I pray for a Republican Win

Pale

if you read my original piece, I never said the Dems would fix anything, just that they'd get blamed for the mess....

Antagon

That post by Di was the other one I was going to highlight...

Seriously, George Bush has fucked things up that badly I don't think a Dem president can fix it. All that will happen from the moment Clinton or Obama are sworn in is they'll be blamed for everything - from the coming recession to the mess that is Iraq. So I'd hope the Repubs can continue their "work" for the next four years. Hopefully by then the recession might have receded a bit and McCain might have made some decisive motions towards Iraq. I'd say this presidency would be one of the biggest poisoned chalices in American political history. Let the conservatives stew I say!

Wow. Were you way off.
The economy is much worse since Obama took office. The only one getting blamed for everything is George Bush, and he hasn't been president in over a year.
The "mess" in Iraq has yielded a stable government and several elections, each with increasing voter turn out that puts US elections to shame.
Instead of dealing with the problems he was handed, Obama has engineered more for himself, introducing cap n trade (dead) and health care (dead). He has screwed up relations with Iran and his strategy has proven a failure. He screwed up relations with the Europeans. The Muslims can't stand him. And he has supported tyrants in Venezuala and Honduras.
Obama has compounded the problems he inherited and made more for himself while failing to fix a single thing. He has reneged on more campaign promises than any other president in history.
Yup. Your analysis reveals that you are an idiot of galactic proportions. This is proven by your wanting to resurrect this thread.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
[

Wow. Were you way off.
The economy is much worse since Obama took office. The only one getting blamed for everything is George Bush, and he hasn't been president in over a year.
The "mess" in Iraq has yielded a stable government and several elections, each with increasing voter turn out that puts US elections to shame.
Instead of dealing with the problems he was handed, Obama has engineered more for himself, introducing cap n trade (dead) and health care (dead). He has screwed up relations with Iran and his strategy has proven a failure. He screwed up relations with the Europeans. The Muslims can't stand him. And he has supported tyrants in Venezuala and Honduras.
Obama has compounded the problems he inherited and made more for himself while failing to fix a single thing. He has reneged on more campaign promises than any other president in history.
Yup. Your analysis reveals that you are an idiot of galactic proportions. This is proven by your wanting to resurrect this thread.

You are a Clueless Wonder..

Interesting thread. On another messageboard, just before the 2006 elections I posted this:
"Who says the GOP even WANT to win!!!

After all, the person who gave the Folley info to ABC was a GOP operative. You have to realize the GOP already know that the economy will collapse before the 2008 election and they will need more than blaming the "liberal media."
If they lose power in this election they will claim prosperity was "just around the corner" but then they they lost control and, poof .... the Democrats blew it. So losing control now is their only hope for their blame game to have any plausibility, even to their sheep.
Losing now is their last best hope!!!"

Last edited:
Interesting thread. On another messageboard, just before the 2006 elections I posted this:

After all, the person who gave the Folley info to ABC was a GOP operative. You have to realize the GOP already know that the economy will collapse before the 2008 election and they will need more than blaming the "liberal media."
If they lose power in this election they will claim prosperity was "just around the corner" but then they they lost control and, poof .... the Democrats blew it. So losing control now is their only hope for their blame game to have any plausibility, even to their sheep.

And yet, from the day Obama was sworn in, the sheep starting bleating. Search out the threads from Jan 21 2009 on this board....

And yet, from the day Obama was sworn in, the sheep starting bleating. Search out the threads from Jan 21 2009 on this board....

there are blue sheep and red sheep.....

Seriously, George Bush has fucked things up that badly I don't think a Dem president can fix it. All that will happen from the moment Clinton or Obama are sworn in is they'll be blamed for everything - from the coming recession to the mess that is Iraq. So I'd hope the Repubs can continue their "work" for the next four years. Hopefully by then the recession might have receded a bit and McCain might have made some decisive motions towards Iraq. I'd say this presidency would be one of the biggest poisoned chalices in American political history. Let the conservatives stew I say!

For 8 years the GOP did everything for corporations and against the middle class. If voters are so dumb to forget so soon, we are in deep shit. That would reward the GOP for their bad behavior. And a GOP president would mean another Alito/Roberts conservative. They just gave corporations all the power to make or break our politicians. The bankers own everything and now the big corporations control our elections.

We need to replace any of the Democrats who have been caucusing with the Republicans in our primaries. We don't want to punish them by voting for a Republican, because even a blue dog Dem is better than a Republican.

Here is why all politicians are the same. When the GOP have the majority, they all side against the middle class. When the Dems have the majority, special interest/lobbyists only have to pay off a handful of Dems to go along with the GOP to squash any real change.

Anyways, good luck telling voters that the solution to our problems is to give the Dems an even bigger majority. That would be hopeless. I hear way too many voters saying they are going to vote GOP in 2010. The country is ruined!!! People forget the GOP did jack shit for all of us. Even upper middle class people got screwed by the GOP. Too bad most of the mainstream media is now just a mouthpiece for corporations. Who are their advertisers/sponsors? Exactly.

Hell, the media should just tell the truth. We won't do anything about it anyways. We just bend over and take it. Divide and concur!

They were simply following their programming, blaming Bush's economic failure on Obama's nomination.

January 15,2009
RUSH: It's entirely fair to call this Obama's stock market because it's reacting to what Obama's plans are for the economy. It's not reacting to Bush. Bush isn't on anybody's mind here.

Financial markets are a rough predictor of future economic performance, and based upon what the markets know of Obama's plans, it's giving him a failing grade. I'm not being political. The markets deal in bottom lines. It takes the pulse of millions of investors, both in this country and abroad, to report the results, unfiltered.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: Well, here's some truth for you. President Obama campaigned for two years. His policies were announced that long ago. He won the Democrat nomination last August, six months ago. Every smart money guy, every smart money woman on Wall Street and around the world knew Obama was a shoe-in to be president six months ago.

RUSH: So the economy stopped.
The stock market started tanking. They knew Obama was going to win.

RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

[

Wow. Were you way off.

You are a Clueless Wonder..

I'd say you pretty much proved you were with this thread.
Please feel free to point out anything I wrote here that was incorrect.

Barack Obama is George Bush on Steroids. No policies have been changed. This President has adopted all of the previous administration's policies. There have been a lot of Dog & Pony Shows and pompous speeches from this President but there has been no change at all. He just took all of Bush's worst inventions like "Stimulus Packages" and Bailouts and made them much much worse. He has proven that simple mantras like "Hope" and "Change" really are just simple mantras for simple minds. It's all just very sad in the end.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back