I Post Drunk

I post drunk at USMB

• Total voters
No, I don't post drunk. Years back, I was sipping my SoCo while at a forum, only to discover to my chagrin (the next day) that alcohol turns off my "don't say that or you might get infracted" button. Never did it again, lol.

Yeah - I can't drink. That's how I get pregnant. :eusa_whistle:

In your case I would imagine that involves more getting the guy really, really, really drunk.

No, I don't post drunk. Years back, I was sipping my SoCo while at a forum, only to discover to my chagrin (the next day) that alcohol turns off my "don't say that or you might get infracted" button. Never did it again, lol.

In your case I would imagine that involves more getting the guy really, really, really drunk.

And giving him "roofies".

Notsomuch. ;)

I'm sorry you can't get laid until you're really trashed though. It can't go well. My condolences to whatever woman found out the hard way. Or is that not-so-hard?

When did I say that? Are you drunk?

You're lying about me, I figured it was fair play to return volley.

Who brought up the subject of you, drinking, and sex?

Who said, and I quote, "In your case I would imagine that involves more getting the guy really, really, really drunk."

Why yes, sir! That would be you.

Return volley. Sorry you can't strap on a pair long enough to take the shit you dish.

Do you always answer a question with a question, or just when you are drunk and on your back?

Get dressed and sober up. You're making a fool of yourself (again).

I know some of y'all are posting drunk on a regular basis. No way that shit is coming out sober.

I voted "always".

I'm pretty sure you are always drunk when you post. :razz:

Last edited:
Drunk as a monkey...
:eusa_eh:
Binge drinking in China oils wheels of industry
Thu, Aug 25, 2011 - ALL IN A DAY’S WORK: Binge drinking is getting common among Chinese professionals and, in fact, often even forms part of their job descriptions
Peter Chi knows he has to cut back on his drinking. It is not much fun at the best of times and the worst have included hospitalization — after drinking fake alcohol — and the numerous evenings where he has passed out at the table. “No one likes binge drinking, but it’s not under your control,” he said. “Of course I don’t like it, but there’s nothing I can do.” Chi, from northeastern Liaoning Province, is not an alcoholic. Nor is he a party animal, despite his four-times-a-week binges. However, as a respectable headteacher in his 40s, he feels he has little choice but to indulge — or risk harming his career.

In the west, binge drinking is associated with young men and women spilling out of pubs and clubs in the early hours of the mornings, but in China drinkers are older and — in many cases — drinking not just for fun but for career reasons. “If I drink, it doesn’t necessarily help me get promoted, but if I don’t, it’s less likely that I will be. So I must drink, even if it’s not pleasant at all,” Chi said. “People want to show they are forthright and try to get along with others ... It’s very normal to get an order to drink from bosses.” In fact, some job adverts explicitly demand applicants who can hold their alcohol.

PRIORITIZED

“Candidates with good drinking capacity will be prioritized,” said an advert for the Hunan Zhike Public Security Engineering Company, an alarms and surveillance technology firm that is seeking a business manager. “The job is to develop business through establishing closer connections with our clients. Drinking is a big part of the work,” the recruiter explained, adding that the successful candidate will need to handle from 250ml to 500ml of baijiu at a time. The clear spirit, usually made from sorghum, ranges in price from as little as 5 yuan — less than US$0.80 — to tens of thousands of yuan for vintage bottles of the best brands. It is a staple of formal or celebratory dinners, often coupled with beer. It is also notorious for causing inebriation, since it is from 80 to 120 proof and frequently consumed in large quantities.

Alcohol certainly greases the wheels of business in the West, too, but people can usually stop after one or two glasses. In China, the opposite is often true: It is much easier to refuse an initial drink than to stop once you have started. Foreigners are not immune to the pressure — one friend recalls being poured half pints of baijiu by an overly hospitable local official, who paused briefly only to vomit before topping up his glass again. Drinking to develop and cement relationships has a long history in China. As one traditional saying goes, “when one drinks with a friend, a thousand cups are not enough.” That does not mean bingeing has been the norm: In the 1980s, a study of Chinese classical poetry concluded that heavy drinking had been in and out of favor over the years.

HABITS

Forum List

Back