CDZ I think how well a country is governed can be measured by the prosperity of the citizens

Some people complain about the disparity of wealth.

Let me iterate. Some benefits for the citizens are equal for every original adult citizens. Something like citizen dividend. That part is similar. Of course, some citizens or even some investors will benefit more. However, the one that I am counting is the one that's equal for everyone kind of thing.

It's like you own a share. You measure the success of a company by how much return the original shareholders have. Of course, some shareholders (like Bill Gates, the CEO) are more profited than ordinary shareholders. However, the success of the company is measured by how successful Bill Gates raise the price of the shares (minus dividend).

Of course, some original shareholders may sell the share and hence do not enjoy the benefit. That doesn't count.

I think equality is a virtue. A small virtue. Far less important than meritocracy or freedom. However, if all else the same, something equal is good. And this capitalistic democracy or privatizing states will take care of equality.

If each citizen produces two children, almost nobody is worse off. The welfare recipient gets more welfare (that now become citizen dividend). The productive get a bigger tax deduction. The extra productivity comes from shareholders being able to see more clearly the valuation of their citizenship. Extra pie also comes where people can easily move from one country to another.

Now if that welfare recipients want to produce unlimited number of children, it's up to the other shareholders to decide to grant more shares or not. It will hurt the share valuation of other share holders. Now, it will be seen.

I think states should also temporarily exchange land peacefully once in a while. Then the land can be sold back to the original state after say 50 years. See if one state can govern land on another state better. You're in Indonesia and want to taste Australian style of government? No need to fly far. You're Australian want to taste Indonesia? Again, no need to travel far.

I am not sure why so many on the left have this obsession with wealthy disparity.

I agree. Typical poor people in the US are already richer than typical poor people in Venezuela. What else do they want?

However, poor people in Venezuela cannot pickpocket money from the rich in the US. The poor in the US have more powah and hence can get more appeasement. It's just a political reality.

Forum List

Back