I pity the young.

How do you figure that?

Faith:) And hard work.

Hard work when 47% of the population is on the government check and the unemployment can't go below 8%, REAL unemployment above 11%?!

If more people had the faith that you do, we would have a chance.....but there are too many Democrats.

Fact Check: Mitt Romney's '47 Percent' Claims Wildly Inaccurate

It is true that 46 percent of American households did not pay federal income taxes last year, according to the Tax Policy Center. But that number is unusually high, in part because of the recession -- and a majority of that 46 percent still paid payroll taxes. Only 18 percent of American households paid no income taxes and no payroll taxes last year. It is largely low-income seniors and very poor people that legally don't pay federal income taxes or payroll taxes, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and the Tax Policy Center.

It was also inaccurate for Romney to claim that those who don't pay federal income taxes would vote for President Obama "no matter what." Nearly all states with a high percentage of Americans that don't pay federal income taxes vote Republican in presidential elections, according to the Washington Post.

Moreover, Republican policy -- on the part of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush -- has pushed to move poorer people off of the federal income tax rolls, as noted by the Washington Post's Ezra Klein and Newsweek's Matt Zeitlin.

As for entitlements, contrary to Romney's portrayal, more than 90 percent of entitlement benefits go to the elderly, seriously disabled or members of working households, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

Romney stood by his comments on Monday, telling reporters that though his comments were "not elegantly stated," Obama's approach is "attractive to people who are not paying taxes."

my father and i always get on the phone with each other the day after every election. When obama won in 2008, my dad said, "i'm glad i am going to die soon." he also said he pitied me and everyone else who would be around for a while.

I thought he was joking at the time. He's really not that old. He is below average life expectancy.

But his behavior since then has been one of a man subconsciously trying to commit suicide. He has let his health go completely to shit.

He almost died earlier this year and i became quite alarmed and gave him a ration of shit about not taking care of himself. I then reminded him of our post-2008 election conversation and said i was onto him.

He neither confirmed nor denied my allegation, which is as good as a confirmation when it comes to my father.

He's going to be a goner when obama wins re-election.

But i blame the gop for obama. There is no way on god's green earth an incompetent screwball like obama could ever succeed unless his opposition was profoundly handicapped by an overabundance of mentally challenged partisans.

These dumb unconservative fuckers have killed my dad.

i agree that obama is a disgrace, but hey man... Try to be optimistic for a while. You're talking like if the election was over and obama had already won. Don't give up your hopes so early.... I'm very optimistic romney will win and on november 7 you will have a very pleasant conversation with your dad. :)

lol

how stupid world coming to end threads are you gonna make?

How many times can you ignore the signs of the time?

People have been saying that for a millennium. My late mother told me it would happen in her time. I think I am pretty well prepared, spiritually speaking, but I have given up on looking for "signs" in anything.....because when you are looking for signs, everything looks like a sign.

I live a good life, I take care of my family, I believe in the Lord as my savior, my profession allows me the privilege of caring for people who truly can't take care of themselves. Do I fall short? Does my temper get the better of me....almost exclusively in this medium of communication? Oh yeah....But that's why Christ died.

4 more years of Obama and it's over for all of us.

Only thing is that people my age and older can at least remember a time when things were good. The young will live out the rest of their lives and never know that.

But then, it's mostly their fault.

This is like those emails that used to go around. The ones where "the good old days" were SO friggin wonderful, when, in fact, they were anything but.

Just read to day that gW lost us 40THOUSAND factories when he sent them to China.
He lost us 4.4 MILLION jobs.

Even though the R have spent every single day working AGAINST the US and FOR foreign interests, President Obama has created 4.6 MILLION jobs.

You rw's are the real reason for the recession because it was YOU who voted for the GObP/pubpots. You're the ones who want to vote to remove regulations from the "too big to fail" banks so they can soak us again and you're the reason why bush was in the WH in the first place. If YOU had not voted for him, there would not have been the bush bailout (TARP), we would not have ignored the declaration of war against us and instead attacked a country who had done nothing to us.

All that money but more important, all the dead and wounded soldiers - it is the fucking right wing voter who caused that.

You want to say you feel sorry for generations to come? You're lying.

And, I know you're lying because now you want to vote for another bad actor who plans to take the VA away from our vets, SS away from our elderly and a hell of a lot more away from the working class.

Take responsibility for what you say and do.

Now you've done it. GWB didn't do anything wrong; neither did the numerous Senators and Representatives that are Republicans. Don't you know?

Only thing is that people my age and older can at least remember a time when things were good. The young will live out the rest of their lives and never know that.

This is like those emails that used to go around. The ones where "the good old days" were SO friggin wonderful, when, in fact, they were anything but.

Just read to day that gW lost us 40THOUSAND factories when he sent them to China.
He lost us 4.4 MILLION jobs.

Even though the R have spent every single day working AGAINST the US and FOR foreign interests, President Obama has created 4.6 MILLION jobs.

You rw's are the real reason for the recession because it was YOU who voted for the GObP/pubpots. You're the ones who want to vote to remove regulations from the "too big to fail" banks so they can soak us again and you're the reason why bush was in the WH in the first place. If YOU had not voted for him, there would not have been the bush bailout (TARP), we would not have ignored the declaration of war against us and instead attacked a country who had done nothing to us.

All that money but more important, all the dead and wounded soldiers - it is the fucking right wing voter who caused that.

You want to say you feel sorry for generations to come? You're lying.

And, I know you're lying because now you want to vote for another bad actor who plans to take the VA away from our vets, SS away from our elderly and a hell of a lot more away from the working class.

Take responsibility for what you say and do.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................

I pity the fact the young have to deal with your stupidity.

All over for us, fuck you for being that motherfucking stupid.

No one cares what you think.

Look around you, what you see today financially, domestically and world wide, is going to be the new normal under the continuing "leadership" of the liberals. Liberals would rather live in shared misery than in a system with the financial freedom to excell.

I pity the young.

Hyperbolic, reactionary nonsense.

The best America is yet to come, we need only survive the current fear and ignorance exhibited by most conservatives.

Intelligent, pragmatic young people will help contribute to that greater America of the future.

Hyperbolic, reactionary nonsense.

The best America is yet to come, we need only survive the current fear and ignorance exhibited by most conservatives.

Intelligent, pragmatic young people will help contribute to that greater America of the future.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

Forum List

Back