I t doesnt Matter if LA gets an NFL franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Sand Diego is only 100 miles away.

and they still have USC and UCLA - as well as the COASTER -Lakers (nice road trip- esp in Cleveland) the Dodgers and Angels and some NHL team......

no wonder they dont care about an NFL team

Lost Rams amd Raiders with half-empty stadiuns (tried to steal the Seahawks from Seattle - nice try)

quiche sportsfans

Bolts are front runners for the SB - freaking overrrated as usual...................................................

Last edited:
San Diego is 127 miles away. Ever done the commute? Nice 3 hour drive with traffic.

L.A. doesn't want an NFL team because the population that is taking over likes Soccer NOT the NFL.

But I'm fairly certain the NFL "forces that be" along with the professional sports lapdogs at ESPN will push a "franchise" on L.A. at some time in the future.

"You're just not a real sports town without a football team!". Bullshit. Who cares about being a "sports town" anyway?

Head off to the San Francisco Saloon (11501 West Pico, LA) on any football sunday and watch the Niners. Great food, good company and a seat if and only if you get there hours before kick off.
In fact head off to LA on Saturday morning, spent the day on Venice Beach and have an early brunch at Venice Beach on Sunday - then head off for the SF Saloon. Have a bloody mary or two and order a cheeseburger and fries at half-time.
Now that Singletary has been canned the Niners might even win more than they lose.

San Diego is 127 miles away. Ever done the commute? Nice 3 hour drive with traffic.

L.A. doesn't want an NFL team because the population that is taking over likes Soccer NOT the NFL.

But I'm fairly certain the NFL "forces that be" along with the professional sports lapdogs at ESPN will push a "franchise" on L.A. at some time in the future.

"You're just not a real sports town without a football team!". Bullshit. Who cares about being a "sports town" anyway?

What a big surprise - Mexicans are generally too small for American football - hence soccers popularity in LA.

What is the LA City Councils problem? - they have beeen jerking around on the stadium issue (LA Coliseum, Rose Bowl, some other site for a new stadium) - for decades..........................

Done the LA/SD commute - try to avoid rush hour

Last edited:

What a big surprise - Mexicans are generally too small for American football - hence soccers popularity in LA.

What is the LA City Councils problem? - they have beeen jerking around on the stadium issue (LA Coliseum, Rose Bowl, some other site for a new stadium) - for decades..........................

Done the LA/SD commute - try to avoid rush hour

The only people it matters to are those in the NFL front office and the boradcast networks.
The hilarious thing is that there is likely an internal stuggle between the networks over which conference will get the LA Franchise. So they may have to move 2 teams there. I'm guessing Jags and Texans in that order.

Love SOCAL

and they still have USC and UCLA - as well as the COASTER -Lakers (nice road trip- esp in Cleveland) the Dodgers and Angels and some NHL team......

Lost Rams amd Raiders with half-empty stadiuns (tried to steal the Seahawks from Seattle - nice try)

quiche sportsfans

Bolts are front runners for the SB - freaking overrrated as usual...................................................

As a die hard Rams fan when they were in LA,I always watched them every chance I got and I can tell you right now that in the 80's when they were smoking good and were in the playoffs every year,the stands would be packed.their no different than a lot of other NFL teams out there such as the Chiefs, Bengals,Cardinals,Seahawks-at least at their old stadium when they were losing, or the stupid named St Louis Rams now for instance, that when their WINNING,the stands are packed, but when their losing,those stadiums are half empty.I know from first hand experince thats true of the cardinals and Chiefs here in the midwest.LA is just the same.

If they were a consistant winner all the time like the Steelers are for instance,the stands would be packed.The idiot NFL owners should never have allowed that jerk Al Davis to move away to LA,that hurt the rams attendence.Bring the Rams back and let no other LA NFL team back in,win a lot of games,and you'll have the stands packed like the good old days back in the 80's when the Rams were there.

Last edited:

quiche sportsfans

As a die hard Rams fan when they were in LA,I always watched them every chance I got and I can tell you right now that in the 80's when they were smoking good and were in the playoffs every year,the stands would be packed.their no different than a lot of other NFL teams out there such as the Chiefs, Bengals,Cardinals,Seahawks-at least at their old stadium when they were losing, or the stupid named St Louis Rams now for instance, that when their WINNING,the stands are packed, but when their losing,those stadiums are half empty.I know from first hand experince thats true of the cardinals and Chiefs here in the midwest.LA is just the same.

