I Think Dad Is Dumb

Some follow-up:

YouTube dad says authorities pay visit; Daughter gets job offer | www.wsoctv.com

The former Marine wrote on his Facebook page that Child Protective Services officials came to his home in Stanly Co. on Saturday and interviewed him and his daughter — separately — after viewers of the video called with concerns about his actions.
He said the police also stopped by.
“The police by the way said ‘Kudos, sir,’ ” Jordan wrote. "I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How’s about those apples? Didn’t expect THAT when you called the cops did you?”
Police officials in Albemarle told Channel 9 they have received dozens of calls and emails asking why they haven't done anything about the video. Officials said Jordan lives outside of city limits, so his actions are outside of their jurisdiction.
Officials at the Stanly County Sheriff's Office said there are no laws against what Jordan did, so they will not be investigating the matter.

--

If there is a bright spot for Jordan's daughter, it appears she has at least one job offer from an ice cream shop in the town of Stanley. The offer was posted on YouTube Friday after Jordan's video went viral.
WATCH: Stanley ice cream shop offers Jordan's daughter a job​

And there you go...positive results from effective parenting. That is, if she accepts the job.

And there it is, folks. A liberal thinking -- sorry, wrong word -- feeling that he knows what someone thinks better than the person herself.

You can stamp your feet and pout and hold your breath until you turn blue, but you do not get to run everyone's life.

Again, the reading comprehenionally challenged fail to comprehend my posts.....

I don't want to run anyone else's (let alone everyone's) life.

At the same time, I reserve the right to my own opinion to say "that's fucked up".

I know, it's a radical notion: people expressing their opinion on an Internet message board.
Oh, I comprehend your posts, all right.

Oh, wait -- you know better than I do what I think. You're a liberal.

Lame.

Really bringing out the intellectual heavy hitters for this one, huh?

At the same time, I reserve the right to my own opinion to say "that's fucked up".

I know, it's a radical notion: people expressing their opinion on an Internet message board.

Lame.

:lol::lol::lol: As always, eh?

Some follow-up:

YouTube dad says authorities pay visit; Daughter gets job offer | www.wsoctv.com

The former Marine wrote on his Facebook page that Child Protective Services officials came to his home in Stanly Co. on Saturday and interviewed him and his daughter — separately — after viewers of the video called with concerns about his actions.
He said the police also stopped by.
“The police by the way said ‘Kudos, sir,’ ” Jordan wrote. "I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How’s about those apples? Didn’t expect THAT when you called the cops did you?”
Police officials in Albemarle told Channel 9 they have received dozens of calls and emails asking why they haven't done anything about the video. Officials said Jordan lives outside of city limits, so his actions are outside of their jurisdiction.
Officials at the Stanly County Sheriff's Office said there are no laws against what Jordan did, so they will not be investigating the matter.

--

If there is a bright spot for Jordan's daughter, it appears she has at least one job offer from an ice cream shop in the town of Stanley. The offer was posted on YouTube Friday after Jordan's video went viral.
WATCH: Stanley ice cream shop offers Jordan's daughter a job​

And there you go...positive results from effective parenting. That is, if she accepts the job.

No one was hurt, the shooting of the computer took place on camera, the father didn't scream or call his child names, he just grounded her from her computer, which he bought and made sure it would not be used.

A while back a friend of mine was having trouble with is 16yr. old son.

He told the boy he was grounded and was not allow to drive for a month.

Then the son started arguing with his Father.

Saying it was his car and he could drive it anytime that he wanted.

My friend told his boy; "I paid for it, the title and insurance are in my name, and you are not driving it."

When the kid wouldn't shut his mouth; and keep going on and on about how he was going to drive it anyway.

His Dad walked out of the house and onto the drive way.

Pulled out his pocket knife.

And proceded to slash all 4 tires.

Then told his son, "OK, you can drive it now." :cool:

Last edited:
this was completely irresponsible parenting of the highest order. he acted the same age, if not younger, than his daughter. Where is the model behavior? what is she going to learn? to hate his father, and never respect him again. wow... good job dad. apparently, he cares so much what his daughters friends think, that he feels the need to vindicate himself on camera, in front of millions, to truly humiliate his daughter. this is not teaching a lesson. this is personal revenge, and it is completely selfish, and has nothing to do with the daughter, but with the dad. he obviously had some serious problems in dealing with her, and doesn't know how to handle her. I have no doubt she will be forever scarred by this action, and will go on to lead a troubled life, partly because of this. she could be the next unibomber in the making.

