I think I'm going to move to Breckenridge......

Oh man! Good for Colorado! Now they will definitely see a spike in tourism :)

As a matter of fact ... I might visit the ol' CO this winter for some skiin' and ... other activities :) That is good news ... Amsterdam is so passé ... :D

Don't hold your breath, as has been pointed out, the federal courts have a way of screwing things like this up.

I do see is as the beginning of a movement that will lead to a national debate on the subject (Denver has effectively decriminalized pot for three years now).

For the anti-pot people, don't have a heart attack. Even if it's legal, you don't have to use it.

:rofl: I love your sense of humor ... couldn't rep you anymore ... have to wait a bit ...

:LOL: Thanks. I enjoy your contributions too.

The misconceptions are rampant when it comes to weed. When I was still smoking, I never smoked a joint, I used a 'one hitter". I would take a few hits and be done for quite awhile. If I was working on some art work and wanted to maintain the concentration level, I would take a hit each hour or 2. I wasn't out to get stoned, just to change perspective, to sharpen concentration. That is what pot does for me, it effects different people in different ways just like coffee does. I can drink a 6 shot Venti Americano from Starbucks and doze off 30 minutes later while many would be bouncing of the wall for hours. Valium, which has been prescribed for housewives by the billions for years, knocks me on my ass. I might as well go straight to bed because I am basically useless.

If we are going to make things that can harm us illegal, no matter how pure you think you are, you will be affected. Ban cell phones, especially texting while driving. Ban cell phone use without a headset. Ban bicycling, skiing, sky diving, ballooning, motorcycles, anything with fat content, alcohol, tobacco, cars, fast food, airplanes, hiking, fishing, mountain climbing, etc. etc.

I realize I'm extremely late on this thread, but Breck isn't the only place in CO that is lenient on weed.

The whole friggin state doesn't really give a shit.

Steamboat Springs has been decriminalized for as long as I can remember. 2 ounces or less and you get a ticket, like you fucking jay-walked or something.

:lol: those were the days.

I realize I'm extremely late on this thread, but Breck isn't the only place in CO that is lenient on weed.

The whole friggin state doesn't really give a shit.

Steamboat Springs has been decriminalized for as long as I can remember. 2 ounces or less and you get a ticket, like you fucking jay-walked or something.

:lol: those were the days.

The prosecuting attorney in Denver moved it to the lowest priority for law enforcement agents. Below Jaywalking.

That's a defacto legalization.

You guys know why "Reefer Madness" came out?

Simple.......it was a propaganda film commissioned by Henry P. Anslinger to scare people away from pot, and, because there wasn't all that much research (yet), that is why they showed people puffing on a joint and putting the baby in the oven, or stabbing their friends and family.

It was all propaganda, because if you check out the Laguardia Report (commissioned by Nixon to find out about cannabis), you would see that it speaks very favorably towards cannabis.

Incidentally, the military has ran quite a few tests on soldiers as well.

As far as the lung cancer thing? If you smoke only cigarettes, you are 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer than someone who doesn't smoke at all.

If you smoke only cannabis, your rate of lung cancer is 0.93 to 0.73 percent of a chance than someone who doesn't smoke at all.

Which means, you have a LESS CHANCE than someone who doesn't smoke!

And, I've also found that people who speak out against cannabis are generally those who haven't even been in the same room as a lit joint.

Kinda like a devout lifelong Mormon speaking out about the evils of alcohol. They can't, because they have no first hand experience with it.

Or, it could be someone that tried it once, went to sleep (happened to me that way my first few times), and, because of the legality, as well as not seeing the use of it, quit.

Oh...........and incidentally............those people who you call "stoners" and say that they have no ambition? Well......if you were to check into their substance use, they are 9 times out of 10 using some OTHER drug in addition to cannabis.

Me? I only drink beer and smoke pot.

Interesting that the Brits have just bumped it up in the seriousness scale, that caused their top adviser to object so the govt sacked him. Just another example of "Reefer Madness", a complete disconnect between reality and a weak, spineless,useless government on the ropes waiting for the electorate to boot them out.

Here in Sweden weed is a big no-no. No acceptance, not even a current public discussion. Some people nearly freak out while being at a party when someone lights a joint ... and I mean young people in their early to late twenties. Older generations consider weed something akin to heroin.

It's ridiculous if you ask me ...

And here is the reason...........

Breckenridge, Colorado voters legalize marijuana, paraphernalia

By Stephen C. Webster
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2009 -- 10:19 pm
Share on Facebook Stumble This!

Breckenridge, Colorado voters legalize marijuana, paraphernaliaVoters in the ski resort town of Breckenridge, Colorado legalized marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia by a nearly three-to-one margin on Tuesday.

It is the first municipality in the United States to allow paraphernalia, such as pipes, bongs and bubblers.

"[The measure] passed 73 percent to 27 percent," ABC 7 News in Denver reported.

"'This votes demonstrates that Breckenridge citizens overwhelmingly believe that adults should not be punished for making the safer choice to use marijuana instead of alcohol,' said Sean McAllister, a Breckenridge attorney who proposed the ordinance," ABC continued.

"Possession remains illegal under state law, but Breckenridge Police Chief Rick Holman said his department will 'still have the ability to exercise discretion,'" Colorado's Summit Daily News added.
Story continues below...
Breckenridge, Colorado voters legalize marijuana, paraphernalia | Raw Story

Who's with me?

