I really wonder why...

Oscar Wao

Victory is Mine
Dec 15, 2008
Munster, IN
Some people say that the GOP needs to "centre" or "moderate" itself because it's "too far right" (the BIGGEST canard EVER), yet they don't want to cede some territory as well.

In other words, if we conservatives who want to fix the GOP, have to "centre" ourselves, will the others give up some far-left positions and "centre" themselves as well?

Just a random thought late at night when I'm supposed to be in bed cuz I gotta get up for VBS bright and early...

Exactly Dude, but my point was that why can't the "preachers" practice what they "preach"?!

(Of course I know the answer, but I am interested in the replies, might make for a good discussion)

Last edited:
Democrats in chaos and worried about re-election, ya lets join them and eye the donkeys patoot! ( how do you spell patoot correctly?)

Well indeed, consider your post as meaningless drivel! The over hyped liberal media swelled with their promotion and election of the chosen one and you a mere pawn to their wild accusations!

if you want change get involved in your partys politics and work to make things happen.

Okay then, aren't you really talking about moderating your beliefs to win elections, how does one do that and feel represented? The pendulum has swung to the left for various reasons and if things continue down the present course they will swing back to the right in 2010. In the mean time retain your comedy!

Let me rephrase better:

When the D tells the R they need to "centre" themselves because "far right" (*chuckle*) is "too ideological," yet when the D's move themselves further left, that even Michael Moore would be terrified, that's fine for THEM to be "too ideological." Why can't they apply their "political sermons" to their politics and "centre" themselves?

It's a question for anyone on any side; I just don't want the lib D's answering...

The D's aren't that far to the left at all. The most powerful of them, just like the most powerful of Republicans, are still bought and paid for by corporate lobbies that have no interest at all in ideology.

EDIT: The far left has all migrated to the Green Party, or is following Ralph Nader.

Last edited:
The D's aren't that far to the left at all. The most powerful of them, just like the most powerful of Republicans, are still bought and paid for by corporate lobbies that have no interest at all in ideology.
Are you serious?!

You don't call their health care, environmental, labor, immigration, or economic policies FAR LEFT?!

Unless you're a Blue Dog who wants to "save" the Dems, the equivalent of libertarians and paleo-cons wanting to "save" the GOP.

In which case...your party's gone off the deep end...there's little to no hope in saving it.

Are you serious?!

You don't call their health care, environmental, labor, immigration, or economic policies FAR LEFT?!
Left, yes; "far" left, no. Immigration, if anything, is more right in left-wing clothing; the Democratic leadership knows as well as anyone else that their lobbyists want the cheap labor. And the "bailout" was certainly not far left or even left.

Forum List

Back