I think I will stop paying my mortgage

Nobody is starving in America

Well, IF that's true (it's actually not true at all but I'll entertain it for a moment) it's only true thanks to our spending on social programs and entitlements that has helped to prevent it, or at least minimize it.

so nobody is truly poor in America. Case closed.

Wrong and wrong. You don't seem to know anything about the subject, you just seem to think that you're somehow an expert and that there's something special enough about you to "close" the issue. You know, grandiose thoughts are a frequent sign of certain mental illnesses. You might consider talking to a doctor about that. But only if you have your own medical insurance. We gotta defund Medicare ya know....

And yes, taking money from some, even if it is to be handed over to another, is theft.

See, what I mean about those grandiose thoughts? You seem to think that you have the power to redefine ideas and concepts simply on your saying so. Or maybe you're just too intellectually inept to understand the difference. Can't handle too many distinctions, can ya? Gotta have everything lumped into no more than three possible shoeboxes with vague labels.

Another way to look at it: How is forcing some to labor on the behalf of others not slavery?

I'm going to let you answer your own question, because you'll probably learn more that way. You know, forced labor occurs every single day in this country. It's called prison. So answer your own question. What is the difference between slavery and the forced labor that happens in the prison system?

When I lived in America I was shocked to see how the poorest are treated in such a rich Nation

Nobody is starving in America

Well, IF that's true (it's actually not true at all but I'll entertain it for a moment) it's only true thanks to our spending on social programs and entitlements that has helped to prevent it, or at least minimize it.

so nobody is truly poor in America. Case closed.

Wrong and wrong. You don't seem to know anything about the subject, you just seem to think that you're somehow an expert and that there's something special enough about you to "close" the issue. You know, grandiose thoughts are a frequent sign of certain mental illnesses. You might consider talking to a doctor about that. But only if you have your own medical insurance. We gotta defund Medicare ya know....

And yes, taking money from some, even if it is to be handed over to another, is theft.

See, what I mean about those grandiose thoughts? You seem to think that you have the power to redefine ideas and concepts simply on your saying so. Or maybe you're just too intellectually inept to understand the difference. Can't handle too many distinctions, can ya? Gotta have everything lumped into no more than three possible shoeboxes with vague labels.

Another way to look at it: How is forcing some to labor on the behalf of others not slavery?

I'm going to let you answer your own question, because you'll probably learn more that way. You know, forced labor occurs every single day in this country. It's called prison. So answer your own question. What is the difference between slavery and the forced labor that happens in the prison system?

You're right. When I mug you and steal your wallet, I'm sure you will not consider it theft if I hand that wallet to a poor person. Right...

The rest of your post is ad hominem bullshit...the only argument you central planner types seem to be able to muster. How sad for you.

Who is going to pay for it?
The people that are refinancing.

It would be no different than if I refinance my mortgage. I'd still have to make the payments.

How?

Example:

You bought a $200K with 5% down

Orig mortgage $195K

Home now worth $125K

You still owe $180K

What are you going to refinance?

If I was the bank I would give you a mortgage of $100K.

You would have to come up with $80K cash, 25K - 20% of 125K and 45K to pay off the old loan.

Will that help?
You refinance what you owe at a lower interest rate. Which could save quite a bit on your monthly payment.

Only problem is that the wealth is being redistributed towards the top.

Please demonstrate where the government is taking money from middle class citizens and giving it in the form of entitlements to rich people.

Seriously? You aware of the bailouts our government provided the big banks so they can "survive" and continue to make their record profits.

If it's such a great option then go for it. Until then, you're just looking for shit to complain about and talking a big game. Put up or shut up.

How many more people are going to complain about how "good" the poor and broke people have it. Pathetic.

Just tired of people who think everything is owed to them . .Why should they get rewarded for being dead beats.

Now everyone struggling to pay their mortgage is a deadbeat. Very deep analysis on your part. Well done.
Fact of the matter is, RESPONSIBLE persons take into account bad times before they drown themselves in debt.

Irresponsible/deadbeat - same difference to me.

Just tired of people who think everything is owed to them . .Why should they get rewarded for being dead beats.

