I Think Dad Is Dumb

It is amazing to me how many posters on this board want to take the side of the spoiled daughter.

Sadly, I assume that many of them are parents.

No wonder we have so many screwed up kids running around in our society.
Wouldn't be surprised if many of her defenders WERE the spoiled child once.

Burned bridges need to be rebuilt one piece at a time. He may find the bridge he burned will be irreparable. Sad for both.
You idiots are putting an awful lot of effort into ignoring what the girl herself has said about the incident.

But then, you're liberals. You know better than her how she should feel. Right?

LMAO. Yeah.... She's grateful Daddy shot her laptop and put it on the Internet. That's the kind of stuff good parenting is made of.

At this point, she has most likely realized that Daddy is a clown and is counting down the days until she is out of the house.

What did you expect her to say.
And there it is, folks. A liberal thinking -- sorry, wrong word -- feeling that he knows what someone thinks better than the person herself.

You can stamp your feet and pout and hold your breath until you turn blue, but you do not get to run everyone's life.

You idiots are putting an awful lot of effort into ignoring what the girl herself has said about the incident.

But then, you're liberals. You know better than her how she should feel. Right?

LMAO. Yeah.... She's grateful Daddy shot her laptop and put it on the Internet. That's the kind of stuff good parenting is made of.

At this point, she has most likely realized that Daddy is a clown and is counting down the days until she is out of the house.

And there it is, folks. A liberal thinking -- sorry, wrong word -- feeling that he knows what someone thinks better than the person herself.

You can stamp your feet and pout and hold your breath until you turn blue, but you do not get to run everyone's life.

Again, the reading comprehenionally challenged fail to comprehend my posts.....

I don't want to run anyone else's (let alone everyone's) life.

At the same time, I reserve the right to my own opinion to say "that's fucked up".

I know, it's a radical notion: people expressing their opinion on an Internet message board.

It is amazing to me how many posters on this board want to take the side of the spoiled daughter.

Well, I didn't wake up at the ripe old age of 25 and figure out I was a fuck up if that is what you are getting at............

Well, I didn't wake up at the ripe old age of 25 and figure out I was a fuck up if that is what you are getting at............
Obviously you still haven't figured out what a fuckup you are then.

Good job. Shows endurance and courage of conviction to deny the fact that you are a fuckup just like everyone else in this world when you were young.

Burned bridges need to be rebuilt one piece at a time. He may find the bridge he burned will be irreparable. Sad for both.

Doubt it. This isn't a new problem between snotty teenagers and their parents. The kid usually grows up, matures and the relationship mends and moves on. Sometimes not but I don't think that's the norm.

I know from experience I had my fair share of bratty episodes with my mom and REALLY didn't like her sometimes. But as I grew out of my hormone crazy teenage drama queen brat phase I realized she was a wonderful mom and I loved her until the day she died with all my heart.

Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen. - YouTube

Yeah, punishing your kid because they need to vent their anger is bad parenting. For her, she's going through the stresses of growing up, puberty, taking on bigger and more responsibilities, while managing her current ring of responsibilities. People need to vent. It's life.
Even the highest trained doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists, and other medical personnel will tell you that.

It's true that you shouldn't coddle your kids, but you shouldn't make them "earn their keep" and treat them as a burden to YOUR life. When you had kids, you accepted the responsibility of parenting until the child legally turns 18, so ACT like a responsible parent!
If she is making good grades and not getting into trouble with drugs, sex, and violence. Then he should leave her be. Some household chores would be nice, but you will need to add incentives along with that.

There is also the discussion of intimidating your kids with WEAPONS! What kind of messed up fuck job does that!??? You are just teaching her that intimidation, violence, and bullying others is okay.

If you are going to treat her like an "adult", then you need to give her the legal entitlements that an adult will get. (Kids don't have property rights because they would legally be able to sue their parents up the ass so hard that they will be wheelchair bound for the rest of their life and thrown in the slammer with the possibility of being convicted with a felony. parents need the right to do their job)

I hope she puts his ass in a retirement home that will abuse him while shooting all of his possessions and then making him pay for the stuff that SHE DESTROYED!
I would have done the same.

