I, the USMB Nostradamus predicts....

No one seems to be arguing about those over a million now initforme. The Republican bill that never reached the House floor was for those over a million already. The bill will pass when enough Democrats agree to the number proposed. $500,000 seems reasonable to me.

As I said earlier, it still puts us over the cliff, unless the Democrats allow spending cuts that happen in 2013 and are high enough to make a real difference.

Protecting those at the very top income level should NOT be a reason for holding up a deal. You arent going to find many middle class people out there too worried about a millionaire paying in some more.

Replace black for rich and white for middle class and reconsider your view. Did blacks not deserve protection from the majority? Besides, $250K does not make a millionaire. This is a populist symbolic act. "Fair share" has no real meaning. If every penny of wealth were confiscated from every American with income over $250K, it would run the government for 8 days. Raising the tax on the top 2% is nothing more than a "get even" gesture. It's a flea on an elephant's ass. We have a spending problem and those that want to raise taxes on the rich want to continue spending like they have been while adding more to it. We have to make the hard choices, the sacrifices first.

Do the math.

$debt.JPG

I haven't heard a word about a serious cut in spending, but I know that my prescription coverage through the military will be shooting up by nearly 75%.......

Forum List

Back