I predict violence and mayhem...

This question of immigration reform is so typical of wingnut thinking!

They want smaller goverment, they want lots of personal freedom, they believe in the free market, the believe in personal responsibilty...

BULLSHIT!!!

When Latinos come to this country for the purpose of obtaining honest employment, the wingnuts suddenly scream for more government action to stop the latinos from taken advantage of the demand for cheap labor, while all the time the whole 'problem' would disappear if the wingnuts would just stop hiring illegals!

Big militant government, no personal freedom, protected job market and no willingness to hold the employers responsible.

They are sooo full of shit!

BULL SHIT. What in the world makes you believe that so many of the illegals are here for work? And many of those that actually are here to find work are shipping those American Dollars back to Mexico. Fact is that way too many of them are fleeing the law in their home countries.
Seal the border and ship them out. They want work, they can apply legally.

You've been watching too many action movies!

The vast majority of the illegal immigrants are here to find employment, they are not wanted in their home countries (you're totally in la la land on that one). Yes, they do send money back home to help their friends and families - but that's their right.

If you knew anything about the law, you'd know that in order for a forgein worker to legally get a job in this country, they first of all have to be sponsored by an employer AND the employer has to pay around a $5k fee. (I know a guy that paid his employer the $5k to get his girlfriend into the country so he could marry her). It can also take several years to get a working visa - the process is horrendous.

For most employers & workers this is not feasible. This is why we need to liberalize the requirements & streamline the process for getting working visas before we start going hog wild on the law enforcement approach to ending the illegal alien problem.

In order for any law to work, that law must be just and it must be feasible. Otherwise people have no respect for the law.

Catch up on the news, in a 3 day sweep they picked up over 590 illegals with criminal records. It's posted here somewhere.

Seal the borders and lets get them out of here.

This question of immigration reform is so typical of wingnut thinking!

They want smaller goverment, they want lots of personal freedom, they believe in the free market, the believe in personal responsibilty...

BULLSHIT!!!

When Latinos come to this country for the purpose of obtaining honest employment, the wingnuts suddenly scream for more government action to stop the latinos from taken advantage of the demand for cheap labor, while all the time the whole 'problem' would disappear if the wingnuts would just stop hiring illegals!

Big militant government, no personal freedom, protected job market and no willingness to hold the employers responsible.

They are sooo full of shit!

BULL SHIT. What in the world makes you believe that so many of the illegals are here for work? And many of those that actually are here to find work are shipping those American Dollars back to Mexico. Fact is that way too many of them are fleeing the law in their home countries.
Seal the border and ship them out. They want work, they can apply legally.

You've been watching too many action movies!

The vast majority of the illegal immigrants are here to find employment, they are not wanted in their home countries (you're totally in la la land on that one). Yes, they do send money back home to help their friends and families - but that's their right.

If you knew anything about the law, you'd know that in order for a forgein worker to legally get a job in this country, they first of all have to be sponsored by an employer AND the employer has to pay around a $5k fee. (I know a guy that paid his employer the $5k to get his girlfriend into the country so he could marry her). It can also take several years to get a working visa - the process is horrendous.

For most employers & workers this is not feasible. This is why we need to liberalize the requirements & streamline the process for getting working visas before we start going hog wild on the law enforcement approach to ending the illegal alien problem.

In order for any law to work, that law must be just and it must be feasible. Otherwise people have no respect for the law.

It doesn't really matter why they are here, they broke the law coming here, or overstaying their visas and it's not fair to the legal immigrants that did go through all the hoops, the background check, the waiting for years, etc. The only fair thing is to send home all illegals when they are caught, even if they are caught while registering their kids for school.

How much money will it cost to round up every illegal and send them home?

What you people refuse to realize is it is UNDOABLE.

It is cost prohibitive.

That is why even Bush suggested paths to legality for those who are already here and behaving.

It is cost prohibitive.

That is why even Bush suggested paths to legality for those who are already here and behaving.

It is not "undoable". Eisenhower did it. Try looking into "Operation Wetback" Yes it was also when we didn't worry so much about being P C.

It is cost prohibitive.

