I quit

Then, get your girlfriend to pull the plug, and go visit your therapist for a nice long chat.

I'm not talking about myself. But, my girlfriend lets me know when you wants my attention. I'm quite responsive.

I thinks it's rather a nice idea to announce departures. When people join it's hardly worth introducing yourself because who cares, really, you're an unknown at that point and no matter how honest you may be in your description of yourself, your posts will always speak more truthfully about who and what you are. Plus you can just put that stuff in your profile.

A farewell post is much more meaningful. They open the opportunity for holding memorials, virtual funerals, last wishes and tearful goodbyes. For example, if mani decided to leave he could ask his old friend Shogun to look after Ravi for him.
I think banned people should be allowed one last post, like a last meal, before being axed. It's only the civilized to do.

And matt, you are right about people rarely changing their minds after a message board debate. But it does happen sometimes. I think it happened to me twice. Anyway, it's always still interesting to know what other people are thinking and why, so you can argue more effectively in real life. :tongue:

i agree this i s good to know what other people are thiinking and then you talk abaout this.this i s why i come t o forum.i think you can argue better i n forum because if people disagree there can not hit you.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmY9SMYh-3s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XmY9SMYh-3s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I have, in fact, changed my position of a few issues because of messageboards. That being said, I hope that Mattskramer is just adding a notch to his departure belt and finds his way back. Sometimes we just need some time away.

Are you using a translator?
Is that a question or a suggestion?

Svante: Don't worry.. I've yet to stumble upon a post by you that I haven't understood. Though, I am not sure if that is a reflection on you or on me :eusa_think:

Internet addiction: A manufactured disorder supported by weak research.

Psych Central - Internet Addiction and Online Addiction
Most research into human behavior, whether it be physical or mental, leaves much to be desired. That being said, it is quite an assumption on your part to think everyone to be of sound mind and just lacking self-control! I am quite convinced that there are numerous members here who are not mentally stable.

Mostly religious nuts come to mind.

Last edited:
Is that a question or a suggestion?

Svante: Don't worry.. I've yet to stumble upon a post by you that I haven't understood. Though, I am not sure if that is a reflection on you or on me :eusa_think:

Bit defensive, aren't we?

Just a straight-up question. I haven't failed to understand what he posts. I was just wondering about the broken English out of curiosity.

I actually think it's cool that a non-English speaking person would want to try and debate on this board.;)

I have, in fact, changed my position of a few issues because of messageboards. That being said, I hope that Mattskramer is just adding a notch to his departure belt and finds his way back. Sometimes we just need some time away.

What opinions of yours changed and why?

specifically, Gun rights and abortion. I was a typical lefty that argued FOR more control until I was on my last local forum and some kid was all like, "man, i'm not trying to kill anyone.. i just want to shoot my guns during the holidays and hunt"... and, during an epiphany moment I had to agree since those are things that I do as well and i'm not trying to kill anyone. Guns, as far as im concerned, have no greater risk than any other tool, hobby or behaviour that is enjoyed by exponentially more people than those who behave poorly with such liberties. Regarding abortion, i've played both sides of that game and have argued both sides. To be honest, I find the subject trite as hell and have come to SHOGUN'S GREAT INTERNET ABORTION COMPROMISE in order to move beyond the same boring polarized arguments much like we've come beyond the test tube baby debates of the 80s.

specifically, Gun rights and abortion. I was a typical lefty that argued FOR more control until I was on my last local forum and some kid was all like, "man, i'm not trying to kill anyone.. i just want to shoot my guns during the holidays and hunt"... and, during an epiphany moment I had to agree since those are things that I do as well and i'm not trying to kill anyone. Guns, as far as im concerned, have no greater risk than any other tool, hobby or behaviour that is enjoyed by exponentially more people than those who behave poorly with such liberties. Regarding abortion, i've played both sides of that game and have argued both sides. To be honest, I find the subject trite as hell and have come to SHOGUN'S GREAT INTERNET ABORTION COMPROMISE in order to move beyond the same boring polarized arguments much like we've come beyond the test tube baby debates of the 80s.

Though I've never handled a gun or want to, my views on gun control relaxed too after reading message boards. I don't see it as being as big an issue as the lax licencing laws concerning automobile drivers. I do support gun control, but no longer support bans.

Things I've changed my mind about were stuff like allowing state referendums banning gay marriage. I now consider them unconstitutional whereas before I didn't understand how they were so.

Not so. You need star power, such as I have, to get the high view count. :tongue:

I've personally never clicked on a single thread you made.

And kudos for admitting changing your position on guns. Shogun too.

Gees, I was going to add to your 'star power' but I'll have to wait, Ang.

I'm not likely to change my position on guns. I just stay off those threads.

I've personally never clicked on a single thread you made.

And kudos for admitting changing your position on guns. Shogun too.

You never posted in any thread I stated???
:disagree:.....:gives:.....:funnyface:....:hmpf:......:eusa_liar:

Besides, I have inside info that confirms you do a daily search for all my posts and all posts mentioning my name :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back