I said it in June......I'll say it again

swizzlee

RedWhiteAndBlue
Jan 8, 2011
on a mountain
There is no question in my mind - Romney will be our next President.

For months I've been listening to the media harping on Mitt about all the things he must DO to win this election.

Nobody KNOWS you. Release your TAXES. Loosen UP. Don't be so STIFF. Lay out your PLANS. Yeah, they have 24 hrs to fill and gotta' fill it with something. Yada, yada, yada.

I've watched this man, little by little, guiding this campaign step by step, releasing a little more here, a little more there. And he keeps up with the O in the polls. He has this planned and he has this well organized.

This week he has accomplished a major goal - knowing and understanding Mitt Romney.We have had a string of personages from his life, both family and friends, step forward to tell their stories of Mitt - the very personal and emotional stories, his work as a religious counselor, his career with both corporate and political friends extolling his virtues, his dedication to doing the best job he can.

I now feel I know Mitt even tho it really wasn't a concern before this. I wanted competence above all. I feel I've got that and a whole lot more.

I envision those who are still undecided needed this convention and perhaps the debates to make up their minds. I envision many walked away with much the same impression I have.

This man will be a true leader.

We currently have a president who is behind the eight ball on many levels and shows no signs of being able to overcome them. In short, the economy and all things connected still suck. His campaign donations leave something to be desired. His convention seems hell-bent on pushing non-issues, He can't or won't address the issues that are so overwhelmingly important to this nation since they would only hi-lite his inability to solve them. And then there's Debbie.

And he is still an unknown! Does anyone remember friends or family, fellow career contacts, anyone who spoke up for the O, telling their stories of this man's nature, personality, feelings, anything at all during his '08 campaign? Or since?

We all know there are voters who will be firmly convinced, who will hold their nose, who will vote for the lesser of, or just go with the person who edges out the other by a few slim points.

Looking at it from that perspective, can you really doubt that Mitt now has a far bigger edge than he did a week ago?

We are no longer dealing with the handle pullers. We are dealing with those who will attack this issue with intelligence and concern. And I see at this point no factors at all that would change this race to anything but a win for Mitt.

Into the homestretch....and on to the debates.

While I hope you are right, the one thing people need to realize that is that if you vote for Mitt, you vote for an element of risk. It's always been implicit.

As he said, risk is part of life. And if you don't want Uncle Sammy feeding and bathing you, you have to be on your own and puts some responsibility on you.

Go Romney/Ryan !

I've always known Mitt Romney is a decent man. He just seems extremely uncomfortable having attention drawn to him personally, especially when it comes to his wealth.

Yesterday's speeches at the convention were evidence that Romney walks the walk. They also exploded the "war on women" meme to smithereens, though the libbies won't stop trying to resuscitate it.

The next time you are in a Staples or Sport Authority or Domino's Pizza or a Dunkin Donuts, you can thank Mitt Romney. If you sleep on a Sealy mattress, you can thank Mitt Romney as your drop off to sleep.

You have to wonder why a successful man is being attacked for being successful. Perhaps because it deflects from the massive failures of his opponent. How hypocritical is it to focus on a few hundred who lost their jobs out of tens of thousands who gained jobs under Bain's flag when 12.8 MILLION people are still waiting for jobs under Obama's flag?

"When somebody doesn't do the job, you gotta let `em go," - Clint Eastwood

Last edited:

For months I've been listening to the media harping on Mitt about all the things he must DO to win this election.

Nobody KNOWS you. Release your TAXES. Loosen UP. Don't be so STIFF. Lay out your PLANS. Yeah, they have 24 hrs to fill and gotta' fill it with something. Yada, yada, yada.

I've watched this man, little by little, guiding this campaign step by step, releasing a little more here, a little more there. And he keeps up with the O in the polls. He has this planned and he has this well organized.

This week he has accomplished a major goal - knowing and understanding Mitt Romney.We have had a string of personages from his life, both family and friends, step forward to tell their stories of Mitt - the very personal and emotional stories, his work as a religious counselor, his career with both corporate and political friends extolling his virtues, his dedication to doing the best job he can.

I now feel I know Mitt even tho it really wasn't a concern before this. I wanted competence above all. I feel I've got that and a whole lot more.

I envision those who are still undecided needed this convention and perhaps the debates to make up their minds. I envision many walked away with much the same impression I have.

We currently have a president who is behind the eight ball on many levels and shows no signs of being able to overcome them. In short, the economy and all things connected still suck. His campaign donations leave something to be desired. His convention seems hell-bent on pushing non-issues, He can't or won't address the issues that are so overwhelmingly important to this nation since they would only hi-lite his inability to solve them. And then there's Debbie.

And he is still an unknown! Does anyone remember friends or family, fellow career contacts, anyone who spoke up for the O, telling their stories of this man's nature, personality, feelings, anything at all during his '08 campaign? Or since?

We all know there are voters who will be firmly convinced, who will hold their nose, who will vote for the lesser of, or just go with the person who edges out the other by a few slim points.

Looking at it from that perspective, can you really doubt that Mitt now has a far bigger edge than he did a week ago?

We are no longer dealing with the handle pullers. We are dealing with those who will attack this issue with intelligence and concern. And I see at this point no factors at all that would change this race to anything but a win for Mitt.

The Governor will not become President of the United States. From the clips I saw; last night sealed it up. He looked like an undertaker delivering a eulogy with almost as much zeal.

He's a good guy; just not Presidential material. The polls bear that out and so will the election.

I have a feeling that Mitt is a diferent brand of conservative than Bush was. Bush was a big government conservative; Mitt seems to have evolved now to be a tea party conservative. I'm optimistic he will be elected and will be a great president. Like Ronald Reagan was.
Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking... but I feel very optmistic about him.

I have a feeling that Mitt is a diferent brand of conservative than Bush was. Bush was a big government conservative; Mitt seems to have evolved now to be a tea party conservative. I'm optimistic he will be elected and will be a great president. Like Ronald Reagan was.

Definitely just your wishful thinking.

The Governor will not become President of the United States. From the clips I saw; last night sealed it up. He looked like an undertaker delivering a eulogy with almost as much zeal.

He's a good guy; just not Presidential material. The polls bear that out and so will the election.
AND oBAMA IS?

WHAT A MORON....
hahaha-024.gif

Perhaps... But it's worth to give it a try.

Perhaps... But it's worth to give it a try.

Go for it. I'll be happy to listen to the excuses roll in when spending increases under a hypothetical President Romney, and especially when he requires the debt ceiling to be increased.

Yes - walks the walk

as opposed to walking on water or parting the seas.

There were several of the candidates where I would have been one of those who held their nose - I did that with John McCain, knowing he was, in different ways, not much better than the cheerleading community organizer. I was WAY wrong but who knew back then how bad it would be.

I didn't recognize what I was seeing a long time ago but I recognize it now as the slowly growing control the progressives have taken over the entire Dem party. I've also watched as it deteriorated into the sleaze and ugliness we see today. It hasn't always been this way.

I can only hope that the O and his "progressives" have been set back so far that it will take many decades before they even get their heads above water.

You're preaching to the choir, L :)

I never had a doubt that I would be voting for him. It was just a matter of knowing why - because I KNOW he's the best man or because I'm going with the lesser of two evils.

Forum List

Back