I saw this job advertised ...they can't do this can they??

No, we're talking about you being a clueless idiot. :thup:

Say what? All you are doing now on my thread is fucking Justifying out right descrimantion asshole.
Geeze, you can't stop digging, can ya........

Non-Profit Organizations: What are the Rules? - Law Street

I am not reading that shit because reading your post I know it's bullshit and wrong.
Translation;
Mommy, mommy, Ringel's not buying in to my self righteous indignation!!! :thup:

Translation ~ you love to discriminate...
:rofl:

I always check the job boards and ran across this. Sounds illegal..

Shop Foreman/Part-Time
Haven of Rest Ministries
-
Anderson, SC
Part-time
Job Title: Shop Foreman

Department: Retail Operations Center

Reports directly to: ROC Manager

FLSA Classification: Part-Time, Hourly

Job Summary: The role of the Shop Foreman is to inspect and repair home appliances in a timely fashion while working with customers, clients, and volunteers. This job requires a mature faith in Jesus, resulting in a high level of excellence in the fulfillment of our mission.

Religious Qualifications: Haven of Rest Ministries reserves the right under the Federal Law to hire individuals who share the Christian Faith and the ministries doctrinal beliefs.

Job qualifications are listed in each specific job description. The following personal requirements, however, are common to all positions at The Haven. We desire our ministry team to lead a careful, exemplary Christian lifestyle that is “above reproach” so that:

• Unbelievers will see, hear and respond positively to our leadership as we direct them toward the grace of Jesus Christ, and
  • Believers will be encouraged, strengthened and desirous of emulating the godly character qualities they see in us.
As a guideline of employment, ALL employees at The Haven must:

• Be a born again believer in Jesus Christ, claiming Him as Lord and Savior as expressed by personal testimony and Christian conduct.
  • Believe and adhere to The Haven’s doctrinal statement in its entirety
  • Active in his/her local evangelical church
  • Agree to adhere to the policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, present and future.
  • Have genuine concern for the salvation of souls and the spiritual welfare of our clients.
  • Abstain from the use of illegal drugs and abuse of alcoholic beverages and prescription and non-prescription drugs.
  • Have a lifestyle that is free of sexual sin as defined by our doctrinal statement
  • Have high standards of personal hygiene and housekeeping relative to cleanliness and appearance.
  • Have the ability to work in harmony with other staff members, be committed to unity, teamwork, and biblical respect for the Haven’s leadership (Phil.2:1-4; Heb. 13:7,17).
In areas of Christian liberty, we ask you to exercise discretion with the focus of being a positive, godly role model in our community. Our message is Christ, the cross and what is clear in scripture.
Now that you've brought it up, I'm sure some nut job will file suit shortly because s/he applied for the job and was turned down because they.them.it was a devil worshiping child rapist.

Me either but can they legally do this?
I don't know if it is legal or not but I hope it is.

Those people should have a right to hire the type of person they want working for and with them. There is nothing about those stated requirements which are immoral, illegal, or potentially harmful to any individual, group, or establishment.

Hey go for it, in a year or two, this holier than thou employer will be facing either child molestation charges or caught cheating on his wife, these types always end up with there hands out and their pants down

upload_2018-5-13_10-22-41.jpeg

So if this non profit has a rule that you have to dress up as a banana and never take a break you think that would be fine
There are federal guidelines for taking breaks.
Not even non-profit religious entities are exempt from health and safety rules, regulations and laws. So, they have to adhere to the break rules because it is both a health and safety issue, but yes, can make employees dress up as a banana.

Not even non-profit religious entities are exempt from health and safety rules, regulations and laws. So, they have to adhere to the break rules because it is both a health and safety issue, but yes, can make employees dress up as a banana.
I have a banana costume but I suck using a wrench.

I always check the job boards and ran across this. Sounds illegal..

Shop Foreman/Part-Time
Haven of Rest Ministries
-
Anderson, SC
Part-time
Job Title: Shop Foreman

Department: Retail Operations Center

Reports directly to: ROC Manager

FLSA Classification: Part-Time, Hourly

Job Summary: The role of the Shop Foreman is to inspect and repair home appliances in a timely fashion while working with customers, clients, and volunteers. This job requires a mature faith in Jesus, resulting in a high level of excellence in the fulfillment of our mission.

Religious Qualifications: Haven of Rest Ministries reserves the right under the Federal Law to hire individuals who share the Christian Faith and the ministries doctrinal beliefs.

Job qualifications are listed in each specific job description. The following personal requirements, however, are common to all positions at The Haven. We desire our ministry team to lead a careful, exemplary Christian lifestyle that is “above reproach” so that:

• Unbelievers will see, hear and respond positively to our leadership as we direct them toward the grace of Jesus Christ, and
  • Believers will be encouraged, strengthened and desirous of emulating the godly character qualities they see in us.
As a guideline of employment, ALL employees at The Haven must:

• Be a born again believer in Jesus Christ, claiming Him as Lord and Savior as expressed by personal testimony and Christian conduct.
  • Believe and adhere to The Haven’s doctrinal statement in its entirety
  • Active in his/her local evangelical church
  • Agree to adhere to the policies outlined in the Employee Handbook, present and future.
  • Have genuine concern for the salvation of souls and the spiritual welfare of our clients.
  • Abstain from the use of illegal drugs and abuse of alcoholic beverages and prescription and non-prescription drugs.
  • Have a lifestyle that is free of sexual sin as defined by our doctrinal statement
  • Have high standards of personal hygiene and housekeeping relative to cleanliness and appearance.
  • Have the ability to work in harmony with other staff members, be committed to unity, teamwork, and biblical respect for the Haven’s leadership (Phil.2:1-4; Heb. 13:7,17).
In areas of Christian liberty, we ask you to exercise discretion with the focus of being a positive, godly role model in our community. Our message is Christ, the cross and what is clear in scripture.

Did your bullshit detector go off when you saw that?

I wouldn't want to work there anyway.

Me either but can they legally do this?
I was denied a promotion and a wage increase once...and eventually squeezed out of a job when I refused to convert to the religion of the owners of the business. The foreman "took me on a drive" one day and discussed the merits of my conversion. I politely told him my faith was elsewhere. A month later, the hardest worker they had on staff, they denied me my increase in pay which was standard for periodic reviews. Then things got icy as I still refused to convert. Then I quit when it became apparent that I'd never see a raise or promotion working there.

The difference is that they held themselves out as a regular old business with no religious affiliations. Also in their advertising for workers. So they clearly were breaking the law. I think it's about transparency. If their ad read like the ad in the OP, I simply wouldn't have applied if that particular sect of faith didn't appeal to me. That would've been the best.

Forum List

Back