You ought to read the rest of the story. This is not the first time she's posted such things on Facebook. Her parents warned her that it was inappropriate as whatever you put out there on the web can come back to bite you in the ass later in life. It was not the first offense, it however, will be the last.

Someone suggested he sell the casings on ebay and he thought about it to pay for her college education. You know what her reactions was? She said "Why don't you shoot my phone too, I'll go in with you 50/50." Does that sound like someone who was intimidated to you?

His daughter realizes that she stepped over the bounds and accepts her punishment.

They've been offered all kinds of interviews, some paying and have refused all.

BTW, all his hatemail is also a lesson to her as it does show the consequences of putting something on the internet, even something you think is right, as the dad did.

Good job. Shows endurance and courage of conviction to deny the fact that you are a fuckup just like everyone else in this world when you were young.

You got me. I need help. Seriously. Thank God I stumbled onto this thread................

this was completely irresponsible parenting of the highest order. he acted the same age, if not younger, than his daughter. Where is the model behavior? what is she going to learn? to hate his father, and never respect him again. wow... good job dad. apparently, he cares so much what his daughters friends think, that he feels the need to vindicate himself on camera, in front of millions, to truly humiliate his daughter. this is not teaching a lesson. this is personal revenge, and it is completely selfish, and has nothing to do with the daughter, but with the dad. he obviously had some serious problems in dealing with her, and doesn't know how to handle her. I have no doubt she will be forever scarred by this action, and will go on to lead a troubled life, partly because of this.

Last edited:

Again, the reading comprehenionally challenged fail to comprehend my posts.....

I don't want to run anyone else's (let alone everyone's) life.

At the same time, I reserve the right to my own opinion to say "that's fucked up".

I know, it's a radical notion: people expressing their opinion on an Internet message board.
Oh, I comprehend your posts, all right.

Oh, wait -- you know better than I do what I think. You're a liberal.

this was completely irresponsible parenting of the highest order. he acted the same age, if not younger, than his daughter. Where is the model behavior? what is she going to learn? to hate his father, and never respect him again. wow... good job dad. apparently, he cares so much what his daughters friends think, that he feels the need to vindicate himself on camera, in front of millions, to truly humiliate his daughter. this is not teaching a lesson. this is personal revenge, and it is completely selfish, and has nothing to do with the daughter, but with the dad. he obviously had some serious problems in dealing with her, and doesn't know how to handle her. I have no doubt she will be forever scarred by this action, and will go on to lead a troubled life, partly because of this. she could be the next unibomber in the making.

Oh, look -- another leftist who didn't read the article and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Gasp.

You got me. I need help. Seriously. Thank God I stumbled onto this thread................
well ain't you an after school special. :rolleyes:

Some follow-up:

YouTube dad says authorities pay visit; Daughter gets job offer | www.wsoctv.com

The former Marine wrote on his Facebook page that Child Protective Services officials came to his home in Stanly Co. on Saturday and interviewed him and his daughter — separately — after viewers of the video called with concerns about his actions.
He said the police also stopped by.
“The police by the way said ‘Kudos, sir,’ ” Jordan wrote. "I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How’s about those apples? Didn’t expect THAT when you called the cops did you?”
Police officials in Albemarle told Channel 9 they have received dozens of calls and emails asking why they haven't done anything about the video. Officials said Jordan lives outside of city limits, so his actions are outside of their jurisdiction.
Officials at the Stanly County Sheriff's Office said there are no laws against what Jordan did, so they will not be investigating the matter.

--

If there is a bright spot for Jordan's daughter, it appears she has at least one job offer from an ice cream shop in the town of Stanley. The offer was posted on YouTube Friday after Jordan's video went viral.
WATCH: Stanley ice cream shop offers Jordan's daughter a job​

this was completely irresponsible parenting of the highest order. he acted the same age, if not younger, than his daughter. Where is the model behavior? what is she going to learn? to hate his father, and never respect him again. wow... good job dad. apparently, he cares so much what his daughters friends think, that he feels the need to vindicate himself on camera, in front of millions, to truly humiliate his daughter. this is not teaching a lesson. this is personal revenge, and it is completely selfish, and has nothing to do with the daughter, but with the dad. he obviously had some serious problems in dealing with her, and doesn't know how to handle her. I have no doubt she will be forever scarred by this action, and will go on to lead a troubled life, partly because of this. she could be the next unibomber in the making.

