I Remember Pearl Harbor

My dad was a WWII navy vet. He died last week on 11/30 at age 91. He entered the war late, but did his service in the Pacific on an LCT(Landing Craft - Tank), and was part of the force that was gearing up to attack Japan. I know that we like to ask if bombing Japan was the "right" thing to do. Well, since my old man would have been on the leading edge of the invasion, he appreciated what Truman did.

I suppose its easy for all of us to feel morally superior, since it wasn't us that were fighting and dying over there.

Mark

When I lived in San Diego I worked in a liquor store while going to school, and they had a Japanese restaurant next door that served the best food. Fresh Albacore. One of the cooks always walked through the store I worked at with his Japanese Navy cap on December 7th every year.
I worked with a Jap.

I rolled a cherry bomb under his desk every Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day.

; - )

You're a fucking idiot.

My dad was shot by a Japanese soldier on Attu in 1943, he killed that guy and it haunted him for the rest of his life. Let's all remember Pearl.

My Dad was my hero, A#1. He got a purple heart. He also had what we now call Post Traumatic Stress syndrome. Hated the Japanese. Big-time alcoholic. That is what the Japanese did to him, that is what war does to anyone. My Uncle Fred, disappeared in the pacific lost at sea in action against the Japanese. So, I remember Pearl.

Forum List

Back