I really wish I had thought of this

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."The document issued by the notary public declares Duran to be the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometres".
Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino, said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

AFP: Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun

That part about giving half the money to the Spanish government is shear genius. It gets them defending her right to own the sun, and saves her the cost of the lawyers.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."The document issued by the notary public declares Duran to be the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the centre of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometres".
Duran, who lives in the town of Salvaterra do Mino, said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

AFP: Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun

That part about giving half the money to the Spanish government is shear genius. It gets them defending her right to own the sun, and saves her the cost of the lawyers.

I heard that they're sending a manned mission to land on and explore the sun...don't worry, they'll be safe: they're going to land at night.

Forum List

Back