I think hillary will steps down as secretary of state...

Well, Democrats were in charge of the Congress for the previous 2 years.. I get your point..:lol:

The Republicans controlled legislation with complacent democratic and republican presidents from 1994 to 2006. The damage was done by 1 Jan 2007 and the Republicans would not let the Dems do what need to be done to save the economy. By 1 Jan 2009, the GOP wrecked the economy beyond recovery until after 2012 or even 2013. GOP responsibility, podjo. Live with it.[/
The democrats with full control have demonstrated they do not have a clue what it takes to fix the economy. Fixing the economy is not covering everyones ass who is faltering. People, institutions, businesses are going to need to be allowed to fail. We have to normalize and let things balance out. Today, you can't afford to make in on the average annual income. Everything is to expensive. From housing, to healthcare, to goods and services.

What we need is to first get people working. Create jobs. Step 1, get people off of life support. Get people earning an income. Start redirecting social lifeline spending to subsidize things like healthcare. But first we have to get people weened off of living on that money.

Everything is too expensive because the commercial advertising industry in cahoots with the goods and services industries convinced willing Americans to believe they could have the good things today at only a fraction of the cost. The American consumer is every bit as complicit in this as the businesses.

You are right, Count. The Dems in 20 months have shown they either don't know or don't have the guts to act forcefully; FDR would have despised these slackers. If the Pubs take over, they better have success at what they do, because a frustrated electorate will toss them out if they don't.

I agree with getting a strong economy going and re-directing the lifeline monies to some sort of national health care subsidization.

You all are nuts. With a new Israeli-Palestinian deal in the works, there's no way in hell Hillary will quit as Secretary of State when SHE NEGOTIATED IT. Don't forget that her husband came closer than anyone else to a peace accord too, and I'm comfortable that they will have many late night chats over the ongoing strategy once the talks begin.

If she "quit" it would be for health reasons. She looks exhausted, in my opinion. Would she quit in two years to run against Obama? Maybe, but so what? It wouldn't be the first time that type of contest happened and it doesn't always mean the two hate each other. George H.W. Bush was Reagan's vice president before he quit to run for the top job himself (again). But they weren't that far apart ideologically.

LOL. You honestly think there is going to be a middle east peace agreement?

I don't know, but I think I saw some serious non-drama in Netanyahu when he was here a couple of weeks ago for the summit. I really thought nothing would ever come about when he was elected.

That's not true. Bush '41 did not quit as VP nor did he run for President in 1984. He ran for President in 1980, 1988, and 1992 only.

I stand corrected. However, he did launch his campaign as early as 1985 and entered the Republican primary for President in October 1987.

Yes but at that point, the sitting republican President was not eligable to run again. So he was not running against an incumbent from his own party.

So how is it relevant again?

Relevant only that Bush41 and Reagan never did see eye to eye. Choosing Bush for his veep was purely a political maneuver. I campaigned the first time for Bush. For some reason, when I said something about him running against Reagan, the name Gerald Ford had popped into my head, and I wasn't thinking correctly about that history.

So I'm not infallible. Sue me.

2016 is her best bet. No Democrat is going to win in 2012, and she is smarter than most Dems.

She'll lay low, then make a hard run in 2016.

And she'll still come up short.

Tying your wagon to Obama will prove to be political suicide.

I agree, Hillary is a smart coockie. She will jump into the 2012 elections though I believe.

Obama's numbers would have to get much worse. If he gets into low 30% approval ratings with a very high strong disapproval Rating. Then maybe.

but Like I said, she wants to be president. Not to lose the election, and trying to unseat your parties sitting president in the primary is not an easy sell.

