I Think I Face the End of My Career

As we get more mature and can smell bullshit a mile away, the mundane becomes unbearably boring.
Yeah, I think that might be why I cant watch Presidential debates too often any m ore; I feel like I have to take a shower afterwards.

It is sad to think I might not be able to work soon. I love my job, and the people I work with. The pay is great, more than I deserve, but it is the feeling of being useful and productive I enjoy the most.

That might be coming to an end now.

The problem is my memory. I keep forgetting the simplest stuff, even my kids names.

I was in the company cafeteria a few months ago and forgot where I was. For a few seconds I thought I was in my old high school cafeteria, but I knew that was impossible. Then I put it together where I was and my memories came back about why I was there and where etc.

And it is getting worse.

I am afraid to go anywhere and have worse episodes. What if I totally forget and have a case of amnesia or something?

Anyway, I am starting to think it may be time to mosey on into that pasture where the green grass grows.

And I dont feel happy about it at all.
Chin up. It's terrifying, but you can slow this down.
Get to the doctor yesterday and start doing crosswords and other mind games that will keep those synapses firing. Carry a phone if you don't already and have your wife's number in the Emergency spot in case you find yourself somewhere you don't recognize.
You're not going anywhere, Jim. Not for a long time.
Yep, setting up the appointment right now.

Thank you all for your thought and prayers.
Damn Jim, you are too young to be going through this... all the suggestions by others are good! My mom has dementia setting in, but she is in her 80's... she has been seeing a doctor for temporary memory loss etc for a few years now, and it has helped her! She has not gotten any worse!

My sister and I are thinking of suggesting to her to try some sort of medical marijuana therapy, and asking her doctor about it.... you might read up on it, and ask the doctor questions about the treatment possibilities...

Also, maybe start keeping a diary, writing down each day's events... you can always refer to it, when your memory falls short.

Does Pot Help Alzheimer's?

A key hallmark of Alzheimer's disease is the build up of clumps of a protein, called amyloid, in the brain. Some studies have shown that components of cannabis, including THC, appear to remove this protein from nerve cells grown in the lab. ... Research continues to better understand the effects of CBD oil on the brain.
Cannabis, CBD oil and dementia | Alzheimer's Society

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about...therapies/cannabis-cbd-oil-and-dementia

It is sad to think I might not be able to work soon. I love my job, and the people I work with. The pay is great, more than I deserve, but it is the feeling of being useful and productive I enjoy the most.

That might be coming to an end now.

The problem is my memory. I keep forgetting the simplest stuff, even my kids names.

I was in the company cafeteria a few months ago and forgot where I was. For a few seconds I thought I was in my old high school cafeteria, but I knew that was impossible. Then I put it together where I was and my memories came back about why I was there and where etc.

And it is getting worse.

I am afraid to go anywhere and have worse episodes. What if I totally forget and have a case of amnesia or something?

Anyway, I am starting to think it may be time to mosey on into that pasture where the green grass grows.

And I dont feel happy about it at all.

Sorry to hear that, Jim. That sucks. Here's to hoping you get the help you need to get through it.

G.T.

I read what you posted, and most of it was not definitive. There was a lot of “could,” “may,” and other qualifying language. That doesn’t mean you’re wrong. But the studies you posted appear to be more suggestive than conclusive.

I also am highly skeptical of qualifying studies critical of whole grains. Refined grains, absolutely. But given that humans have been consuming whole grains for something like 10,000 years, I’d be very hesitant to say with a high degree of certainty that whole grains are unhealthy without rock solid evidence.

More so than just consuming...humans have evolved to thrive on grains through several famine related bottlenecks.

Forum List

Back