I Support Reparations to All Decedents of Slaves

There were no nations back then. Only tribes.
Who are now nations. If you don't think we can, the the African continent paying is fine too.
No. The chieftains sold their tribe counties in exchange for worthless ice to the colonial powers. The countries that emerged from the former colonies are not responsible for the slave trade. Also buying a slave is not better then selling a slave. They were sold in America, anyway, not Europe.

Who are now nations. If you don't think we can, the the African continent paying is fine too.
No. The chieftains sold their tribe counties in exchange for worthless ice to the colonial powers. The countries that emerged from the former colonies are not responsible for the slave trade. Also buying a slave is not better then selling a slave. They were sold in America, anyway, not Europe.
People capturing and enslaving people are not guilty of anything?

Keep going, this is getting fun.

Actually, I think the British had the right idea, and it is consistent with the United States Constitution.

You see, the slaves were "property," in every sense of the word. They had economic value, could be purchased, sold, damaged, destroyed, and so on. Under the Fifth Amendment, property cannot be taken without due process of law, and as in the case of eminent domain, the owner must be compensated when the State takes property, or as in this case, renders the property worthless.

Perversely, passing a law or a Constitutional Amendment (or for your joker's a Presidential "Proclamation") does not constitute due process of law under the Fifth Amendment. If it did, then Congress could pass a law to confiscate anyone's property or wealth, and the aggrieved property owner would have no recourse.

So the proper reparations for slavery would be to compensate the former slave owners for the value of the property that was rendered worthless by the 13th Amendment. (As we know, the Emancipation Proclamation had no effect on anything, and was merely posturing).

As for the slaves themselves, they SHOULD have received a grubstake of some sort - 40 acres and a mule, or whatever - but at this late date there is no way to pay that compensation, and one might argue that the descendants of slaves have already been compensated by the welfare state, to an extent far greater than the aforesaid property and livestock. Indeed the "reparations" are paid out continuously to this date, and will continue forever, apparently.

Then why are white people that never owned slaves responsible for reparations for something they didn't participate in? That's your defense of the chiefs of those tribes.

Point out to where I argue like that.

I want to know why you think capturing and enslaving people is acceptable.

Then why are white people that never owned slaves responsible for reparations for something they didn't participate in? That's your defense of the chiefs of those tribes.
There´s no defense or whatever you read between the lines. I just mentioned that only those who participated in slave trade are responsible. If you start charging like that, no country will be spared. Another thing is, there are not only no responsibles anymore but also no victims. The descendants of the slaves have now an Amercian ID card. Ask them if they like to hand it out...

I want to know why you think capturing and enslaving people is acceptable.
Where do I argue its acceptable?

There´s no defense or whatever you read between the lines. I just mentioned that only those who participated in slave trade are responsible. If you start charging like that, no country will be spared. Another thing is, there are not only no responsibles anymore but also no victims. The descendants of the slaves have now an Amercian ID card. Ask them if they like to hand it out...

I didn't read between the line. I read exactly what you stated, traitor.

I just mentioned that only those who participated in slave trade are responsible

Well, you can't get more racist than that! How dare you think no white Americans should pay reparations!

Really? Consult a doctor. And what did I betray? The white color?

Me: Hi, white color, do you feel betrayed?
White: No, bro, I´m just fine.
Me: Ok, then, have a nice day and a white Christmas.
White: Thanks. But, is that meant racist?
Me: So you too?
White: Oh, sorry. But you ain´t racist, are you?
Me: I hate colors in general.
White: You´re kidding!
Me: Yes.
Black. What the fuck! Shut up morons! I want to sleep.
Me: Now colors do speak and sleep!
Black & White: You really hate colors!
Me: What the fuck!
Blue: That´s not real!
Me: OMG

Me: Ok, then, have nice day and white Christmas.

You're the one supporting reparations by white people. Sounds to me like you need to see a psychiatrist for your mental disorder.

If you want white people to pay those reparations, I suggest you get off your lazy ass and try to get the money from them personally. Interested?

I just mentioned that only those who participated in slave trade are responsible

Well, you can't get more racist than that! How dare you think no white Americans should pay reparations!
Surely, either way isn´t acceptable!

Me: Ok, then, have a nice day and a white Christmas.
You let us know the name of a person in America who had a slave and I promise reparations.

You're the one supporting reparations by white people. Sounds to me like you need to see a psychiatrist for your mental disorder.

If you want white people to pay those reparations, I suggest you get off your lazy ass and try to get the money from them personally. Interested?
Didn´t know I do. Can you point out to where exactly I do that?

Didn´t know I do. Can you point out to where exactly I do that?

True sign of a mental disorder. Support something then deny supporting it.

Forum List

Back