I Served 25 Years in the Service - And this Asshole is Doing What?????

In other words, no, you haven't. But we both knew that.

Respect isn't automatically granted because you wore a uniform either. Something you haven't figured out.
So let me get this straight; are you saying someone has to be an actual combat "trigger-puller" before he merits respect as a veteran? Well, I don't recall any "beach storming" in Vietnam, but I do recall advancing into hostile fire, so I suppose I qualify (or so that CIB on my old uniform would seem to indicate). I do, however, disagree with your assessment that other vets (especially career service members) don't deserve the same degree of respect, and I'm willing to bet most of the other actual combat vets here agree with me. You know, most of us did not get to choose when, where, or in what MOS we served; it was fate and the system that put us at the tip of the spear, or in the rear with the gear.Those support guys, and the ones who happened to serve in peacetime, have my respect, and they deserve yours, as well; they HAVE earned it. The only thing "special" I claim, is the knowledge of what infantry combat feels like, because I have had that particular experience. That is all. Some of these men you're disparaging have given this nation more years of service than I ever did.

I'm saying that putting on a uniform doesn't grant you instant respect and I'm saying a very recently retired TSgt shouldn't be thumping his chest about WWII.

Please, tell us, what would, you, be willing to fight for? What would you be willing to die for?

The point, Daveman, is that you aren't special and you had zip, zero, zilch to do with WWII. Almost nobody on the board is even old enough to have any real recall of the war. Your chest thumping is like me thumping my chest at black people and telling them they should be thankful that the northern states defeated the Confederate states. It's dumb and pointless and just makes you look like an ass.

There is no reason not to be proud of what America did to help Europe in WWII. Be as proud as your heart desires but when you play the "you should be thankful" card and use it as a weapon to demean euros it makes you look like an arrogant, ethnocentric asshat. It's that kind of entitled attitude from jackassess who had fuck all to do with it that hurts our image. Nobody is saying you have to kiss anyone's ass but you sure look like one when you talk like that.

You may now have your last lame word.
:lol: And yet you have nothing to say to the arrogant, ethnocentric European asshat.

Not at all surprising. It's a tropism with leftists.

The point, Daveman, is that you aren't special and you had zip, zero, zilch to do with WWII. Almost nobody on the board is even old enough to have any real recall of the war. Your chest thumping is like me thumping my chest at black people and telling them they should be thankful that the northern states defeated the Confederate states. It's dumb and pointless and just makes you look like an ass.

There is no reason not to be proud of what America did to help Europe in WWII. Be as proud as your heart desires but when you play the "you should be thankful" card and use it as a weapon to demean euros it makes you look like an arrogant, ethnocentric asshat. It's that kind of entitled attitude from jackassess who had fuck all to do with it that hurts our image. Nobody is saying you have to kiss anyone's ass but you sure look like one when you talk like that.

:lol: And yet you have nothing to say to the arrogant, ethnocentric European asshat.

he has nothing to say to the arrogant, ethnocentric European asshat, because there is no arrogant, ethnocentric European asshat on this thread.

he has nothing to say to the arrogant, ethnocentric European asshat, because there is no arrogant, ethnocentric European asshat on this thread.
Naturally, you don't see yourself as an arrogant ethnocentric. That's because you feel that European superiority is a natural law of the universe.

You've been lied to.

Another low life move.

Is there no end to democrats protecting unions at the cost to everyone else?

Obama does this all the time. He is using the PBGC to pay for American Airline Union $10 Billion pension shortfall. Every AMR union employee gets paid way more than the average US worker. But don't worry, Obama will make sure those Union Voters Pensions get bailed out by the non-union tax payers who have no pensions & get paid way less.

Umm we are stuck with this due to corporate malfeasance.

NO! We are stuck with this due to the democrat union political machine. The unions & management ran their own company into the ground. Not the rest of us lower paid non-union workers who this communist government is going to make pay their bill. :fu:

Naturally, you don't see yourself as an arrogant ethnocentric. That's because you feel that European superiority is a natural law of the universe.

You've been lied to.

don't project your insecurities on me, lameman.

not being thankful to a jingoistic imbecile on a US messageboard does neither make me ethnocentric, nor feeling superior.

You've been lied to.

not being thankful to a jingoistic imbecile on a US messageboard does neither make me ethnocentric, nor feeling superior.
LK, Let me ask you a question; who was it, that defended your country and the rest of Western Europe against Soviet aggression? Did you do that all by yourselves, or were there in fact a considerable number of American troops standing with you? I guarantee there are men on this board who spent some of their career in our military deployed to YOUR country, or nearby, during the Cold War. Further, what country backed your security with its own nuclear arsenal? America, that's who. I remind you also that the ugly wall which divided your country, and turned the DDR into a prison, came down, because American defense spending broke the Soviet Union, until it could no longer afford to support that odious regime. American soldiers of my generation helped guard Germany until that day came, and were glad to do it. I'm mostly of German descent myself, and although my German ancestors came to America 250 years ago, they left family back in Germany; I have relatives there to this day. I wept with joy and celebrated with Germans here in America when we heard those words, "Die Mauer ist weg!" I rejoiced for your nation that night, and felt some satisfaction that the American military in which I served had helped make that day possible. You may not owe us your eternal gratitude for that, but before you despise us, you should remember the part we played in it.

Never realized LK was German.

I have 2 sons living over there, their own choice to be near their Mother. And yes i spent 14 years based in Germany and was in the field when the Wall came down. I've even got a few small pieces of it.

Never realized LK was German.

I have 2 sons living over there, their own choice to be near their Mother. And yes i spent 14 years based in Germany and was in the field when the Wall came down. I've even got a few small pieces of it.

I only been to Germany a few times coming back from and to deployment, but I have spoke to people stationed there and the night life, women and beer is off the chain from what I hear, the German women have some thick bodies, I would probably end up living there.

You've been lied to.

Why should I have any insecurities?

Oh, yes -- you think I should because I'm not European. Worse, I'm an American.

See? You just can't help it.
If you're speaking of me, I never said you had to be thankful to me.

You're really not very bright, are you?

To pay for union health care.

Trashing Tricare | Washington Free Beacon

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

He really does hate the military!

What a piece of shit. Thankfully we've got "pub dupes" in Congress to prevent this from happening....for now.

If Harry and the Hussein are re-elected though, and they win the House....looks like service members are going to get screwed over big time.

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget calls for military families and retirees to pay sharply more for their healthcare, while leaving unionized civilian defense workers’ benefits untouched. The proposal is causing a major rift within the Pentagon, according to U.S. officials. Several congressional aides suggested the move is designed to increase the enrollment in Obamacare’s state-run insurance exchanges.

What a piece of shit. Thankfully we've got "pub dupes" in Congress to prevent this from happening....for now.

If Harry and the Hussein are re-elected though, and they win the House....looks like service members are going to get screwed over big time.

Do you think that a democrat congress is really stupid enough to piss off 60% of the military and 95% of the military retirees?

Do you think that a democrat congress is really stupid enough to piss off 60% of the military and 95% of the military retirees?

Not until at least after the election. Dems have already shown they're willing to go into policital suicide bomber mode just to screw the country over. See Obamacare.

Forum List

Back