Oh, look -- another leftist who didn't read the article and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

Gasp.

Oh, look-- another incredibly smarmy comment from Dave. Oh joy! Now I can really start my day.

BTW, there is no article in the OP. This thread is about the video of the bad father on youtube. Perhaps you are in the wrong thread, caveman?

Last edited:
I have no doubt she will be forever scarred by this action, and will go on to lead a troubled life, partly because of this.
According to wacky liberals like you.

Because of her Dad's actions. The poor girl will most likely run away from home and live on the streets. Where she will get involved in drugs and prostitution. Give birth to several crack babies and eventually die of a violent crime, herion overdose, or suicide.

this was completely irresponsible parenting of the highest order. he acted the same age, if not younger, than his daughter. Where is the model behavior? what is she going to learn? to hate his father, and never respect him again. wow... good job dad. apparently, he cares so much what his daughters friends think, that he feels the need to vindicate himself on camera, in front of millions, to truly humiliate his daughter. this is not teaching a lesson. this is personal revenge, and it is completely selfish, and has nothing to do with the daughter, but with the dad. he obviously had some serious problems in dealing with her, and doesn't know how to handle her. I have no doubt she will be forever scarred by this action, and will go on to lead a troubled life, partly because of this.

Interesting take.

Children need to have boundaries. And they will test those boundaries. That is a part of childhood. Parents today are more concerned with being "friends" with their kids than being parents. I remember when I was around fourteen, my dad worked midnights for the Federal Aviation Agency as an air traffic controller. There was one rule in the house on Saturdays... DO NOT WAKE UP YOUR FATHER. As the last one of six kids, I knew this. My brothers and sisters knew this and they tip-toed around the house like it was a funeral parlor. I was feeling my oats one Saturday and thought I could play the radio a little more loudly than I should. My mother even warned me to turn it down before dad woke up. Naturally, "my rights" were being violated by this unfair rule. I mean, who was HE to demand such silence, it was after all, my house too. Wasn't it? And besides, I was FOURTEEN. I knew more than him!

The door to my roon swung open. My father walked into my room, took my brand new stereo that he had bought me for Christmas and literally threw it out the window of my room... I was on the second story. When he turned around and looked at me it was like looking into the eyes of the angel of death. One word... one ill-advised movement and I knew that man would literally take my head off. Without a word he turned around and walked back to his room and slammed the door. My mother appeared in my door way... laughed slightly... shook her head and walked away. At dinner, I apologized to him, AFTER picking up the stereo that was in a million pieces. No, he did NOT replace it.

There is a minimum amount of respect any parent should demand and receive. I saw the piece where the father shot the laptop with a gun. Shooting it with a gun or throwing it out a second story window. When you cross the line, sh*t happens. Ask my son who's video console was ripped out of his room and thrown in the trash. No, he NEVER got another one either.

Is she going to be traumatized? God, I hope so.

I have no doubt she will be forever scarred by this action, and will go on to lead a troubled life, partly because of this.
According to wacky liberals like you.

Because of her Dad's actions. The poor girl will most likely run away from home and live on the streets. Where she will get involved in drugs and prostitution. Give birth to several crack babies and eventually die of a violent crime, herion overdose, or suicide.
Some erudite commenters have said that because of this, she'll probably become a stripper because few other careers would be open to her. Through her father, she asked these people what other career choices are there for someone who suffered this type of punishment, because she wasn't keen on stripping.

Again, read the follow up.. It's obvioius she's not scarred for life. She acted irresponsibly and her dad taught her a lesson. She accepted it. She's more of an adult than some people on here. I think her dad acted appropriatly, though I wouldn't have put it on youtube. I think that's the only thing the dad regrets now.

Forum List

Back