I support cap and trade if...

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I would support cap and trade if we would remove the income tax, capital gains tax, and death tax. We can then tax our energy usage and since we all know that taxing things doesn't inhibit people from spending their money on them then it should not affect our energy usage since income taxes don't affect people's desire to expand their businesses.

Isn't that a silly idea that people try to avoid paying taxes and will stop doing behaviors that will get taxed because we all know that the goal of cap and trade is to tax our energy consumption for the purpose of raising revenue and not to stop people from using that energy.

I would support cap and trade if we would remove the income tax, capital gains tax, and death tax. We can then tax our energy usage and since we all know that taxing things doesn't inhibit people from spending their money on them then it should not affect our energy usage since income taxes don't affect people's desire to expand their businesses.

Isn't that a silly idea that people try to avoid paying taxes and will stop doing behaviors that will get taxed because we all know that the goal of cap and trade is to tax our energy consumption for the purpose of raising revenue and not to stop people from using that energy.

It's such a great plan, "people try to avoid paying taxes and will stop doing behaviors that will get taxed," that some sainted politician will float a plan to reverse the income tax, so that the more you make, the less you get taxed!

In this way, everyone will be incentivized to work harder, have two or three jobs, or stay in school, invent things...

What a great country!

Can't you see the genius of it?

Cap-and-Tax is an utter scam.

Seriously, if any of those fuckers actually believed that global warming would be earth-ending if we didn't do thus and thus... they'd simply pass laws mandating the corrective actions... thus and thus. If continued CO2 emissions meant the actual END OF MANKIND... the sensible action would be to control the accumulations by fiat. None of this business of "Well, it's all okay, you can go ahead and pollute your little black hearts out... just so long as you're paying enough into the kitty". :rolleyes:

They're pissing down our leg and telling us it's "acid rain"... and all for the sake of making a buck.

• Banned

It's such a great plan, "people try to avoid paying taxes and will stop doing behaviors that will get taxed," that some sainted politician will float a plan to reverse the income tax, so that the more you make, the less you get taxed!

In this way, everyone will be incentivized to work harder, have two or three jobs, or stay in school, invent things...

What a great country!

How about eliminate income taxes completely?

Getting rid of other taxes doesn't suddenly make cap and trade a good policy. Though I agree we should get rid of those taxes as well.

What a great country!

Nope, then our lefty friends would simply continue to believe that money comes from the 'money fairy,' and they'd run the presses at treasury overtime.

I like my plan to invert the policy, and reduce taxes the more one makes. I like it because I like to invest in initiative.

• Banned

What a great country!

Nope, then our lefty friends would simply continue to believe that money comes from the 'money fairy,' and they'd run the presses at treasury overtime.

I like my plan to invert the policy, and reduce taxes the more one makes. I like it because I like to invest in initiative.

Do you suggest start out at 10% and work your way down the more money you make.

OK, and how about this, as folks are taxed more because they make less, let's give 'em the option of 'community service' to pay off the debt.

Or is that called slavery?

OK, and how about this, as folks are taxed more because they make less, let's give 'em the option of 'community service' to pay off the debt.

Or is that called slavery?

Isn't that what tax breaks do?

Forum List

Back