I Play For The Bears And I'm A Stupid Idiot

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Already on probation for a weapons conviction, Chicago Bears defensive tackle Terry "Tank" Johnson was charged Sunday with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after allegedly threatening a police officer.

"You ain't the only one with a Glock," Johnson told the officer, according to Chicago Police. "If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."

The threat was against an officer who was ticketing a limousine illegally double parked at 1045 N. Rush at 3:45 a.m. Sunday, said Lt. Joe Schmit of the Near North District. When the officer tried to arrest Johnson, the player allegedly refused to place his hands behind his back to be handcuffed.

A struggle ensued, ending after the officer sprayed Johnson with Mace and overpowered him with the help of other officers, Schmit said. Johnson was released on a signature bond. Attempts to reach him, his agent or his attorney Sunday were unsuccessful.

On Nov. 2, Johnson pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a loaded gun was found in his truck in Chicago. He received probation.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-tank13.html

Released on his own signature. Threatens a police officer and resists arrest.

Amazing.

Forum List

Back