I Still Can't Find When Obama Condemned Black Lives Matters After 5 Dallas Cops Murdered

From your link:

Obama condemned the more extreme voices, while defending the movement as a whole.

"In a movement like Black Lives Matter there are always going to be folks who say things that are stupid or imprudent or over generalized or harsh," Obama said after meeting with acting Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy.

"Whenever those of us who are concerned about fairness in the criminal justice system attack police officers, you are doing a disservice to the cause," Obama said, calling violence against police a "reprehensible" crime that needs to be prosecuted. "But even rhetorically, if we paint police in broad brush without recognizing that the vast majority of police officers are doing a really good job and are trying to protect people … if the rhetoric does not recognize that, then we're going to lose allies in the reform cause."

TRUMP IS A DISASTER, AND INEPT AND DANGEROUS TO ALL LIVING THINGS!
So Obama never condemned BLM for their violence

So you 'say'. His words were measured but the point was made. Maybe too abstract for you, or your biased blinders prevent you from comprehending.
How is what Obama said any different than what Trump said?

From your link:

Obama condemned the more extreme voices, while defending the movement as a whole.

"In a movement like Black Lives Matter there are always going to be folks who say things that are stupid or imprudent or over generalized or harsh," Obama said after meeting with acting Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy.

"Whenever those of us who are concerned about fairness in the criminal justice system attack police officers, you are doing a disservice to the cause," Obama said, calling violence against police a "reprehensible" crime that needs to be prosecuted. "But even rhetorically, if we paint police in broad brush without recognizing that the vast majority of police officers are doing a really good job and are trying to protect people … if the rhetoric does not recognize that, then we're going to lose allies in the reform cause."

I don't think he did, and he should've. He should've applauded the spirit of the movement while condemning the methods and attitudes of some of its constituents.

But the big difference between BLM and the KKK (ugh) is the SPIRIT of it. You can be a good person and be involved in BLM. But if you're in the KKK, or any white supremacist group, the chances of you being anything north of pond scum is extremely low.

I don't understand how people are equating the two groups. Both have scummy, violent members, but the spirit and intent behind them is night and day.

So everyone in the KKK is evil but not everyone In BLM is evil?

Wow, just wow.

I'm not an expert on logical fallacies but I think you just experienced one.

Yes. Every single member of the KKK is evil. This isn't something that normal people dispute.
Robert Byrd, George Wallace.

From your link:

I don't think he did, and he should've. He should've applauded the spirit of the movement while condemning the methods and attitudes of some of its constituents.

But the big difference between BLM and the KKK (ugh) is the SPIRIT of it. You can be a good person and be involved in BLM. But if you're in the KKK, or any white supremacist group, the chances of you being anything north of pond scum is extremely low.

I don't understand how people are equating the two groups. Both have scummy, violent members, but the spirit and intent behind them is night and day.

Wow, just wow.

Yes. Every single member of the KKK is evil. This isn't something that normal people dispute.

Look at you! So original.

George Wallace? Yeah he was an evil shit.

Byrd? Died a man who was not a member of the KKK.

You have such gravitas I can hardly stand it.

Wow, just wow.

Look at you! So original.

George Wallace? Yeah he was an evil shit.

Byrd? Died a man who was not a member of the KKK.

You have such gravitas I can hardly stand it.
So Byrd claimed he quit the KKK. There is no evidence he stopped believing in their cause.

You guys are fucking lying.

Obama didn't call out BLM because the Dallas killer was instantly condemned by BLM.

He gave a long speech honoring the fallen officers.

I remember because I listened to the whole damn thing.

At least try not to lie through your teeth if you're gonna be a partisan nutjob.
BLM has a long history of violence. As does the Black Panthers.

Far more violence than any KKK type groups.
Remind me...how many people have the killed? The movements organizers have repeatedly condemned violence...the kkk...not.

Forum List

Back