I read the news, today, oh boy,

sagegirl

Oct 11, 2004
I spent the morning catching up on the news........lots of interesting issues and lots of opinions.

Harriet Miers, I am really surprised about all of it. The speculation before she was chosen was that Bush might name a woman, but I dont think that it was speculation to figure that he would pick a religious conservative hence, one to be pro life. It is a strange phenomenon that those who say they would not reverse Roe v Wade speak openly, while those who would seek to reverse it, either deny to speak of it as an acid test, or refuse to say where they stand. Another thing I dont get is why when I read the ballot, judges run as non-partisan??? why do so many conservatives (not on this board of course) in government distance themselves from issues. Back to HM, I guess she flubbed her test and interview, which might indicate that she is actually not just parroting the administration. Actually I think Karl Rove has other issues to deal with right now. I dont think I would have liked any Bush appointee because of what I believe is the R v W test. I am surprised at the conservative rhetoric against HM and their bashing of Bush for making the nomination. I guess the dems are going to let the reps tear themselves apart on this on, so......if she doesnt withdraw she will probably be approved.

Karl Rove and Libby, .....so one pundit claimed that this whole issue "doesnt matter, most people have never heard of Karl Rove, let alone Libby, and so what." So who the hell had heard of Monica before her and her sex with the pres became daily fodder. Now there was a real important issue!!!!! You cant have it both ways. KR is as close as you can get to the pres on most policy, and for those who have never heard of him this is a good time to be introduced, I guess. I am sure he would have preferred to be in the spotlight under different cicumstances, and he has had plenty of chances to speak out, but he is not yet a household word, well on his way though. Libby is another guy working in the background, a dirty trickster from the sounds of it. It is funny how they mingle on the edges and manage great influence, but they generally are little known to the general public. They are advisors, consultants, appointees, and often become cabinet members or dept. heads......like Brown in FEMA. When their policy becomes a fiasco, such as for Wolfowitz with his WMD and evil empire theory that had alot to do with our invasion of Iraq, or with Libby and his apparent attempt to get even with those that questioned some intelligence used to promote the war. Yeah, the story isnt all that important, but the abuse of power stinks.

Tom Delay......dont really have much to say, money and politics just dont mix. He got caught, there is so much of this that goes on its just a drop in the bucket. Hes a big fish and will give up a good fight, sure looks like he has some explaining to do.

War in Iraq......Nearly 2000 US casualties, and many more wounded. Many thousands of Iraqis dead and wounded. Well the constitution passed but it had been rewritten to the point that it is almost insignificant. (to get it to pass, evidently) The government has to get set up before we can start pulling out, so it is important for us to support them in their efforts. Meanwhile, maintaining order is a costly endeavor both in money and sadly in lives.

Money.......Well interest rates are up, which is good for those of us with a small nestegg and nearing retirement. However, the usual result of keeping inflation down has not happened. We can blame war, hurricanes and shortages and tax cuts and spending and it all enters into it. ECONOMICS is a very big word/concept. We are in debt, and current policies are not making it better. The economy appears to be strong but it is really just smoke and mirrors effect when you realize that somewhere down the line we are going to have to pay for our indulgences. Debt that is a large proportion of GNP is not good. If consumer confidence dies down, and it will as inflation rises, we are going to start feeling the pinch. Who can afford health care/ or health care insurance?

My feeling is that we are in a period of transition, from pretty good times to a time when our needs will be great and our resources diminished.

Sagegirl, I fully blame the dems for everything. IF you guys would moderate your wacked out left (base) of your party, quit pandering to antiamericanism which is used by our enemies abroad, quit accepting funding from george soros, disavow the villainization of christianity carried out by the aclu, and just generally be ANOTHER PRO AMERICAN party, we would have some realistic choices.

rtwngAvngr said:
Sagegirl, I fully blame the dems for everything. IF you guys would moderate your wacked out left (base) of your party, quit pandering to antiamericanism which is used by our enemies abroad, quit accepting funding from george soros, disavow the villainization of christianity carried out by the aclu, and just generally be ANOTHER PRO AMERICAN party, we would have some realistic choices.
LOL
That's so funny! With a minority in both houses, the Dems can't pass legislation, or block it from being passed (because of a R in the white house). Yet somehow it's still all their fault.
Hahahaha.
I blame Canada.

Max Power said:
LOL
That's so funny! With a minority in both houses, the Dems can't pass legislation, or block it from being passed (because of a R in the white house). Yet somehow it's still all their fault.
Hahahaha.
I blame Canada.

That's funny, almost like code for some kind of "R" drug.

Max Power said:
LOL
Hahahaha.
I blame Canada.

You would have more powere if your party were more sensible and less antiamerican. Then americans could choose from TWO parties that will defend america, like we used to before your party became anti american.

rtwngAvngr said:
You would have more powere if your party were more sensible and less antiamerican. Then americans could choose from TWO parties that will defend america, like we used to before your party became anti american.

You're confused
My party

Max Power said:
You're confused
My party

No I'm not. Many if not dems believe in government from the U.N., seeking and obeying their council in all situations, putting our armies under their control, and think we DESERVE to lose the war on terror. I'm not even reading your link, I don't need to. The truth is evident. Are you telling me your party is pro american? We're the bad guy to dems.

The libertarian party had their head up their ass on the war as well.

rtwngAvngr said:
No I'm not. Many if not dems believe in government from the U.N., seeking and obeying their council in all situations, putting our armies under their control, and think we DESERVE to lose the war on terror. I'm not even reading your link, I don't need to. The truth is evident. Are you telling me your party is pro american? We're the bad guy to dems.

The libertarian party had their head up their ass on the war as well.

The ones with their head up their asses are the ones who think this country is headed in the right direction.

The government is expanding WAY too fast. How much of your paycheck went to taxes? I'd say too much. And for what? Stupid social programs, building bridges in the middle of nowhere.

The Supreme Court ruled that the interstate commerce clause can be used to regulate actions that are neither interstate nor commerce.
The Supreme Court ruled that eminent domain can be used to sieze property and just GIVE it to another private owner.

You know what they say about boiling a frog, right?
Well, we're being boiled slowly, and nobody's jumping out.

Forum List

Back