I REALLY Appreciate how Humble the Obama's are in this "Great Recession"...

so was the country in a economical crisis when bush became president? It looks like the pesident would be trying to get the economy jump started and then go on vacation.
no, the country was not in an economic crisis when bush took over. Clinton turned over to bush a booming economy and a government with a surplus. In 8 years bush turned that surplus into an 995 billion dollar budget deficit and a country in the worst recession since the great depression. No wonder bush spent so much time on vacation.

wikianswers - what was the total deficit when obama took office

the "surplus" clinton had was only there because they took from social security to balance the budget. It was nothing more than a shifting of funds to give the appearance of a surplus.
Here is the link if you care to read:
the myth of the clinton surplus

totaly incorrect, you can not debunk the greatness of clinton with that thing called the truth.

The Obamas: supporting Illegal Aliens because they'll vote for the Democrat candidates that real Americans refuse to, and taking vacations because American can no longer afford to.

Well Frank, now the President supports the Islamic Center in NYC. He said so at the Ramadan dinner last night. Apparently you can't place a copy of the Ten Commandments in public cause people might be uncomfortable, but you can place a WHOLE building somewhere that makes almost everyone uncomfortable.

Maybe the building design should be a vertical recreation of a 777?

Vacations. One of the top priorities of this adminstration. - BO

Still at less than half the vacations Bush took so far into his presidency.

But don't let the truth stop your smear campaign, it's never stopped the right before!

Vacations. One of the top priorities of this adminstration. - BO

Still at less than half the vacations Bush took so far into his presidency.

But don't let the truth stop your smear campaign, it's never stopped the right before!

Credible link please. Also, I find going to the ranch to have been going home more than vacation. Certainly some of it was vacation.

It is pretty ironic and funny that he can't even swim in the water because it's full of chit. Kind of sums up this Administration huh?

Michelle Obama visits Spain's Granada - SignOnSanDiego.com

^And how they are "Feeling" our Pain...

It's times like these that you can Truly Appreciate ONE Aspect of Jimmy Carter's Presidency...

He wasn't a Self-Involved, Indulgent Show-off while the Country Suffered in his Final (2) Years in Office.

The same can NOT be said for Barry and his Wife.

Shameless doesn't even begin to Describe it.

And if anyone Doubted this is where they would be, just Remember his $140,000,000 Innagural while America was Shedding 700-800,000 Jobs a Month during the Holidays of 2008/2009...

Classy, these People aren't.

:)

peace...

Not to worry!!!!

Lil' Dumbya's STILL GOT THE LEAD!!!!!!!

710.gif

"This is Mr. Obama's 9th vacation since taking office. As of today, he has spent all or part of 38 days on "vacation" away from the White House. He has also made 14 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 32 days. It brings his total time away to all or part of 70 days.

It's less than the "vacation" time taken during the same period by his immediate predecessor. (Former President George W. Bush gets the quotation marks too.)

As of this point in his 1st term, Mr. Bush had made 14 visits to his Texas ranch spanning all or part of 102 days. He also made 40 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 123 days. His "vacation" total at this point in his presidency was all or part of 225 days away." :eek:

Last edited:
Wasn't it part of the security plan to keep Bush out of the White House for awhile post 9/11? Also, seems to me Bush ahd some high level talks with the Israelis and Palestinians at Camp David during part of that two years. White House West doesn't sound much like a vacation to me.

Wasn't it part of the security plan to keep Bush out of the White House for awhile post 9/11? Also, seems to me Bush ahd some high level talks with the Israelis and Palestinians at Camp David during part of that two years. White House West doesn't sound much like a vacation to me.

Nope. Camp David is by no means a vacation place.
The left is grasping for straws when they compare Camp David "get-a-ways with a schedule of dignitaries visiting" to Martha's Vinyard vacations with nothing on the schedule but golf and dinner and limited press access.

Question is....why is the left consistantly grasping for straws?

