I really like John Boehner

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
He's just an uncomplicated guy. Hardly rock star material. And that's good. And he's smart, smarter than others in the GOP jumping all over the homo issue.
John Boehner on gay marriage: Reporters try to get him to talk, fail | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Reporter: Mr. Speaker, on gay marriage, Leader Pelosi and several other Democrats say you're on the wrong side of history on this issue. Do you think this is a civil rights issue?

Boehner: "I believe that marriage is the union of one man and one woman. And the president and the Democrats can talk about all this all they want. But the fact is, the American people are focused on our economy, and are asking the question, Where are the jobs?"

Reporter: So you don't think it's a civil rights issue at all?

[Boehner ignores follow-up, moves on to next question about the "War on Women." Then back to gay marriage.]

Reporter: Mr. Speaker, the president's announcement yesterday, his support for gay marriage, has a lot of conservatives trying to figure out how to weave it into the campaigns this year. How big of a role would you like to see that issue take in this election cycle?

Boehner: "The president can talk about it all he wants. I'm going to stay focused on what the American people want us to stay focused on, and that's jobs."

Reporter: Mr. Speaker, a couple of your colleagues have now passed at the committee level, a ban on gay weddings at military bases, and there are some restrictions now on the bill toward spending on DOMA [Defense of Marriage Act.] Are there steps you want to take?

Boehner: "Well there are a lot of members who have ideas about what's important to them, and you see those items advanced here every day. The American people are concerned about our economy. They're concerned about jobs. That's why, as you've seen us focused over the last year and a half on jobs and cutting spending, because our debt and deficit are like a wet blanket hanging over our economy. So we're going to continue to stay focused on what the American people want us to stay focused on.

Reporter: Mr. Speaker, a top Romney adviser said they plan to make gay marriage a major campaign issue. ... Do you agree with that?

Boehner: "I'm gonna stay focused on jobs. Thanks."

He uncomplicated alright. Uncomplicated enough to hand out tobacco lobby checks on the House floor.
John Boehner - SourceWatch
Boehner hands out 'tobacco checks' on floor of House
In late June of 1995 then-GOP Conference Chairman John Boehner handed out "about a half-dozen" checks from the political action committee of tobacco company Brown & Williamson Corp. to fellow Republicans on the floor of the House.
Boehner's chief of staff Barry Jackson stated, "We were trying to help guys who needed to get their June 30th numbers up, their cash-on-hand numbers up. All leadership does this. We have to raise money for people and help them raise money."

He's just an uncomplicated guy. Hardly rock star material. And that's good. And he's smart, smarter than others in the GOP jumping all over the homo issue.

.....'Cause he couldn't keep the Teabaggers corralled.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gCQDjEjd6E&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL5D8EB8AC10F1B36A]Ed Shultz: Speaker John Boehner is a Total, Drunk Fraud! (Part 1/2) - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNXMifmCb24&feature=relmfu]Incompetent Drunk: The John Boehner is 'Bad at His Job' Hypothesis - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
He lacks balls. He does not and cannot do his job. He is controlled by bags who are controlled by Kochs, Norquist, Rove. And, his nemisis, Ryan.

He's a loser and its all about the money.

Except on the golf course or the corner bar.

Rabbi also likes James Richard "Dick" Perry.

If the Republicans retain the House (And they will) the should elect. a Speaker who has a spine.

He lacks balls. He does not and cannot do his job. He is controlled by bags who are controlled by Kochs, Norquist, Rove. And, his nemisis, Ryan.

He's a loser and its all about the money.

Except on the golf course or the corner bar.

That about sums him up ;)

rogersz.jpg

The juvenile and shop-worn responses of the Leftists here tell me my admiration for Boehner is well-placed.

I heard this openly gay radio guy talking about this Obama "evolution" today and he said he and his partner could care less about this issue. They are voting on the economy and so far Obama has sucked big time at improving it but succeeded in making it worse.

John Boehner needs to keep attacking Obama for never governing when we need him, Obama seems to be more concerned about pimping call girls for his secret service while hes on another tax payer million dollar vacation.

The dumbest thing in the OP is Boehner's assertion that he is too busy concentrating on jobs to worry about gay marriage. That guy has not lifted a finger to create a single job, next time he opens his mouth I hope some reporter has the sense to make him point to a few he has been working so hard to create.

Forum List

Back