Baloney. All Obama had to do was secure the borders when he first came into office. Round all those aliens up and ship them home. He would have been a hero to 80% of the country but his leftwinger whackos would have been bitching up a storm because he didn't get gays in the military and he didn't get them their free healthcare.

I would close the border completely. Round up the illegals and ship them home. That way Mexico would finally have to deal with their systemic corruption, the fact that in terms of mineral wealth it is the fifth wealthiest country on the planet and yet the serf's never see any of it. Mexico needs to finish it's revolution and get rid of the leeches that keep the people in poverty.

So long as the rich Mexicans can push their problem northwards they get to continue living high on the hog at our expense. Right now evry illegal in the country is taking advantage of identity theft. According to the Social Security Admin I have 7 illegals using my SSN! THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! Send them all HOME!

So, what is your solution to immigration reform?

It is cost prohibitive.

Baloney, start putting those who hire them in jail. Arrest any of them that are caught during routine traffic stops and ship them home. Mexico was able to expel them, why can't we?

Bush suggested making them legal to get more illegals here so that there were be more cheap labor. Every time Amnesty is even suggested, the number of people crossing the border into this country increases.

IMO, not only should there NOT be another amnesty, we should repeal all previous amnesties. That's the only thing that would be fair to all the legal immigrants that have followed the rules to come here. Plus, it would discourage future illegals from crossing the border into our country if they KNOW they aren't getting amnesty and the WILL be shipped home.

One more thing, any holdings they have here, any money, any bank accounts should be taken and used to pay for their expulsion from this country.

I would close the border completely. Round up the illegals and ship them home. That way Mexico would finally have to deal with their systemic corruption, the fact that in terms of mineral wealth it is the fifth wealthiest country on the planet and yet the serf's never see any of it. Mexico needs to finish it's revolution and get rid of the leeches that keep the people in poverty.

So long as the rich Mexicans can push their problem northwards they get to continue living high on the hog at our expense. Right now evry illegal in the country is taking advantage of identity theft. According to the Social Security Admin I have 7 illegals using my SSN! THAT IS FUCKING BULLSHIT! Send them all HOME!

Better keep your records straight. When you retire, the government will demand proof of everywhere you have ever worked before they pay out. They don't care that it's unfair to Americans and you'll still see people calling it a "victimless crime".

I'm way ahead of you. What I find truly annoying is the feds know where these aholes are and won't do anything about it. Victimless crime my ass.

Better keep your records straight. When you retire, the government will demand proof of everywhere you have ever worked before they pay out. They don't care that it's unfair to Americans and you'll still see people calling it a "victimless crime".

Who is in charge of these protests? Univision et al, latino community organizers, National Council of the Raza, MALDEF, LUAC and all the pro-illegal orgs and open-border creeps.

The biggest supporter of illegal immigration is none other than The Chamber of Commerce.

'I wonder who actually applied for the permit?'

I would bet my bottom dollar that Univision did.

It is not "undoable". Eisenhower did it. Try looking into "Operation Wetback" Yes it was also when we didn't worry so much about being P C.

Ollie lets be fair here....back in the 50's the number of Illegals was nothing as compared to today....it♠ was quite easy to keep an eye on few hundred thousand as compared with the numbers today,AND they were not spread out like they are now....they for the most part lived in the south west....and the "attitude" was different back then....we actually had leaders that gave a dam about this country....the key word being "LEADERS"....

Ollie lets be fair here....back in the 50's the number of Illegals was nothing as compared to today....it♠ was quite easy to keep an eye on few hundred thousand as compared with the numbers today,AND they were not spread out like they are now....they for the most part lived in the south west....and the "attitude" was different back then....we actually had leaders that gave a dam about this country....the key word being "LEADERS"....

Eisenhowers Operation Wetback sent 1 million packing. So it may take us longer, It can and should be done.

You are right, we do need leadership.

Eisenhowers Operation Wetback sent 1 million packing. So it may take us longer, It can and should be done.

You are right, we do need leadership.

well my friend i just cant see the "leaders" of today doing what the leaders of yesteryear did....if it happens ill buy you an internet breakfast....:lol:

Forum List

Back