If they were a consistant winner all the time like the Steelers are for instance,the stands would be packed.The idiot NFL owners should never have allowed that jerk Al Davis to move away to LA,that hurt the rams attendence.Bring the Rams back and let no other LA NFL team back in,win a lot of games,and you'll have the stands packed like the good old days back in the 80's when the Rams were there.
True that.......I was a Rams fanatic since 1969. Back in the fearsome foursome days....You couldn't get a seat. In the 70's under Knox same thing. In the late 80's when we had Everett, Flipper, Ellard, Slater, Kevin Greene, etc., you couldn't get a seat. The '89 team was in the top three teams in the NFL.

Problem was, the long commute to Anaheim before the I-5 widening in orange county.

LA wants a team. But, the taxpayers don't want to be burdened with the stadium costs.

Find a good, safe central area with easy freeway access, and a team would definitely flourish. Hell, i'd shell out for season tickets......It's just too bad that bitch Frontierre took the name and colors (Not that gold shit those imposters in St louis are sportin') to St' loius with her. They should have stayed in LA like the browns name and colors stayed in Cleveland.

quiche sportsfans

True that.......I was a Rams fanatic since 1969. Back in the fearsome foursome days....You couldn't get a seat. In the 70's under Knox same thing. In the late 80's when we had Everett, Flipper, Ellard, Slater, Kevin Greene, etc., you couldn't get a seat. The '89 team was in the top three teams in the NFL.

Problem was, the long commute to Anaheim before the I-5 widening in orange county.

LA wants a team. But, the taxpayers don't want to be burdened with the stadium costs.

Find a good, safe central area with easy freeway access, and a team would definitely flourish. Hell, i'd shell out for season tickets......It's just too bad that bitch Frontierre took the name and colors (Not that gold shit those imposters in St louis are sportin') to St' loius with her. They should have stayed in LA like the browns name and colors stayed in Cleveland.

yeah exactly,that bitch frontierre will suffer in pain in hell for what she did,same with all these other owners who did that cruel thing to their fans and deserted them. i can tell you now,I can EASILY get a good seat close to the playing field now in st louis with their horrid play these days if I wanted to.that stadium is so half empty all the time.bring a team back to LA but ONLY if its the Rams.

that being said,do you know how i can get old LA Rams games?

yeah exactly,that bitch frontierre will suffer in pain in hell for what she did,same with all these other owners who did that cruel thing to their fans and deserted them. i can tell you now,I can EASILY get a good seat close to the playing field now in st louis with their horrid play these days if I wanted to.that stadium is so half empty all the time.bring a team back to LA but ONLY if its the Rams.

Not sure.......Try NFL networks web site.

I would love to see the game against New Orleans where Everett and Flipper absolutely lit 'em up.......It was a monday night game if I remember correctly.

LA prefers soccer with a bunch of wusses hugging each other after goals (Mexican population)

USC or bust .

UCLA is a joke.................................................

I would love to see the game against New Orleans where Everett and Flipper absolutely lit 'em up.......It was a monday night game if I remember correctly.

okay I'll give that a try.do you by chance have any old LA RAMS stuff from the past or any of their games at all? I assume not since you dont have that game you want?

okay I'll give that a try.do you by chance have any old LA RAMS stuff from the past or any of their games at all? I assume not since you dont have that game you want?
I've got a lot of my old memorabilia packed away. My beloved authentic NFL "Slater" Jersey, and "Youngblood" Jersey......I've got my '89 Rams helmet signed by all the players on display behind my home bar, along with my Henry Ellard, Flipper Anderson signed Official NFL game ball.....I even have an old helmet shaped piggy bank from the mid 60's in the old blue and white colors, given out by First Western Bank (long gone) to their employees.......Very rare, and worth a small fortune.

I do believe I have a VHS tape of the '89 NFC championship game. The one where Everett screwed up in the "PHANTOM SACK" episode. It's packed away somewhere in the garage or in storage. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for it.

I've got a lot of my old memorabilia packed away. My beloved authentic NFL "Slater" Jersey, and "Youngblood" Jersey......I've got my '89 Rams helmet signed by all the players on display behind my home bar, along with my Henry Ellard, Flipper Anderson signed Official NFL game ball.....I even have an old helmet shaped piggy bank from the mid 60's in the old blue and white colors, given out by First Western Bank (long gone) to their employees.......Very rare, and worth a small fortune.

I do believe I have a VHS tape of the '89 NFC championship game. The one where Everett screwed up in the "PHANTOM SACK" episode. It's packed away somewhere in the garage or in storage. I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for it.

awesome.lucky you.one last question. why did they move from LA anyways,why were they not happy with the arrangemt they had,sharing their stadium with the angels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back