Packing my bags, as we speak!!! :tongue:

I've already linked to Dr Hook's 'Got Stoned', I like variety. Personally, I have no problem with decriminalizing drugs - cull the idiots from the population through their own stupidity is fine.

I recently worked on a set of articles with academics confirming the links between pot and mental illness. This thread could back up that research.

Cali .....since i smoked my first joint back around 69-70.....i must have known through the years hundreds of regular smokers.....most have great jobs, degrees,raised families whose kids turned out great....very sane people....so i think your studies have to do with pot smokers who do harder drugs also like Speed,heroin, etc....on the other hand i knew many drinkers who cant hold down a job,failed in school or just dropped out,failed marriages....just out and out losers.....but yet alcohol and Cigs,another killer, is cool, while pot is considered the evil drug.....

I used to partake some years ago and I just don't get how you can say it is safer than alcohol.

Sarah you seem like such a nice person.....but sometimes you rattle off total nonsense....do you realize how many people are killed due to alcohol,directly and indirectly in this country alone never mind the world?.....now when you see those numbers....do the same with pot....and look at the difference.....and then you will see how foolish that statement is.....

they also say it might help with skin infections like MRSA

?

I'd want to see some journal work on that. MJ hinders the bodies immune system.

MARIJUANA and IMMUNITY

Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Researchers in Italy and the U.K. tested five major marijuana chemicals called cannabinoids on different strains of MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus). All five showed germ-killing activity against the MRSA strains in lab tests. Some synthetic cannabinoids also showed germ-killing capability. The scientists note the cannabinoids kill bacteria in a different way than traditional antibiotics, meaning they might be able to bypass bacterial resistance.
you notice how the fist study was 18 years ago....the second the last few years....more knowledge gained....

You guys know why "Reefer Madness" came out?

Simple.......it was a propaganda film commissioned by Henry P. Anslinger to scare people away from pot, and, because there wasn't all that much research (yet), that is why they showed people puffing on a joint and putting the baby in the oven, or stabbing their friends and family.

It was all propaganda, because if you check out the Laguardia Report (commissioned by Nixon to find out about cannabis), you would see that it speaks very favorably towards cannabis.

Incidentally, the military has ran quite a few tests on soldiers as well.

As far as the lung cancer thing? If you smoke only cigarettes, you are 21 times more likely to die of lung cancer than someone who doesn't smoke at all.

If you smoke only cannabis, your rate of lung cancer is 0.93 to 0.73 percent of a chance than someone who doesn't smoke at all.

Which means, you have a LESS CHANCE than someone who doesn't smoke!

And, I've also found that people who speak out against cannabis are generally those who haven't even been in the same room as a lit joint.

Kinda like a devout lifelong Mormon speaking out about the evils of alcohol. They can't, because they have no first hand experience with it.

Or, it could be someone that tried it once, went to sleep (happened to me that way my first few times), and, because of the legality, as well as not seeing the use of it, quit.

Oh...........and incidentally............those people who you call "stoners" and say that they have no ambition? Well......if you were to check into their substance use, they are 9 times out of 10 using some OTHER drug in addition to cannabis.

Me? I only drink beer and smoke pot.

back in college the tobacco guys could not make it around the football field without stopping half way and coughing their lungs up....us pot smokers had no problems......and im talking just straight cig smokers and pot smokers....the guys who did both stopped with the cig guys and coughed along side them......

Here in Sweden weed is a big no-no. No acceptance, not even a current public discussion. Some people nearly freak out while being at a party when someone lights a joint ... and I mean young people in their early to late twenties. Older generations consider weed something akin to heroin.

and this is in "progressive" Sweden.....im kinda shocked....are you sure the "Neo-cons" havent moved into your govt?....:lol:

It's really silly, having the stuff controlled so that possession or use makes you a criminal. In my jurisdiction it has been decriminalised, meaning you get busted for possession of a small amount you get a ticket. A lot of cops just don't see it as a big deal (and I know that a lot of younger cops) would have used it before (and probably still are) they joined the job so they're not going to get sucked in by the "Reefer Madness" brigade. But stupid, gutless politicians (who probably use the stuff themselves) have to keep up this front about marijuana being such an evil substance. If I didn't know better I'd say they were keeping it illegal to help organised crime. Really dumb policy.

By Stephen C. Webster

Breckenridge, Colorado voters legalize marijuana, paraphernaliaVoters in the ski resort town of Breckenridge, Colorado legalized marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia by a nearly three-to-one margin on Tuesday.

It is the first municipality in the United States to allow paraphernalia, such as pipes, bongs and bubblers.

"'This votes demonstrates that Breckenridge citizens overwhelmingly believe that adults should not be punished for making the safer choice to use marijuana instead of alcohol,' said Sean McAllister, a Breckenridge attorney who proposed the ordinance," ABC continued.

"Possession remains illegal under state law, but Breckenridge Police Chief Rick Holman said his department will 'still have the ability to exercise discretion,'" Colorado's Summit Daily News added.
Story continues below...

Who's with me?

Try Alaska.

You can grow your own there. Up to 20 plants, legally, I think.

20 plants?

You'd have to smoke splivs 24/7 for a year to burn the harvest of twenty well tended plants.

No, it's evil and igorant, Neser, not merely ridiculous.

By Stephen C. Webster

Story continues below...

Who's with me?

Try Alaska.

You can grow your own there. Up to 20 plants, legally, I think.

20 plants?

You'd have to smoke splivs 24/7 for a year to burn the harvest of twenty well tended plants.

Not anymore, it's illegal up there

Forum List

Back