Frankly, now that Hillary has seen how difficult a president's job is THESE DAYS, as opposed to when her husband was in the White House, she may not even want the job at all. Only someone who hasn't been there, done that, would want it now.

she could break any day now. all she has to do is back away and say "i can't stand by and watch this lunatic destroy the country. shame on you barrak obama, for ramming through a health care that nobody wanted, but you. shame on you for letting the economy and the debt and respect from the world decline, for turning your back on iran when they rised up for democracy, for stealing our children's financial future... shame on you barrak obama". and "vote for me and you get bill, times were good when we had bill" and "the barrier of having a black president has been broken, but the first black president is a failure, now let's try a strong and experienced woman".
i can see it all, the latter shares the open door with sarah palin, that's why i've been saying for a year that the '12 election general will be sarah against hillary, perhaps america is finally once again coming back to it's senses.

Oh, so it was only Obama who "let the economy and the respect from the world decline." Not the morons before Jan. 20, 2009. Riiiight.

Well, Democrats were in charge of the Congress for the previous 2 years.. I get your point..:lol:

And the only spending bill they passed was Bush's 2009 budget, which became known as the Omnibus Bill, since it carried over from the previous fiscal year. Even if they had, wrecking an entire economy doesn't happen in only two years.

i thought someone wrote "isn't she 77" ?... but they were two question marks.

there is noprize for coming close to peace for is and pal, either you is... or u isn't, pal
like a little pregnant i spose

Good grief, if you're going to edit a post, work on sentence structure and spelling so people can at least figure out what you're trying to spit out.

i thought someone wrote "isn't she 77" ?... but they were two question marks.

there is noprize for coming close to peace for is and pal, either you is... or u isn't, pal
like a little pregnant i spose

No lasting peace will come from these talks. The people on the Palestinians side with the guns are not even attending.

However I am sure some kind of meaningless deal, that wont do much, will be signed. To give Obama something to point and and say see. I am fixing the world.

If you believe real peace is going to come out of these talks you clearly have not been around as long as I have :)

Attending WHAT? They haven't yet established a schedule for talks. :lol: Hamas must be at least invited to the table, but that doesn't mean they will have the sole power to disrupt any peace talks.

No Hillary in 2012.
No Middle East Peace Agreement.
No Owe Bama re-election.
No Joe Biden Presidential bid in 2012.
After the 2010 elections in November, Democrats are going to be sneaking out of town under the cover of darkness because they are all going under the bus with that goofy guy that thinks he's a "real" President. You're going to get a preview of what people really think about Democrats in just about 3 more months. Trouble is, the Republicans, although they have the upper hand in the up-coming elections, are going to retake the House and maybe the Senate and they don't have a game plan for success. They better be doing some sincere heavy duty realistic planning in those smoke filled rooms pretty soon to get their act together or they are going to fail miserably like the Democrats are failing now.

Gee, some of the same predictions about Clinton were made as I recall. However, in spite of the sex scandal late in his SECOND TERM, he still left office with an over 60% approval rating. Imagine that.

Project all you want. You have no clue and neither do I what will happen within the coming year or the years that follow. Just because you'd LIKE to see all those things come true doesn't mean they will just because you say so.

The Republicans controlled legislation with complacent democratic and republican presidents from 1994 to 2006. The damage was done by 1 Jan 2007 and the Republicans would not let the Dems do what need to be done to save the economy. By 1 Jan 2009, the GOP wrecked the economy beyond recovery until after 2012 or even 2013. GOP responsibility, podjo. Live with it.[/

The United States has been spending money like drunk sailors for the last 30 years with absolutely no accountability. In just about every case, it has been money that had to be borrowed before it could be spent. BOTH Republicans and Democrats are guilty of this and each party has about as much blame to accept as the other. While it's true that Bush didn't do our economy any favors, Obama has made the situation much worse by spending more money than all the previous American Presidents combined. You can't lay the blame entirely on the Republicans because everybody in Congress and the Presidency has helped to make this shit sandwich and it's up to the rest of us to eat it. Trying to say the Democrats are the shining knights that are going to right this wrong is about as laughable as saying it's all the Republicans fault. Congress and the President continue to spend money that we don't have and are even asking to spend more on failed attempts to correct the economy. If they quit acting like idiots and leave the economy alone it will fix itself.

