I recently learned how to play blackjack and I joined this forum

Did you know that in Asian countries, people gamble in Stag Beetle battles?

• Yes, and I have read "Lolita" so we have a lot in common

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • "An owl in a sack bothers no man."

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Something_Else

A∴A∴
Jul 18, 2012
Hello,

I occasionally enjoy testing the mettle of my mind by engaging in new activities. Yesterday, I learned how to play blackjack. Today I joined this community.

About me: I recently joined the Army, I practice magic (Hermeticism) as religion, I work out, love "gangsta/crime" movies, work with computer networks for fun (and recently started testing some linux flavors... it's awesome!). I LOVE reading non-fiction but recently I've been reading a lot of classic fiction. I'm about halfway through "Lolita" omfg %&^* that's an intense read.

Anyway, I hope to meet many of you over our time here. Although I am somewhat familiar with other fields of study, politics is one that needs much improving. Expect many novice questions and super lame-conventional-mainstream opinions: The Prince is my newly adopted ethical Bible, Bill Maher makes me laugh (so does Glenn Beck/Limbaugh, albeit for other reasons), and I am more likely to read CNN or FOX than anything else. On a side note I have started using al jazeerah as a news source so who knows, maybe that's better idk.

Nice to meet you all,
Tom

Last edited:
That reading CNN and Fox must be a real hoot.

Yeah it's great. Actually I usually only read the sci/tech and business sections... but I'm pretty sure a lot of it is fake or made up, and I'm being serious. Where do you go for news?

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Welcome to USMB, Tom. Hope you enjoy the boards.

Where do I go for news?

I load the subject I want to know about in Bing and click on the looking glass. Some people swear by Google, but it's so third grade I avoid it.

Drudge Report lists a lot of headlines because he respects breaking stories and usually lists whoever breaks the story first. He also has a broad political base and covers both sides without too much bs.

I'm interested in the aeronautics industry and like NASA as my news source. I'm particularly fond of their APOD website that pictures recent sightings into space. Knowledge is so vastly different from when I was in school and attended a science class that had a model of 9 planets and a sun. Now they're talking about bending space to get to opposite sides of the universe, galaxies away. :rolleyes:

To my knowledge, no radio wave messages sent from earth into the great unknown of space have never been responded to.

When I use Bing, I try to get to page 3 or 4 quickly. Some encyclopedic websites pump their info to the top, where you can get some pretty distorted information that is competitively changed at will every 3 or 4 days, so if it's politics, you can bet your bottom dollar you are getting someone's recently rewritten history, a not at all accurate one, too.

Forum List

Back