Oh, look -- another leftist who didn't read the article and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Gasp.

Oh, look-- another incredibly smarmy comment from Dave. Oh joy! Now I can really start my day.

BTW, there is no article in the OP. This thread is about the video of the bad father on youtube. Perhaps you are in the wrong thread, caveman?

The articles are in posts 16 and 73, genius. I never said they were in the OP.

Perhaps you are stupid, oldbustedpolitics?

Lame.

In case you haven't noticed, it's not me who's claiming he knows more about a situation than the people involved.

Lame.

In case you haven't noticed, it's not me who's claiming he knows more about a situation than the people involved.

If the dad didn't want public scrutiny, he shouldn't have put it the public domain. He made that decision. Not me.

So, other then telling the rest of us that we should have "no comment", what function do you serve around here?

Lame.

If the dad didn't want public scrutiny, he shouldn't have put it the public domain. He made that decision. Not me.

So, other then telling the rest of us that we should have "no comment", what function do you serve around here?
If you have to lie to make your point, your point isn't worth making.

I never said you couldn't comment. If you feel I have, link the post.

Or are you simply unable to comprehend what I am saying: That your opinion isn't worth as much as you insist it is?

Yes, that seems far more likely.

Or are you simply unable to comprehend what I am saying: That your opinion isn't worth as much as you insist it is?

"Lie"?

Now you are simply becoming unhinged.

When did I ever insist my opinion was anything more than that?

This dad is free to continue screwing up his kids with his warped view of child discipline. I am free to give my opinion on the matter.

Ain't America grand?

BTW, blaming the daughter for the computer he destroyed was an especially nice touch.

"Lie"?

This dad is free to continue screwing up his kids with his warped view of child discipline. I am free to give my opinion on the matter.

Ain't America grand?

BTW, blaming the daughter for the computer he destroyed was an especially nice touch.

She was warned, she didn't obey, he shot the computer.. if you aren't willing to follow through with the punishment, it's really bad parenting.

Of course it was her fault. Had she obeyed her parents about what she put on facebook, she'd still have the computer.

And to the answer the OP...no. I think he did what he thought he had to to reach his daughter. Does the guy come off as a bit on the rough side and probably doesn't do such a great job of listening to his daughter? Maybe. We don't know.
He might be a world class jerk...on the other hand...his daughter might be a world class spoilt brat.

Let's just take him at his word, he has "punished her for doing the same thing a year earlier. I would have done it the first time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pao7meFVCig&feature=g-all-u&context=G2b1dd5bFAAAAAAAAEAA"]The view on the matter from China[/ame]

This guy is a bad father. Those who disagree, are overzealous parents who drool at the supposed 'glory' of disciplining a child in such a manner. The only thing that would deem this glorious, is the ego, because this parenting decision serves nothing in the way of actually helping this child learn anything other than to lose respect for her parents even further, because this supposed disciplinary act in itself, was disrespectful, more so than whatever transgression was deemed so heinous by the father.

This guy is a bad father. Those who disagree, are overzealous parents who drool at the supposed 'glory' of disciplining a child in such a manner. The only thing that would deem this glorious, is the ego, because this parenting decision serves nothing in the way of actually helping this child learn anything other than to lose respect for her parents even further, because this supposed disciplinary act in itself, was disrespectful, more so than whatever transgression was deemed so heinous by the father.

He is a bad father because he let her become the brat she is. I would have killed the computer the first time it happened.

"Lie"?

Ain't America grand?

Yes, a lie. I NEVER said you should have "no comment". If you feel I did, link it.

Yes, America is grand. You get to say almost anything you want.

You don't, however, have a guarantee of acceptance and endorsement of your views. I don't think you understand that.

"Lie"?

Ain't America grand?

She was warned, she didn't obey, he shot the computer.. if you aren't willing to follow through with the punishment, it's really bad parenting.

Of course it was her fault. Had she obeyed her parents about what she put on facebook, she'd still have the computer.
You hush. Geaux has SPOKEN.

Hey, dumbass: The girl herself said she finally learned the lesson.

Great Gaea's galloping goiter, but you leftists sure do love to speak authoritatively of things about which you're utterly clueless.

Do you have kids? Somehow, I doubt it.

You don't have a freaken clue Poindexter. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back