I really like Andy

CSM

Jul 7, 2004
Northeast US
Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer.You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or"stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough... THEN DON'T PASS IT ON!!

Have a great day!

find it hard to believe that he siad this on national tv in prime time

that said i agree with everything he said

manu1959 said:
find it hard to believe that he siad this on national tv in prime time

that said i agree with everything he said

I agree. Plus Andy is a raving liberal, so I cannot see him saying this....

manu1959 said:
sounds more like a george carlin rant a while back

YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN
by George Carlin

I Am Your Worst Nightmare. I am a BAD American. I am George Carlin.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Democratic or Republican!

I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way, damn it!

I think owning a gun doesn't make you a killer, it makes you a smart American.

I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.

I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, try to do it in English.

I think fireworks should be legal on the 4th of July.

I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster. In fact, if your parents are footing the bill to put your pansy ass through 4 years plus of college, you haven't begun to be enlightened.

I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.

My heroes are John Wayne, Babe Ruth, Roy Rogers, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time arguing about it.

I think global warming is a big lie. Where are all those experts now, when I'm freezing my ass off during these long winters and paying, paying, paying?

I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I didn't wander forty years In the desert after getting chased out of Egypt. I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you! So, shut-the-Hell-up already.

I want to know which church is it exactly where the Reverend Jesse Jackson practices, where he gets his money, and why he is always part of the problem and not the solution. Can I get an AMEN on that one?

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you're running from them.

I also think they have the right to pull your ass over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.

I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me crap or trying to guilt me into making "donations" to their cause. These people should be targets.

I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.

And what the hell is going on with gas prices.. again?

If this makes me a BAD American, then yes, I'm a BAD American

If you are a BAD American too, please forward this to everyone you know.

We need our country back!

1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,Milosovich and the rest of those good ol' boys: We will never "interfere" again.

2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We
would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.

3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder
will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.

4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" (for "deport") and it's back home
baby.

6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but
will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go
somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever for seeds,rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them
is stolen or given to the Army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building
would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The language we speak is
ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE...

Now, ain't that a winner of a plan. The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling,
"You want a piece of me?"

Amen Brother.............

freeandfun1 said:
i think on scopes.com you will find that most of those are attributed to people that didn't really say it.....

agreed....the internet is the single biggest misinformation distribution center ever invented

manu1959 said:
agreed....the internet is the single biggest misinformation distribution center ever invented

see my post above.... edited to add the links to snopes....

freeandfun1 said:
see my post above.... edited to add the links to snopes....

damn facts and truth.....well i had link to a website that said your links are false creations of the left...now where is that link? :bangheads

manu1959 said:
damn facts and truth.....well i had link to a website that said your links are false creations of the left...now where is that link? :bangheads

:rolleyes: and I've got one that says the one you've got is a creation of the right.....

Damn, are we going in cirlces?

:bangheads

CSM said:
Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers.

The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens... Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer.You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry ass if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or"stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor. I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn't stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say "NO!"

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be "African-Americans"? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else.

And if you don't like my point of view, tough... THEN DON'T PASS IT ON!!

Have a great day!

Andy Rooney is an idiot for saying this.

He's using "selective memory" when it comes to the history of America. When slavery was established, the first mission of the slave owners was to strip the black africans of any form of pride and identity.

The "African-american" campaign is an attempt to regain what was once stolen from them... Their culture. As far as their programs, they don't bother me; if you'd felt that your culture was dying, you'll do everything you can do to perserve it, right? Sounds like the basis of your complaint!

If I was the last martian on earth, and I had the money, why would you wish me to die without building a "martian entertainment television" network?

There's no need for special channels, business districts, and programs for white americans; any hard working, deceint white american, can go any where, and do anything, at any given time here. Why? Because white americans own America economically as well as politically.

What separates America from the rest of the world lies within our williness to work with other cultures, in establishing their freedoms and identities, when the resources are available. Isn't that what we're doing in Iraq?

America, unlike other nations, possesses great diversity; this means that somewhere in this country, every culture wants the freedom to find a place to call their own; that is the heart and soul of Political Correctness. If you're against that, you're against this war, your own opinion and anything America stands for.

You're making and contradicting your argument at the same time. You're telling us that we need to preserve "our" culture, while at the same time, asking us to squash anyone's attempt to establish and preserve their own culture, then turn around and label this form of hypocrisy "freedom".

:boohoo:

hylandrdet said:
Andy Rooney is an idiot for saying this.

He's using "selective memory" when it comes to the history of America. When slavery was established, the first mission of the slave owners was to strip the black africans of any form of pride and identity.

The "African-american" campaign is an attempt to regain what was once stolen from them... Their culture. As far as their programs, they don't bother me; if you'd felt that your culture was dying, you'll do everything you can do to perserve it, right? Sounds like the basis of your complaint!

If I was the last martian on earth, and I had the money, why would you wish me to die without building a "martian entertainment television" network?

There's no need for special channels, business districts, and programs for white americans; any hard working, deceint white american, can go any where, and do anything, at any given time here. Why? Because white americans own America economically as well as politically.

What separates America from the rest of the world lies within our williness to work with other cultures, in establishing their freedoms and identities, when the resources are available. Isn't that what we're doing in Iraq?

America, unlike other nations, possesses great diversity; this means that somewhere in this country, every culture wants the freedom to find a place to call their own; that is the heart and soul of Political Correctness. If you're against that, you're against this war, your own opinion and anything America stands for.

You're making and contradicting your argument at the same time. You're telling us that we need to preserve "our" culture, while at the same time, asking us to squash anyone's attempt to establish and preserve their own culture, then turn around and label this form of hypocrisy "freedom".

:boohoo:

so go sit at the back of the bus , whitey. You've had your turn at the wheel. Sit down, shut up and let everyone who isn't you, take away your rights :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
so go sit at the back of the bus , whitey. You've had your turn at the wheel. Sit down, shut up and let everyone who isn't you, take away your rights :rolleyes:

No, more like, "You need to get some sleep, wake up in the morning and realized that this is STILL OUR country and nothing can can be done without white america's approval. Stop being so damn paranoid" :cuckoo:

manu1959 said:
YES, I'M A BAD AMERICAN
by George Carlin

I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the most powerful nation in the world for the next four years.

EXACTLY! Stupid voters can make a man like Al Gore or a woman like Hillary Clinton president! Think about that.

Forum List

Back