I think I'm in shock.

Texas should also make room in their curriculum for teaching the social gospel as well.........

The values of the nanny state and entitlements should not be ignored

Now repeat children, "It Takes a Village......."

Yup, tolerance, understanding, compassion, and education are anti-American...ugly American...

Last edited:
Texas should also make room in their curriculum for teaching the social gospel as well.........

The values of the nanny state and entitlements should not be ignored

Now repeat children, "It Takes a Village......."

Yup, tolerance, understanding, compassion are anti-American...ugly American...

Of course they are American qualities. That's why no one thinks the OWS parasites like you are Truly Americans. Well, the OWS parasites think they are truly American, but that is because you filthy buttfucks think that "land of the free" means " land of the free shit."

now they have to shoulder the worry for states they don't live in..

don't like their policy, don't move there

simple

Texas GOP rejects ‘critical thinking’ skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texas wrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Yes, you read that right. The party opposes the teaching of “higher order thinking skills” because it believes the purpose is to challenge a student’s “fixed beliefs” and undermine “parental authority.”

It opposes, among other things, early childhood education, sex education, and multicultural education, but supports “school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded.”

:eek:

Never been happier to be from Minnesota, that's all I'm sayin.

On a roll today, fatass?

Yes in texas they'll sing koom by yah. That'll keep the workforce slow and uneducated and in low wages for their working lives. Good idea taking that leap backwards.
As a practicing Christian I do not want Judeo Christian values being taught in my kids school. Thats for me as the parent to do, not the school. I am far more qualified to do that than any teacher. What is wrong with those people?

Top 10 Poorest States:

1. Mississippi - Republican

2. Arkansas - Republican

3. Tennessee - Republican

4. West Virginia - Republican/Democrat

5. Louisiana - Republican

6. Montana - Republican

7. South Carolina - Republican

8. Kentucky - Republican

9. Alabama - Republican

10. North Carolina - Republican/Democrat - leans more Republican

States facing bankruptcy

California - Democrat
Nevada - Democrat
New York - Democrat.

State with the highest number of municipal bankruptcies - California - Democrat.

Bankruptcies caused by the deregulation of Wall Street.

Since it's Wall Street's fault, why isn't it making ALL the states go bankrupt? Could it be that all those graduate degrees you boast about aren't worth near as much as a little common sense?

Top 10 Poorest States:

1. Mississippi - Republican

2. Arkansas - Republican

3. Tennessee - Republican

4. West Virginia - Republican/Democrat

5. Louisiana - Republican

6. Montana - Republican

7. South Carolina - Republican

8. Kentucky - Republican

9. Alabama - Republican

10. North Carolina - Republican/Democrat - leans more Republican

States facing bankruptcy

California - Democrat
Nevada - Democrat
New York - Democrat.

State with the highest number of municipal bankruptcies - California - Democrat.

Bankruptcies caused by the deregulation of Wall Street.

Let me guess. Bush did it!

Texas GOP rejects ‘critical thinking’ skills. Really. - The Answer Sheet - The Washington Post

In the you-can’t-make-up-this-stuff department, here’s what the Republican Party of Texas wrote into its 2012 platform as part of the section on education:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

Yes, you read that right. The party opposes the teaching of “higher order thinking skills” because it believes the purpose is to challenge a student’s “fixed beliefs” and undermine “parental authority.”

It opposes, among other things, early childhood education, sex education, and multicultural education, but supports “school subjects with emphasis on the Judeo-Christian principles upon which America was founded.”

Here is the Texas GOP 2010 platform.

The Education part begins on page 18.

Here is the Knowledge-Based Education portion found on page 20:

Knowledge-Based Education – The primary purpose of public schools is to teach critical thinking skills, reading, writing, arithmetic, phonics, history, science, and character as well as knowledge-based education, not job training. We support knowledge-based curriculum standards and tests. We support successful career and technology programs, but oppose mandatory career training. We oppose Outcome-Based Education (OBE) and similar programs. Further, because of an aging U.S. population and global competition, and because much of today’s education teaches children to be employees or perhaps at best managers for employers, we encourage the teaching of entrepreneurial skills and investment skills.

The 2012 platform quoted in the OP is simply reworded, but the meaning is the same.

No, it's not.

Cherry%20Bot%20Pickers.jpg

:rolleyes:

As are the people of the Great State of Texas.

Forum List

Back