I pray for a Republican Win

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Seriously, George Bush has fucked things up that badly I don't think a Dem president can fix it. All that will happen from the moment Clinton or Obama are sworn in is they'll be blamed for everything - from the coming recession to the mess that is Iraq. So I'd hope the Repubs can continue their "work" for the next four years. Hopefully by then the recession might have receded a bit and McCain might have made some decisive motions towards Iraq. I'd say this presidency would be one of the biggest poisoned chalices in American political history. Let the conservatives stew I say!

Seriously, George Bush has fucked things up that badly I don't think a Dem president can fix it. All that will happen from the moment Clinton or Obama are sworn in is they'll be blamed for everything - from the coming recession to the mess that is Iraq. So I'd hope the Repubs can continue their "work" for the next four years. Hopefully by then the recession might have receded a bit and McCain might have made some decisive motions towards Iraq. I'd say this presidency would be one of the biggest poisoned chalices in American political history. Let the conservatives stew I say!

So you are moving to the US? Welcome!

I would agree with you except that they're going to continue to pollute the high court and all that means. ;o(

If I stubbed my toe, would it be smart to cut off my foot so that I can get morphine to kill the pain of my stubbed toe?

No, are you moving to Iraq? Or Venezuela? Or Afghanistan? Thought not...

Funny, but I wasn't saying they should be 'run' a certain way or the people should do certain things. My government may do so, but for me, no. I applaud when they do something I agree with, but do not feel compelled or qualified to say what they or say, New Zealand SHOULD do.

If I stubbed my toe, would it be smart to cut off my foot so that I can get morphine to kill the pain of my stubbed toe?

No, it would be avisable to put some antiseptic cream on it and a plaster, but you would be careful about stubbing your other toes.

Thing is, you Yanks have become so cynical about politics, all you worry about (both sides that is), is cheap political points - Obama's preacher, Clinton's speaking about coming under fire, McCain not knowing the difference between shi'ites and sunnis. You forget the policies etc, which is why it would be good for a Repub to take the flak that will be coming in the next four years. Let 'em stew!

Funny, but I wasn't saying they should be 'run' a certain way or the people should do certain things. My government may do so, but for me, no. I applaud when they do something I agree with, but do not feel compelled or qualified to say what they or say, New Zealand SHOULD do.

Really? You thought it was ok to go into Iraq... and you have no problem commenting on Chavez.

I figure our government that affects every other country with its actions, is fair for comment.

Liar - you have made post after post about Iraq and Afghanistan and Chevez. You say stuff all the time. And when New Zealand has the affect on the US, that the US has on NZ, maybe you will be compelled to say something.

Liar - you have made post after post about Iraq and Afghanistan and Chevez. You say stuff all the time. And when New Zealand has the affect on the US, that the US has on NZ, maybe you will be compelled to say something.

About Chavez, yes. About Afghanistan, no. About Iraq, no. About Venezuala in general, no. As I said earlier, what the government of the US accomplishes or not, I might have an opinion.

As for what other countries do or don't do, might have an opinion. What they SHOULD do, no. Not my place. Be it UK, Australia, France, NZ, etc. On the other hand, what my reaction to what they DO, that I can say. Follow that? I'll admit, it's convoluted.

The next president may well be a one termer. Bush drove the bus straight off the cliff with 50 million kool aid drinkers cheering him on.

I doubt the next Prez is going to be able to fix the mess in four years.

I know what Grump is getting at. It happens here in our electoral cycle. The conservatives stuff up and leave a mess, Labor comes in and fix it up with strong medicine, we get pissed off eventually and when things start to come good because we've had to suffer we throw Labor out and in come the conservatives to begin stuffing it up again. We have to break the cycle :eusa_doh:

Nice try, but it isn't going to stave off even one word of the assault that will ensue should a Democrat be elected.

Not anymore than my saying the same thing in 2000 shut one of you libs up for even half-a-second.

Nice try, but it isn't going to stave off even one word of the assault that will ensue should a Democrat be elected.

Not anymore than my saying the same thing in 2000 shut one of you libs up for even half-a-second.

What did you expect after the assault on Clinton? The libs to shut up? And so the cycle continues. If I've said it once, I'll say it again, you Yanks are so cynical about politics. Don't you see by attacking Obama or Clinton or McCain on peripheral issues that don't mean squat in the big picture, you are just falling for what the muck rakers want you to so the real issues are left behind. It seems the American public are more interested in electing the person with the least amount of shit on their shoe as opposed to the person who is going to try and do the best for them through legislation and debate..

What did you expect after the assault on Clinton? The libs to shut up? And so the cycle continues. If I've said it once, I'll say it again, you Yanks are so cynical about politics. Don't you see by attacking Obama or Clinton or McCain on peripheral issues that don't mean squat in the big picture, you are just falling for what the muck rakers want you to so the real issues are left behind. It seems the American public are more interested in electing the person with the least amount of shit on their shoe as opposed to the person who is going to try and do the best for them through legislation and debate..

Obama's associate with Wright is not Peripheral.

What did I expect?

Well, let's see ... I didn't assault Clinton so I did not expect to be assaulted in return by ignoramuses who can only define people as Republican or Democrat.

I think I addressed the rest of your post in another thread. Republicans didn't start the shit. They aren't even really good at it or they'd already OWN the Dems.

There also appears to be an inability to differentiate between attacking and questioning political candidates running for the Presidency of the US. I refer you back to the ignoramus paragraph.

And it looks like you are REAL concerned with who is going to try and do best for us as indicated by your initial post in this thread.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back