I Think I Face the End of My Career

G.T.

I read what you posted, and most of it was not definitive. There was a lot of “could,” “may,” and other qualifying language. That doesn’t mean you’re wrong. But the studies you posted appear to be more suggestive than conclusive.

I also am highly skeptical of qualifying studies critical of whole grains. Refined grains, absolutely. But given that humans have been consuming whole grains for something like 10,000 years, I’d be very hesitant to say with a high degree of certainty that whole grains are unhealthy without rock solid evidence.
by the way, pop into this vid at 25-minutes...it's pretty interesting.

"Because of Pinenes antioxidant properties, scientists from the Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine tested pinene’s ability to fight the onset of Alzheimers Disease. For this study, the memory function on mice was tested by measuring their ability to find a platform hidden within a maze. The memory function of the mice that were treated with pinene improved more than the group who was not treated. The scientists concluded that “[The] findings suggest the possible neuroprotective potentials of APN for the management of dementia with learning and memory loss.”

It is sad to think I might not be able to work soon. I love my job, and the people I work with. The pay is great, more than I deserve, but it is the feeling of being useful and productive I enjoy the most.

That might be coming to an end now.

The problem is my memory. I keep forgetting the simplest stuff, even my kids names.

I was in the company cafeteria a few months ago and forgot where I was. For a few seconds I thought I was in my old high school cafeteria, but I knew that was impossible. Then I put it together where I was and my memories came back about why I was there and where etc.

And it is getting worse.

I am afraid to go anywhere and have worse episodes. What if I totally forget and have a case of amnesia or something?

Anyway, I am starting to think it may be time to mosey on into that pasture where the green grass grows.

And I dont feel happy about it at all.

Dear JimBowie1958 Please get help from your doctor.
Early onset of this can be managed and treated
and it's better than waiting which makes it harder.

Tell your family and closest friends, and start putting a team
together so in the future they can rotate taking turns assisting you.

I consider the end of life very similar to the beginning.
Babies only understand food and hugs and can't recognize people yet.
They only remember things that are repeated enough that they
start to see the patterns. Faces that are too similar all look the same.
Most communication is nonverbal.

So please see and treat yourself as a precious BABY.
Let the people you love BABY you, and know it's okay
to feel like a little kid who is lost and doesn't know what's going on sometimes.

When we are very young and very old, we need supervision and assistance of others.
That's nature, there's nothing wrong with that.

Let your loved ones know, and if you can get help to keep a journal
of when you do or don't remember things, that can help you monitor
your situation with your doctor.

At 52 I'm already having weird memory lapses and frankly I just gave up worrying.
I decided to go with the flow, do what I can do and focus on,
and get help from friends with things that are too important for me to mess up.

If you are having serious memory lapses that worry you,
write them down on a flip calendar, and check with your doctor and family.
Just get help to watch over you, and don't worry about making decisions
by yourself, ask help from others and know that's part of life.

You have helped and mentored other people,
and your turn will come where you will lean on them to help you.

It is sad to think I might not be able to work soon. I love my job, and the people I work with. The pay is great, more than I deserve, but it is the feeling of being useful and productive I enjoy the most.

The problem is my memory. I keep forgetting the simplest stuff, even my kids names.

I was in the company cafeteria a few months ago and forgot where I was. For a few seconds I thought I was in my old high school cafeteria, but I knew that was impossible. Then I put it together where I was and my memories came back about why I was there and where etc.

And it is getting worse.

I am afraid to go anywhere and have worse episodes. What if I totally forget and have a case of amnesia or something?

Anyway, I am starting to think it may be time to mosey on into that pasture where the green grass grows.

You need appointments with a Neurologist to see what's going on. You need to see a Urologist to see if your body is dealing with salts, etc. right. If you have a regular physician, get his recommendations. Don't piddle around for a few days, get on it. Get family members to follow up. And if you're not sure where you are again, don't let it be in a car. Hitch a ride with a loved one who will take you back and forth to where you get to go. It's smart to have the insurance of helpers, JIm. Best wishes. Don't piddle around. Get a team together while you still can, which leaves you in charge. The medical group should ante up the best panacea possible.

Not a religious person but it could be time to thank God for our health Drug companies are coming up with cures all the time Hope there's one for you

JB, I truly hate to hear this... All I can say is never give up... 99 out of 100 times I don't agree with lil' eddie, but I think he was spot on this time... 20 years ago I was diagnosed with a Liver disease without a cure... In 20 years I did 5 different regimens for the Virus I had... Last year I was cured...

Best of luck my cyber phriend…

nevernevernevergiveup.jpg

Not a religious person but it could be time to thank God for our health Drug companies are coming up with cures all the time Hope there's one for you

JB, I truly hate to hear this... All I can say is never give up... 99 out of 100 times I don't agree with lil' eddie, but I think he was spot on this time... 20 years ago I was diagnosed with a Liver disease without a cure... In 20 years I did 5 different regimens for the Virus I had... Last year I was cured...

Best of luck my cyber phriend…

nevernevernevergiveup.jpg
Just because we can't agree politically with each other doesn't mean we have to be AH's to each other... I try ,,lord knows I try to be civil but sometimes the evil comes out

And it is getting worse.

Kinda sounds like dementia is moving in. See a doctor to find out for sure and maybe Namenda can help or maybe Olanzepine.

Well, I hope things work out for the better for you. Something to consder would be to ask your wife to remind you of things which pertain to your life on a daily basis. What day it is where you live, reminderas on how to use things in and where they are in the home, maybe keep a daily planner on a calendar on the wall or something.

I’ll say some prayers for you.

This is why its imperative for continuing education for people in health care.

I know more about blood-work and nutrition than my damn primary does. Im going to look for a youngin' as a new primary soon.
A lot they don't teach doctors. I've been fortunate for the most part in finding a few along the way that believe in natural health, regeneration and herbs.

Salvia miltiorrhiza, also known as red sage, Chinese sage, tan shen, or danshen root improves blood neurological blood flow too. There are too many studies to list them all but they are easy to find. The natural properties that do this is the salvianolic acids in the red sage root.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
This is why its imperative for continuing education for people in health care.

I know more about blood-work and nutrition than my damn primary does. Im going to look for a youngin' as a new primary soon.
A lot they don't teach doctors. I've been fortunate for the most part in finding a few along the way that believe in natural health, regeneration and herbs.

Salvia miltiorrhiza, also known as red sage, Chinese sage, tan shen, or danshen root improves blood neurological blood flow too. There are too many studies to list them all but they are easy to find. The natural properties that do this is the salvianolic acids in the red sage root.
I wish it was demanded of them. Half the shit they prescribe a pill for could be resolved with an elimination diet and finding the nutritional culprit.

Forum List

Back