I think I may have a home here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of him . . . or her. :dunno: I've never seen a post from that poster.

Well, you haven't been here for over 10 years. Just sayin'.

Well that's my point exactly. That poster has probably left the board.

Ya think?

LOL

I don't know, but I doubt that every new poster is a sock of this poster.

You are very naive. About 75% of the regs here are mal socks. It's his job.

Maybe so, because none of this makes any sense to me at all. I don't even want to know anymore.

Well, you haven't been here for over 10 years. Just sayin'.

Ya think?

LOL

Maybe so, because none of this makes any sense to me at all. I don't even want to know anymore.

Maybe you're a mal sock. Did you ever consider that?

Ya think?

LOL

Nope, never crossed my mind. That would make me insane, I think.

Ya think?

LOL

I don't even want to think of what Mal did with his socks.

Welcome again, Mal

You accuse every new poster of being this "Mal" who I have never even seen post here before.

Mal is responsible for 65% of the posting at USMB.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

In your mind, I guess. I'm pretty sure I know this poster from another board, so probably not him.

So what about those bikini pics you promised?

I don't believe I ever made any such promises. :eusa_think:

That's not what we heard

What if Mal made a sock and forgot about it until one day, it just started posting on its own? It's like a Sci-Fi movie, amiright

You accuse every new poster of being this "Mal" who I have never even seen post here before.

Mal is responsible for 65% of the posting at USMB.

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

In your mind, I guess. I'm pretty sure I know this poster from another board, so probably not him.

So what about those bikini pics you promised?

I don't believe I ever made any such promises. :eusa_think:

That's not what we heard

Well, time to upgrade your hearing aid because you heard wrong. :D

Welcome!!! HEY...Where'd he go? :oops:

I scared him off. :D

He wanted non-confrontational debate. What fun is that?:dunno:

Not "non-confrontational"...quality.
The YouTube comments zone and Craigslist Rants and Raves is overrun by trolls.
Doesn't it wear on normal people's nerves after a while?
I just appreciate smart people, that's all.
I like being challenged, not trolled.

Welcome!!! HEY...Where'd he go? :oops:

I scared him off. :D

He wanted non-confrontational debate. What fun is that?:dunno:

Not "non-confrontational"...quality.
The YouTube comments zone and Craigslist Rants and Raves is overrun by trolls.
Doesn't it wear on normal people's nerves after a while?
I just appreciate smart people, that's all.
I like being challenged, not trolled.

I think USMB has a range of discussion levels that's pretty unique. From the highly moderated Clean Debate Zone to the chaos and depravity of the Flame Zone and everything in between. Check out the EXTREMES and gradually migrate to what you're looking for.

I'll bet this poster did some reading of his own and hightailed it out of here. Smart man.
He said he would be in Tulsa today about his film premiere. He'll be back.

By the way, that premiere exceeded my wildest expectations.
We SOLD OUT the theater, they added two more screens and THEY sold out, too!
It was an absolutely amazing evening.

23509261_10212198026280799_82763339024147853_o.jpg

23550220_10212207299032612_9103105413073554698_o.jpg

I'm really blessed to have had such an incredible turnout, and I'll be taking my little film on the road this spring!

Checkerboard Strangler....What's up with that handle? Congrats on whatever that was.

Checkerboard Strangler....What's up with that handle? Congrats on whatever that was.

You really wanna know?
Two reasons:

1. When I used to live in Minneapolis I was a keyboard player for a moderately successful regional rock and blues band and we used to love going to Southside Chicago and playing in a dive called the Checkerboard Lounge.
This was back in the 1970's so I don't even know if it exists anymore but it had been around since 1972 and it was a blues lover's dream. Buddy Guy used to be one of the owners. We even got to jam with him a couple of times, what an exhilarating couple of nights that was!
Oh wow, I see it just closed in 2015, how truly sad!

Legendary Checkerboard Lounge Closed After Owner's Death

2. Living and working in Dallas, I was just getting back to doing film/video part time, so I was doing IT work at Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth as my "straight gig". Security was ultra tight as it was post-9/11, and the guards were all strapped with AR-15, and checking all vehicles and ID every morning, even running mirrors under the cars as they came in.

First morning I came there, it was something like 21 degrees. Got held up by security, they didn't like my Arkansas license, spent extra time scrutinizing me and my POS minivan.

"Look at this guy's license picture. Hey buddy, you look like some kinda terrorist or a mass murderer.
What do they call ya, Checkerboard Strangler?"

It stuck.
And I guess I embraced it.

Attachments

• CHSgenericCOVER1.jpg
    CHSgenericCOVER1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 206
Great story!! Glad I asked! I can see why you adopted that moniker. I play guitar and love the blues too. Been doin't it for 40+ years. You were really lucky to find that joint. :beer:

I was suspended for a so called "RULES VIOLATION".
I invite anyone to search my content (my posts) and find anything at all that would constitute a rules violation.
I'm gone, outta here.

I invite anyone to search my content (my posts) and find anything at all that would constitute a rules violation.
I'm gone, outta here.

I get in trouble ALL the time. You have to be careful about what zones you are posting in. There are different zones with different rules. Makes it a bit confusing, but it is what it is. As far as leeway though, you probably won't find another forum that gives you as much as USMB. They put up with a LOT of abuse. :lol:

I'm gone, outta here.

I get in trouble ALL the time. You have to be careful about what zones you are posting in. There are different zones with different rules. Makes it a bit confusing, but it is what it is. As far as leeway though, you probably won't find another forum that gives you as much as USMB. They put up with a LOT of abuse. :lol:
You get in trouble because you're a renegade sock!

I'm gone, outta here.

I'm no stinky sock. Take that back! Besides that I don't agree with anyone here, so I couldn't be! I'm waaaaaaaay too smart for any of you. :2up:

I'm gone, outta here.

If I'm a sock, then you're a stinky old sneaker! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back