I remember...

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
fizzies...flavored alka selzer...drop it into a glass and instant rootbeer.

gum wrapper chains..however long you made it, that's how tall your future husband was suppose to be (my cousin's was 13 feet long).

being able to seperate the foil on the gum wrapper from the wax paper.

paper computer tape.

Setting the clock ahead five minutes so that when it came time for Hogan's Heros ore the Rockford Files you turned the TV on when the clock said go, and five minutes later all the tubes were warmed up and the show started.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MC778A548o"]And answering machines rather than voice mail[/ame]

Warm summer afternoons spent checking in alleys and under back stoops for soda bottles to cash in to buy another soda and maybe a moonpie or icecream bar.

Black and White Televisions
Phones that the Phone Company brought over when you signed up.
Percolating coffee makers that had the little bubble on the top.
Cigarette commercials on TV
A single rotating red light on the top of police cars
Manual typewriters
Payphones on every streecorner
Gas station attendees that came out when you pulled up to pump the gas for you.
The bell that used to ring when you pulled into a gas station.
Carbon paper for copying.
Beer cans with a pull top.
Girls couldn't wear pants in public schools. They HAD to wear a dress.
Liberals weren't progressives.
Republicans were conservative.

I remember nearly all of these (the bell ringing when you drove into the gas station . . I'd forgotten all about that!)

We. Is. Old.

heh

I remember....explaining to my children how listening is an important skill.

Happened again today.

Ice cold Coke in those cool glass bottles.

coke.jpg

I liked the old machines we used to get pop from.

Last places I remember seeing them were service stations. Some upright. Some sort of like a big ice chest and the bottles were dangling and you'd run them along the rails to where you could pull them out.

Dang I have fond memories of soda pop! What's up with that. I didn't know it was that big of a part of my childhood. lol

I remember when the 'cent' symbol was on a keyboard..

I remember being a kid and going to "typing class" on one of those old DOS one piece Apple computers and thinking to myself "this shit is stupid, who the hell would want to do this or what can this hunk of shit do or will ever do." :lol:

I remember thinking computers were the dumbest thing ever....

Of course this was 1989-90ish..

We had the internet (28.8) in like 1995 and it was still stupid to me..... Then I got interested when I found out you could listen to music... Yeah it only took 15 minutes to steam a song but - it was still cool back then...

Now I get pissed if the song I want to listen to isn't fully streamed in 2 seconds :lol:

Oh and everything was on hard disk back then..

I remember when it took a dozen hard disks just to install Duke Nukem, which was about 16 MB..

Funny shit now that I think about it.........

Last edited:

Forum List

Back