I Propose

we make a "winner" star worth twice as many rep points as an ordinary thanks or agree. After all, it's a star which means it's value should be rewarded. I know I for one can make out like a bandit if my numerous "winners" get double points...I ain't asking for much....just some recognition for my and a few others' craftsmanship in composing an OP....who's with me? :113:
What is this, elementary school?

SweetSue92, would you explain to him what a gold star is worth?

we make a "winner" star worth twice as many rep points as an ordinary thanks or agree. After all, it's a star which means it's value should be rewarded. I know I for one can make out like a bandit if my numerous "winners" get double points...I ain't asking for much....just some recognition for my and a few others' craftsmanship in composing an OP....who's with me? :113:

Anyone who worries about Reputation points isn't honestly contributing to the forum.

Anyone who worries about Reputation points isn't honestly contributing to the forum.

Well, you sure told me, eh? If you define a "contribution" as the inability to come here without having fun, you're right. As if this is a zero-sum game where your "contribution" is measured in your ability to bore the living shit out of your opponent and declare victory when they put you on ignore. I comment on things that interest me, not to react to bummers like you who don't impact anybody or anything here. The points reflect others' appreciation of your affect on them and the moments in time they're not worried about some dud's concept of "honesty".

Yeah, this is elementary school and your second chance to be recognized for something, anything, even when it's a parody like the STAR I just gave you. Points are a sort of scorecard and you're down 5000 points, Mu....maybe you should find a new hobby because you suck at this. :lol:

Last edited:

SweetSue92, would you explain to him what a gold star is worth?

You know, not much except for the warm and fuzzy feeling it gives you. But everyone loves that right? So here's a gold star from the teacher:

golden-star-picture-id498723198

My goof post about the ratings system seems to have infuriated a couple fellow CONS...how can this be? Have they fallen into the angry soup the Rats been brewing? How DARE I have some fun with the rep system here...I should be banned for even mentioning it to "serious" posters like those above. So why is there a ratings system here in the first place? Oh, I remember now....to point out good stuff, funny stuff, stupid stuff. BTW, whoever stole my +20 points has a date with Karma (she's HOT but not in a good way). :nono:

Only AFTER us 'oldies' get our dam TROPHY points we were robbed of!!

My goof post about the ratings system seems to have infuriated a couple fellow CONS...how can this be? Have they fallen into the angry soup the Rats been brewing? How DARE I have some fun with the rep system here...I should be banned for even mentioning it to "serious" posters like those above. So why is there a ratings system here in the first place? Oh, I remember now....to point out good stuff, funny stuff, stupid stuff. BTW, whoever stole my +20 points has a date with Karma (she's HOT but not in a good way). :nono:

blah, blah, blah ...

See WillPower ... You joined USMB in 2018.

USMB introduced new software in 2014.

Those of us that were here before the software change lost LOTS of those cyber points ...

btw, I don't really care ... it's all just pixels

But I want my dang TROPHIES!!

btw, I don't really care ... it's all just pixels

But I want my dang TROPHIES!!

Oh, you care alright....the emotional damage is obvious... :crybaby:

The 5 stages of grief and loss are: 1. Denial and isolation; 2. Anger; 3. Bargaining; 4. Depression; 5. Acceptance.

Oh, my goodness. I thought the winner star was the best one since I got back to USMB after the death of my dear husband and the time it took me to get back on my feet. Ratings weren't here before left to tend to all that loss.

New Topics

Forum List

Back