The economic situation was so bad at the end of 2008, to allow the private sector to try to fix it alone would have spelled disaster, in the form of another Great Depression. THEY HAD NO MONEY!!!! Everything was on PAPER, and it was w.o.r.t.h.l.e.s.s. What part of that don't you people GET?

Bill Clinton had an agreed-upon deal which fell apart in Oslo when the principals were there to sign the peace agrement and Arafat backed out at the last minute. So yes, he came closest to brokering an agreement. Know thy history.

And may you never show the signs of age, asshole, especially having travelled on average to and from two countries every month, with a grueling agenda during each.

you're correct about oslo. arafat said he wouldn't sign because he 'be drinking tea with rabin' iif he did. but it was a good way to get billions of dollars from us to siphon over to suha's french bank account.

oslo was a bad deal for israel anyway.... netanyahu won't undermine israel's security the way they did then. he doesn't have to.

as for the loony o/p??? if he read something besides rightwingnut trash, he'd know that hillary said she was going to only do one term as secretary of state a long time ago. and pssst.... our foreign policy is a hell of a lot smarter now than it was when cheney and his neo-con pnac boys were running the show.

so there ya go. :thup:

As for the Bush-Cheney peace agreement, they drew up a "Roadmap," then sent Condi out to do photo ops with the result being "We're making progress." That was the extent of it.

I hope Hillary runs for president again in 2012. She would have been the better candidate in 2008. She would have beaten McCain hands down and the democrats would have still been running strong.

There were just as many GET HILLARY websites produced by the right as there were GET OBAMA sites. McCain lost because he ran a lousy campaign and put the nail in the coffin by picking someone like Sarah Palin as his running mate. (Personally, I think he wanted her as his mate, period. The most stupid mistake of his entire career.)

I agree, Hillary is a smart coockie. She will jump into the 2012 elections though I believe.

Obama's numbers would have to get much worse. If he gets into low 30% approval ratings with a very high strong disapproval Rating. Then maybe.

but Like I said, she wants to be president. Not to lose the election, and trying to unseat your parties sitting president in the primary is not an easy sell.

Frankly, now that Hillary has seen how difficult a president's job is THESE DAYS, as opposed to when her husband was in the White House, she may not even want the job at all. Only someone who hasn't been there, done that, would want it now.

I tend to agree Mags.

I don't think she has one ounce of loyalty toward Ol'BO and his possee. but I don't know if she would even be interested enough to run for Prez.

She and Bill have made a boatload of money.

She's been the SOS for 18 months and has had to work her ass off. She's been up close and personal with all thats going on. Could be she will say enough and her and Bill will go and enjoy their money.

Personally if it were me, thats exactly what I would do. LOL

I really don't think the Dems will throw Ol'BO under the bus no matter how low his polls go.

Hillary is worried about her own legacy. She has several pots on the fire diplomatically that could ensure her place in history

- Israel/ Palistine peace negotiations
- Potential regime changes in N Korea and Cuba
- Iranian disarmament
- Iraq and Afghanistan

Why would she leave and let someone else get the credit? She knows better than to break out in 2012.....a failed bid would end her political career

Anyone who thinks HRC is going to challenge Obama is simply ignorant or mentally feeble.

These days?

The Republicans ran investigations on the Clintons for the entire time they were in the White House. From Whitewater to Vince Foster to Monica....they kept the Clintons tied up in court the whole time

These days?

The Republicans ran investigations on the Clintons for the entire time they were in the White House. From Whitewater to Vince Foster to Monica....they kept the Clintons tied up in court the whole time

Those Hill-Billy's were entertaining...

Democrats sure swallowed a lot of pride and dignity covering for them.. thanks..:lol:

Forum List

Back