I thank the NRA for fighting for Adam Lanza's right to carry an assault rifle!

Well done! You guys are a principled group, that's for sure!

Is someone not getting the attention and love they feel they deserve so close to the holidays?

Hey dumbfuck, they were his mother's guns, not his. You're just too stupid to post.

Not to mention the woman died! Hey dipshit, thanks for once again proving all you dirty fuckn libs think about are your agendas. Fake ass wankers

Another fuckin dumbass making another fuckin dumbass thread about fuckin guns.

GOOD GAWD, how long are you going to milk this thing?
stop dancing on these childrens graves

NRA Breaks Their Silence...

NRA promises "meaningful contributions" to avert another Newtown
Protesters marching with the social activist group CREDO along with other concerned citizens descend on the offices of the NRA's (National Rifle Association) Capitol Hill lobbiest's office demanding the pro-gun lobby stand down in reaction to the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School December 17, 2012, in Washington, DC.
In its first comment following the horrific shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, the National Rifle Association today said it is "prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again." The NRA went silent in the wake of the tragedy last Friday: The gun-rights group's Facebook page disappeared, it stopped sending out tweets, and it told reporters that "ntil the facts are thoroughly known, NRA will not have any comment."

On Tuesday, the group said it would hold a "major news conference" on Friday, December 21 in the Washington D.C., area to further explain its position. It did not offer additional details on the press conference. In addition to promising "meaningful contributions" to avert another tragedy, the NRA said in its short statement that its members were heartbroken by the shooting.

"The National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters - and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown," the statement reads. "Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting."

Source

See also:

Snyder vetoes concealed weapons bill
December 18, 2012 | Gov. Rick Snyder vetoed a bill this afternoon that would have allowed gun owners with extra training to carry their concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, churches and stadiums.
In his veto letter sent to the Legislature shortly before 4 p.m., Snyder said the bill had a fatal loophole that didn’t allow for those institutions to opt out of the new legislation and prohibit weapons from their buildings. “I believe that it is important that these public institutions have clear legal authority to ban weapons from their premises,” he said. “Each is entrusted with the care of a vulnerable population and should have the authority to determine whether its mission would be enhanced by the addition of concealed weapons.”

The veto comes just four days after a horrific shooting in Newtown, Conn., in which a heavily armed 20-year-old muscled his way into the Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 children and six adults. Snyder’s office wasn’t immediately available to comment on his actions with the bill, but he came under intense pressure in recent days from religious, medical and education groups to veto the bill. President Barack Obama called on the nation to take definitive action to ensure that no such tragedy happens again.

The bill passed late Thursday in the final hours of a frenetic lame-duck session, in which all sorts of controversial legislation was passed and sent to Snyder. “I’m glad he’s going to veto it,” said state Sen. Gretchen Whitmer, D-East Lansing. “I was hoping he would veto it before last Friday.” But the bill didn’t reach Snyder’s desk until Tuesday afternoon.

As soon as word leaked out that Snyder planned to veto the bill, groups opposed to the legislation lauded the governor for his action. “Gov. Snyder is making the right call by rejecting this dangerous legislation,” said Zack Pohl, executive director of Progress Michigan. “This is a victory for school safety and common sense. We need more math and science teachers in our classrooms, not more guns. Snyder deserves credit for finally standing up to the extreme forces in his own party. Now it’s time for Lansing politicians to get their priorities straight and start working together to create jobs and improve education.”

Source

Your thanks is misplaced. It should go to the founding fathers. The NRA merely ensures that the right isn't trampled underfoot by well meaning morons.

According to the stipulations of Connecticut's firearm legislation, the Bushmaster rifle involved, was not a proscribed "assault" rifle. I believe this particular rifle would have been a legal hunting/personal-defense rifle even under the expired federal assault rifle regulations.

Can you indicate the support for your contention that the NRA has ever advocated for the right of people to have access to firearms so that they may commit crimes against others? Or am I misunderstanding your claim?

Your thanks is misplaced. It should go to the founding fathers. The NRA merely ensures that the right isn't trampled underfoot by well meaning morons.

You're giving him too much credit. I don't think he is well-meaning in the least.

Forum List

Back