I Really Like Ron Paul but I'm Enthusiastically Voting for Obama!

And I still say that those who refuse to vote for either, are putting Obama back in the White House.
Hate to break it to ya, but the election isn't going to swing either way on my one, single, (1) vote.

But if you choose to use your vote wisely and persuade one or two other persons to use their votes wisely and they persuade one or two others, it won't take long before there are millions educated and ready to do the right thing.
The only wise move is to refuse to accept a false "choice".

And I still say that those who refuse to vote for either, are putting Obama back in the White House.
Hate to break it to ya, but the election isn't going to swing either way on my one, single, (1) vote.

But if you choose to use your vote wisely and persuade one or two other persons to use their votes wisely and they persuade one or two others, it won't take long before there are millions educated and ready to do the right thing.

Your idea of wisely and our idea of wisely differ greatly.

Again, we don't see the other 3 GOP candidates as being any better than Obama. We've shed ourselves of that illusion over the last 20 or more years of watching the GOP steer this country to the left.

There is no false choice. There is only a choice between a President who holds the Constitution in contempt, who has made it very clear that he holds America in contempt, and who out of ignorance or intent has done great damage to this country - or -

We can choose the imperfect GOP candidate who probably is going to screw up as much as he or she fixes, but who doesn't hold the Constitution in contempt, who does love America, and who won't intentionally promote policy that will harm it.

A false choice was voting for Candidate Obama. He sure as hell wasn't what we got in a President Obama.

Last edited:

You should take your own advice, Fox...

There is no false choice. There is only a choice between a President who holds the Constitution in contempt, who has made it very clear that he holds America in contempt, and who out of ignorance or intent has done great damage to this country - or -

...Or, we can choose one of the other 3 GOP candidates who would have voted for the NDAA...a bill that holds the constitution in contempt.

Or we could vote for one of the other 3 candidates who voted for the unconstitutional creation of the Dept. of Education...Or one that created the original basis for the unconstitutional health care legislation.

I can see how those GOP choices are much better :rolleyes:

We don't have free markets here. FAIL.

Sure we do. Food prices are going through the roof, too. Durable goods as well.

Oh, the price of housing fell through the floor, though. Darn, that "free market" sure did screw the mortgage industry, didn't it?

We don't have free markets.

We can't even produce our own fucking MILK in this country without armed government agents stepping in and shutting us down.

Funny you should say that. Just a couple of hours ago, my wife said, "we need a cow with all the milk we go through around here." I told her, "what we really need is the equipment to produce gasoline."

Immie

So yes, I agree that they will head back to Center after the nominee is picked but this one is looking like it's going all the way to the convention.

Honestly, I would be very surprised if that happened. Romney will take Arizona on Tuesday in a walk and after the last debate Santorum's numbers are starting to tank in Michigan. I imagine Romney will pull it out for a win there as well. Super Tuesday is a week later and Santorum doesn't have the cash to challenge Romney in that many states at once. Romney should have a very solid night, Santorum's fundraising will dry up, and it will be all over but the shouting at that point.

We don't have free markets here. FAIL.

Oh, the price of housing fell through the floor, though. Darn, that "free market" sure did screw the mortgage industry, didn't it?

We can't even produce our own fucking MILK in this country without armed government agents stepping in and shutting us down.

Really? So you're saying dairy farmers across the county have agents breathing down their necks every morning when they head for the barns to milk their cows. Really? Would you like to put some data behind that wild-eyed rhetoric?

Funny you should say that. Just a couple of hours ago, my wife said, "we need a cow with all the milk we go through around here." I told her, "what we really need is the equipment to produce gasoline."

Immie

LOL! You are right on.

Those who think gov't regulation is bad in this country have never lived anywhere else. Gov't agents are now lurking behind the trees of dairy farms in Wisconsin....Just waiting to leap when that farmer pulls the wrong teat....I love it when people make incredibly stupid comments like this and then don't back it up with facts....

Immie

LOL! You are right on.

Those who think gov't regulation is bad in this country have never lived anywhere else. Gov't agents are now lurking behind the trees of dairy farms in Wisconsin....Just waiting to leap when that farmer pulls the wrong teat....I love it when people make incredibly stupid comments like this and then don't back it up with facts....

Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally - Washington Times

Immie

LOL! You are right on.

Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally - Washington Times

That's just one example of MANY.

...Or, we can choose one of the other 3 GOP candidates who would have voted for the NDAA...a bill that holds the constitution in contempt.

Or a Ron Paul who says he would have voted against it but didn't show up to vote against it.

What would a President Paul do if that bill hit his desk? Would he veto it on principle and thereby refuse to fund what is absolutely necessary to provide for the common defense? Or would he sign it as the will of the elected representatiives and hope to fix the worst parts of it later. (As has happened with the Patriot Act?)

Can you say for certain what he would do?

But anyway, if the NDAA is the most important burr under your saddle, then you should vote Democrat. The Yays and Nays were split 50/50 between the House Democrats while a plurality of Republicans did vote Yay. In the Senate, seven Democrats opposed it and five Republicans opposed.

And if you want to go back as far as votes in the 1970's to hang folks, there probably isn't going to be all that much objectivity involved in the discussion anyway.

I am less concerned about those issues--though I oppose them all on principle--than I am about trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see. If the country goes bankrupt, there are not enough combined nations in the world to bail us out, and the best Constitution in the world can't help us. If we can stay solvent, and manage to elect the right President and Congress, everything else is fixable.

Who is more likely to hurtle us into intentional bankruptcy? Obama? Or any of the GOP candidates?

Again, it is a no brainer.

I am less concerned about those issues--though I oppose them all on principle--than I am about trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see. If the country goes bankrupt, there are not enough combined nations in the world to bail us out, and the best Constitution in the world can't help us. If we can stay solvent, and manage to elect the right President and Congress, everything else is fixable.

Who is more likely to hurtle us into intentional bankruptcy? Obama? Or any of the GOP candidates?

Again, all the more reason to support Ron Paul.

Guy, seriously, tell me precisely how Ron Paul is going to convince all those brave armchair generals in the GOP that it's not America's right to go around the world, blowing the shit out of any country that we don't like at the moment, filling up American body bags for God & Country. Describe how this process would take place, and I'll believe Paul has a ghost of a chance.

Again, all the more reason to support Ron Paul.

I have no problem with anybody who supports Ron Paul in the primaries. As I have said, I am not a Ron Paul supporter but certainly not because of his proposed fiscal policies because I support a great many of those. There are things that I like and things I don't like in all the candidates, including Ron Paul. I haven't made my pick for who I prefer so I haven't personally endorsed anybody, not that my endorsement would count for anything in the grand scheme of things.

My quarrel is with those who would get their panties in a bunch if Ron Paul is not the GOP nominee and refuse to vote for anybody else who could beat Obama.

Guy, seriously, tell me precisely how Ron Paul is going to convince all those brave armchair generals in the GOP that it's not America's right to go around the world, blowing the shit out of any country that we don't like at the moment, filling up American body bags for God & Country. Describe how this process would take place, and I'll believe Paul has a ghost of a chance.

As CIC he doesn't have to convince them...

Forum List

Back