I still want my money in American dollars/Not Euros.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
With the recent Greek economic insolvency, I still prefer my money in American Dollars.

With all the negative news about the U.S. dollars over the past few years, I feel the
Euro is over valued and unstable. Let us be realistic, European unemployment is at 16%.
American unemployment is just at 9%.

The American dollar is still the currency of choice , when it comes to doing international business. And it appears that it will stay that way for long into the future.

I still prefer the American dollar. I want to be paid in dollars , not Euros.!

With the recent Greek economic insolvency, I still prefer my money in American Dollars.

With all the negative news about the U.S. dollars over the past few years, I feel the
Euro is over valued and unstable. Let us be realistic, European unemployment is at 16%.

The American dollar is still the currency of choice , when it comes to doing international business. And it appears that it will stay that way for long into the future.

You don't get paid in American dollars right now?

You don't get paid in American dollars right now?

Yes I do , but I am saying all this hype about the Euro, and one of the Eurozone country Greece, is a economic basket case, whose economy is about to collaspe,
along with five other eurozone countries they call the "PIGS",Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain, and Ireland. And we hear people dumping on the U.S.Dollar all the time.?

If he were paid, it should be in dollars.

It isn't just Greece. Portugal and Spain are spinning out too.

He makes some good points. Eurozone has some very real problems all over the place. Right now the big savior for the US dollar is that the only real alternative is doing a lot worse

Is there some plan to bring America into the Europeans Union? No? Then WTF are you whining about?

Is there some plan to bring America into the Europeans Union? No? Then WTF are you whining about?

Naah but there is talk of switching to Euros for the official oil trading currency.

We keep reading that the Oil states are going to convert to Euros REAL SOON NOW.

It just never seems to happen.

Feb. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Stocks and the dollar rose as higher-than-estimated earnings and economic data signaled the global recovery is gaining momentum. Treasuries slid as Federal Reserve minutes showed policy makers debated selling assets.

The MSCI World Index of 23 developed nations’ stocks advanced 0.7 percent at 4:02 p.m. in New York. The Standard & Poor’s 500 Index rose 0.4 percent a day after the benchmark U.S. equity measure surged the most since November. The Dollar Index rallied as much as 1 percent to 80.528, weighing on metal prices and shares of commodity producers. The yield on the 2-year Treasury note rose six basis points to 0.86 percent and the 10- year yield increased eight basis points to 3.74 percent.
Stocks, Dollar Advance on Economy Outlook as Treasuries Decline - Bloomberg.com

Naah but there is talk of switching to Euros for the official oil trading currency.

It's not a talk, it is happening. I wonder if it will stop, since eurozone is in such trouble.

Can I get paid in Gold Notes, redeemable at any bank for gold bouillon of the weight specified on the note, or its equivalent value (at going exchange rate) in silver?

Gold and silver are too unstable. And the oil states will not switch to the euro while the have half the region invaded already. Oil in dollars is what keeps oil "cheaper" for us then the rest of the world. We don't have to worry about excahange rates. So I wouldn't worry about what Ron Paul and Glen Beck are saying, wait I never do!

Gold and silver are too unstable.

Huh? They worked for thousands of years. :eusa_eh:

They comprise a money supply that can't be inflated and rarely increases, since you have to find/mine/extract more.

☭proletarian☭;2020055 said:
Gold and silver are too unstable.

Huh? They worked for thousands of years. :eusa_eh:

They comprise a money supply that can't be inflated and rarely increases, since you have to find/mine/extract more.

The same holds true with oil would you say that is stable. NO, they, like all commodities are traded on an open market in which you can INFLATE the price base on pure speculation. Do you want to pin our entire economy on a system like that? Remember Dubai!!!

Oil is limited resource, dude. Gold and silver stay around. Even if used, they can be melted. Also, how the hell do you make oil currency?

Oil simply doesn't lend itself to use as currency.

☭proletarian☭;2020044 said:
Can I get paid in Gold Notes, redeemable at any bank for gold bouillon of the weight specified on the note, or its equivalent value (at going exchange rate) in silver?

Not in the USA, Gold and silver notes were recalled and their mandate lifted.
It is all just paper now.

Forum List

Back