly to say we simply just won't understand the Most High and therefore there's no use in trying. It is our duty to continue striving for a greater understanding of what the scriptures are saying, and a greater understanding of the Most High. Reading, studying, exploring is KEY, and shows the Most High you want to strive to know more about him.
Gobbledygook is gobbledygook, no matter how you try to dress it up.

Who's to say whose God is the real God?

If "who made" us and "who controls" the universe are valid questions then who made and controls "them" on into infinity is just as valid.

Stupidity is the human governor... No matter how brilliant an individual can be born among us the shadows of millions of the ignorant will put out the light. The chagrin of intelligence is seeing how totally fucking doomed we really are.

Forum List

Back