I really don't get the backlash over E-Cigs.

The only e-cig I'm familiar with has only glycerin and nicotine in it and I have no idea what the effect of inhaling glycerine is.

As with just about everything, my opinion is that as long as they don't force others to inhale it, what adults choose to do is their business.

That's the next fight. Some anti-smoking people are saying the exhaled vapor is just as dangerous as combustion products, which is basically impossible.

There are little E cig stores opening all over. Id want to know exactly what chemicals are in them ( if any)
Do they really help people quit real cigs or is it just switching habits.

Yes

I know way too many people who quite using them, then reduced the nic level to zero to agree that it's simply trading habits. At that point they're not hooked on them, they simply enjoy the taste.

Depending on the chemicals in the solution, some could be as safe as inhaling the steam off a pot of chicken soap. however, I understand that some school districts are baning e-cigs as drug paraphernalia.

I can see regulating them for over 18 use only. No issues with that.

Agreed.

But I think they should be subjected to the same advertising restrictions as cigarettes.

Have you seen any of the Stephen Dorff ads?

Pretty clear they're marketing to teens and tweens.

Don't know if anyone has made this point yet (didn't read the entire thread), but it seems to me that there are a lot of people relying much more on emotion than on logic. They see someone vaping and can only think "OMG, smoke!!!!" and want to ban it. They are the same people who would freak out if you carried an unlit cigarette around in public. No, you're not smoking, but they FEEL like you are, or will be, and thus feel impelled to stop you.

they're just another nicotine delivery system & I've had drug addicts tell me that is harder to get off of nicotine than it is narcotics. Microgram for microgram, its one of the most powerful mood altering drugs out there.

Depending on the chemicals in the solution, some could be as safe as inhaling the steam off a pot of chicken soap. however, I understand that some school districts are baning e-cigs as drug paraphernalia.

They already are.
they're just another nicotine delivery system & I've had drug addicts tell me that is harder to get off of nicotine than it is narcotics. Microgram for microgram, its one of the most powerful mood altering drugs out there.

Which is fine with me, as long as I can skip the tar, the stink, and the incipient lung cancer. Which I can, as long as I'm very careful and informed about what ingredients go into the fluid.

They already are.

Which is fine with me, as long as I can skip the tar, the stink, and the incipient lung cancer. Which I can, as long as I'm very careful and informed about what ingredients go into the fluid.
keep in mind that those "fluids" might come from china where it was discovered that melamine was found to be in baby formula. Good luck w/ that.

They already are.

keep in mind that those "fluids" might come from china where it was discovered that melamine was found to be in baby formula. Good luck w/ that.

Um, no, the juice I use is mixed in-house by the vape shop I buy it at. FDA-approved food-grade glycerine, distilled water, and nicotine additive from the same supplier that sells to the manufacturers of patches and gum.

I could pay less for it somewhere else, but I'm not looking for a lungful of formaldehyde, thanks.

Like anything else, it's a matter of a little effort to be an informed consumer.

Love the e-cig. What a great invention. Just bought the Joyetech eGo one.

They already are.

Um, no, the juice I use is mixed in-house by the vape shop I buy it at. FDA-approved food-grade glycerine, distilled water, and nicotine additive from the same supplier that sells to the manufacturers of patches and gum.

I could pay less for it somewhere else, but I'm not looking for a lungful of formaldehyde, thanks.

Like anything else, it's a matter of a little effort to be an informed consumer.
an informed hipster? interesting. :eusa_think:

They already are.

an informed hipster? interesting. :eusa_think:

Who are you calling a "hipster"? And being informed isn't exactly difficult.

They already are.

China has QA/QC issues with multiple products, not jut E-Cig fluid.

And it still probably better than standard smoking.

They already are.

Well, it definitely doesn't stink as much, which is all kinds of better right there.

They already are.

Well, it definitely doesn't stink as much, which is all kinds of better right there.

100% correct. It's amazing when you go into a place that "allows" smoking (basically any Irish bar in NYC after say 2:00 AM) how much your jacket stinks the next morning.

They already are.

"probably" w/ no source. :rolleyes-41: AND you consider adding melamine to baby formula just an "issue" :eusa_eh: You vaping and trying to justify it shit stain? :slap: See my other thread.

Last edited:

They already are.

"probably" w/ no source. :rolleyes-41: AND you sonsider adding melamine to baby formula just an "issue" :eusa_eh: You vaping and trying to justify it shit stain? :slap: See my other thread.

Actually I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. However I do not see an issue with people vaping near me. Unlike you I am not a nanny state twat-waddle.

Sigh. Just more whining from nanny staters. E-cigs are still orders of magnitude safer than regular ones just from the lack of combustion particulates and aerosols. Even if there were some trace organics, most of those are in cigarettes anyway.

You are such a twatty little ****.

Dottie should think twice before clicking on the following link with quotes from the EPA and the American Cancer Society. Dottie may never shower again!

Dangers of Chlorine In Your Shower Underground Health Reporter

Forum List

Back