Now everyone struggling to pay their mortgage is a deadbeat. Very deep analysis on your part. Well done.
Fact of the matter is, RESPONSIBLE persons take into account bad times before they drown themselves in debt.

Irresponsible/deadbeat - same difference to me.

You saw the Real Estate Meltdown coming?

You're right. When I mug you and steal your wallet, I'm sure you will not consider it theft if I hand that wallet to a poor person. Right...

Why do you insist on being dishonest and misrepresenting what I've said? You know I never said anything to justify such an absurd response.

The rest of your post is ad hominem bullshit...the only argument you central planner types seem to be able to muster. How sad for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by "central planner type" but I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you can't provide an answer to your own question. How is the forced labor in prison not slavery?

Because in this adminitration if you are a dead beat you get rewarded. More help for people who are behind or under water on their mortgage.

People like us who pay our mortgage on time and never been late gets no help of course.

Nonsense.

I pay my mortgage on time – several mortgages over the last 20 years – and I just closed on a refi this month.

Stop your ignorant rightist whining.

I guess the left hates it when the class warefare is directed to them!

This makes no sense at all.

There isn't actually any taxpayer money involved in this program.

Making the OP’s complaint even more idiotic.

Thankfully, we have a government willing to look out for the less fortunate among us.

A government that understands it’s appropriate to help hard-working Americans during difficult economic times, that the economic downturn was not their fault, and understands it makes better economic sense in the long term to keep Americans in their homes rather than add more empty homes to the market, further hindering the recovery.

Why do you insist on being dishonest and misrepresenting what I've said? You know I never said anything to justify such an absurd response.

I'm not sure what you mean by "central planner type" but I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that you can't provide an answer to your own question. How is the forced labor in prison not slavery?

I do not support forced labor, be it from a prisoner or a taxpayer.

Only problem is that the wealth is being redistributed towards the top.

Please demonstrate where the government is taking money from middle class citizens and giving it in the form of entitlements to rich people.

Seriously? You aware of the bailouts our government provided the big banks so they can "survive" and continue to make their record profits.

Finally something we agree upon. Bush's and Obama's bailouts were wrong. So what are you going to do about that? Continue to support central planners that want an even more powerful and meddling government or will you support those that advocate limited government, free markets and capitalism so those banks that made stupid loans would suffer the consequences of their actions and go out of business?

So, we had "cash for clunkers." What term can be used to describe this political stunt!

I can't wait to see what he has to say about student loans, on Wednesday.

Probably something along the lines of "Waa, waa waa, I didn't go to college so why should I pay for someone else's student loans?"
How about I scrimped and saved to send my children to college and what I dont pay the kids work for. Why should my tax dollars pay for them not planning well or not wanting to work through college to help pay their expenses .

I do not support forced labor, be it from a prisoner or a taxpayer.

A bit melodramatic aren't ya?

Comparing yourself to a slave....you are breaking my heart

I can't wait to see what he has to say about student loans, on Wednesday.

Probably something along the lines of "Waa, waa waa, I didn't go to college so why should I pay for someone else's student loans?"
How about I scrimped and saved to send my children to college and what I dont pay the kids work for. Why should my tax dollars pay for them not planning well or not wanting to work through college to help pay their expenses .

What college do they go to? I hope it is not a State College

Finally something we agree upon. Bush's and Obama's bailouts were wrong. So what are you going to do about that? Continue to support central planners that want an even more powerful and meddling government or will you support those that advocate limited government, free markets and capitalism so those banks that made stupid loans would suffer the consequences of their actions and go out of business?

I am going to continue to support not continuing to give all the breaks possible to big business and the super wealthy. I am going to continue to support the rights of the middle class. You say you want limited government, but is that because you don't want them coddling big business anymore or because you think that government is just "holding" free enterprise back and thats what is keeping our country down. Big difference.

I am going to continue to support not continuing to give all the breaks possible to big business and the super wealthy. I am going to continue to support the rights of the middle class. You say you want limited government, but is that because you don't want them coddling big business anymore or because you think that government is just "holding" free enterprise back and thats what is keeping our country down. Big difference.

If only they had signed this pledge, rather than Grover Norquist's.

Forum List

Back