August 24, 2010

HomeArchivesRSS SyndicationMerchandiseDonationsContactAboutSearch

« Success - Obama style | Blog Home Page | A Windsor by Any Other Name » Email Friend | Print Article | 18 Comments | Share
August 21, 2010
As economy worsens and unemployment climbs, Obama takes vacation
Monte Kuligowski

Opening Yahoo!'s homepage today I glanced over the news headlines. The headline that got my attention reads, "Oil spill plugged and Iraq combat over, Obama takes break."
What a shameful attempt at covering for the liberal messiah who is taking his sixth vacation since becoming president. This time it's off to Martha's Vineyard for 10 days. Finally the overworked president can relax!

I wonder how the headlines would read if a conservative president was heading off to another luxurious vacation as financial uncertainties exist and unemployment ebbs upward. Iraq combat never stopped Obama from playing golf most Sundays and vacationing, so why is non-combat significant now? The last time I checked, the U.S. is engaged in full-on combat in Afghanistan. And inasmuch as Obama delegated the oil disaster to BP, what's the relevance there? Did BP need Obama to be off the golf course or the elitist playground in order to plug the hole?

"As the economy worsens and unemployment climbs, Bush takes 6th vacation," is more consistent a headline the "mainstream" media would dish out for a conservative or even a moderate like President Bush.

The media have immeasurable power when it comes to influencing public opinion. They can make the most inexperienced, derelict, out-of-touch, anti-Americans look good while setting up conservative Americans as objects of derision, ridicule and scorn.

What we have is a systemic problem and we didn't need the revelations from Journo-list to realize that the elitists who control education and media think alike. I include education because it's the groupthink indoctrination camps of higher education that produce good liberals, and teach them how to think -- or rather, what to think. From there, the elitists in the media inform liberals everywhere of the storyline on every pertinent issue.

The elitists of "mainstream" media certainly know that average Americans, informed by sound bites, are influenced by groupthink peer pressure. Everyone wants to feel intelligent and it's so easy to garner approval: just agree with the narrative on any given political issue.

But alas, conservatives must live by another set of rules since they are in opposition to the ideology and policies the leftist elitists find so brilliant. Electing more Republicans will not solve the systemic problem. Conservatives must realize that the entire system must change.

A sports team that recruits the very best players will never prevail if the team must be handicapped by the rules set by the opposing team. Biased referees have the power to foul conservative players right out of the game while no flags are thrown on the most despicable liberals. The conservative players must press onward in the face of the booing and jeering crowd stirred up by the liberal elitists who control the public opinion game.

Liberals must know that if the playing field is ever leveled, conservatism will crush liberalism in America in an instant.

AND THERE'S FECAL MATTER IN THE WATER! YUK!

Posted at 12:10 AM | Email | Permalink | 18 Comments | Share
Recent Articles
Ground Zero Imam Eyes Another Landmark
Rauf, the Peter Principle Imam
Now, why would 20% of Americans think Obama is a Muslim?
Who But Hoover? Maybe Obama
Black Conservative Supports Glenn Beck Rally
Even in Massachusetts, A GOP Surge
What Liberals Should Have Known
One Mosque at a Time
Gloomy Progressive's Prescription for Eliminating the Middle Class
Paul Krugman is a Liar: Does the New York Times Care?
Blog Posts
NYT spins anti-Israel story in Gaza shopping mall coverage
Another Economic Reality Check
Christian Zionists and other Dangerous Fundamentalists
Imam Rauf's wife compares opposition to mosque with Jew hatred
Lenin's 'useful idiots' in the mosque debate
Winslow Sargeant and Obama's SBA agenda
Another mega mosque going up - this time in Tennessee
Graph of the Day for August 23, 2010
Obama was wrong to make the mosque issue a religious freedom issue
Obama's credibility the big issue in religion poll
Monthly Archives
August 2010
July 2010
June 2010
May 2010
More...

About Us | Contact | Privacy Policy © American Thinker 2010

Last edited:

The left is grasping for straws when they compare Camp David "get-a-ways with a schedule of dignitaries visiting" to Martha's Vinyard vacations with nothing on the schedule but golf and dinner and limited press access.

Freefall polls?

Freefall polls?

Maybe.
I think it is more of a denial of reality.
Saying "he is not as bad as Bush" may not be as good as saying "he is the best ever" but it sure as hell is better than saying "he is not as good as we thought he would be"

Forum List

Back