I think Barney Frank is on to something...

Please see the larger point to this mess:

This current administration, along with the Democrat Congressional leadership, created this mess. The AIG bonuses are but one example of such bonuses - they are rampant throughout the TARP and stimulus bill passed last month. Dodd lied. Geithner lied. Perhaps Obama lied.

What is being done now - utilizing the federal government via tax policy to go after a very specific group of Americans, is an incredibly scary step being taken - regardless of how you feel about the bonuses.

Another even larger story is the use of AIG as a sort of financial clearing house - pumping tens of billions through the company to use it to send unregulated money to various lending institutions - many of them overseas. That story, if followed up, could prove HUGE. It is only being moderately reported on now, as I think the facts are being gathered on it.

The federal government is out of control right now - they have turned an economic crisis into a potential constitutional crisis - and that my friends, is a very scary place to find our country in...

And why is no one bitching about similar bonuses at Fannie and Freddie which did more to get this current stew boiling than anyone else.

Forum List

Back