I Pay My Mortgage: What's in the Housing Bailout For Me?

Great Headline and Title. While I do not own a home, I was offered a few with no credit checks or income verification, because "everyone is doing it" as bait for entering the housing market. I ran away from such offers.

But I side with these folks...

dante your such an Idiot, I don't know were to begin with you...

I owned three homes for the past 20 years why did I have to pay all them school taxes I have no kids
If I add that up comes out in the 200k range.

Plus Interest more like 300k just fo9r school taxes on my properties.
I am not looking for a handout but if I needed it I would take it.........

move. out of the country to a place where there are no school taxes.

This is America, and we care about 'the children'

Didn't you get the memo?

Dante I typed that in there so that member can see what an idiot he is.
2nd this is my country not a draft dodger like you dante, I don't need to run and hide in another country like you!!!

Uhm, I didn't dodge the draft, I was too young. :eek:

I volunteered when it was HIGHLY unpopular. And I went in without an offer from the courts like others did who now go down to the local Post Office and salute the Flag in order to showboat their court ordered patriotism.

and I've never been out of the country I love so much. :eusa_whistle:

Many of us own our homes & do not have debts because we were responsible. We help others to learn responsibility. Government comes along & trashed everything by rewarding failure & harming the responsible. Re-default rates are sky high.

The government is corrupt & needs to be drowned in a bath tub.

Last edited:
Many of us own our homes & do not have debts because we were responsible. We help others to learn responsibility. Government comes along & trashed everything by rewarding failure & harming the responsible.

that sounds very responsible -- throw the baby out with the bathwater. :eusa_whistle:

Great Headline and Title. While I do not own a home, I was offered a few with no credit checks or income verification, because "everyone is doing it" as bait for entering the housing market. I ran away from such offers.

Those of us who pay our bills and are solvent get to pony up more taxes to help the flakes, that's what's in it for us.

Those of us who pay our bills and are solvent get to pony up more taxes to help the flakes, that's what's in it for us.

If we did not pony up more taxes Folks like Dante would not get there Welfare checks, then we would lose a useless member here on the board

Many of us own our homes & do not have debts because we were responsible. We help others to learn responsibility. Government comes along & trashed everything by rewarding failure & harming the responsible.

that sounds very responsible -- throw the baby out with the bathwater. :eusa_whistle:
Your right lets be more responsible and throw the Gay poet out the window DANTE or should we call you Heha

First off everyone, without exception, who did not qualify under VA or FHA rules but put less than 20% down was speculating and for that matter most of the VA and FHA loans made from 1994-2006 were also speculative. What's next reimbursing day traders that go broke? Defending this corruption can only be done for the most vile and reprehensible of reasons namely supporting elitist statism. To make such a defense is a defense of immorality.

Nice spin.

There is absolutely nothing here for responsible people who didn't over leverage themselves except of course the "privilege" of bailing out everyone who did make poor decisions.

are you misinterpreting things again?

:eusa_whistle:

So after fresh details of the plan were released Wednesday, it's time to ask: I'm a responsible homeowner; what's in it for me?

6. Is there a silver lining in this mess? It's nearly impossible to spot any sort of silver lining in the current housing mess.

---
quotes from the OP link.

you didn't read anything, you just posted out of anger and mis-perceptions again.

Oh so I was only supposed to read number 6?

What about the part of the article that said the housing bailout will reduce crime and keep property values up?

You know, the spin.

Another example of modern America, 'what's in it for me?' For one thing a stable working society, for another the peace of mind and bragging rights that you made it through a sea change that allowed deregulation to almost cause Great Depression II. I have no sympathy for cry babies, work hard and do your best, and make sure your own bed and the bed of the family is well and life is good. Stop the finger pointing and put away the tissues. Oh, and buy America and support American businesses that provide a fair wage.

Only in the fact that by shoring up the value of real estate, your RE valuations will remain higher than they might otherwise be.

You (and I) are secondary beneficiaries of this social/economic policy.

The primary beneficiaries are the banks and people who are not forced to foreclose, of course, but even we who are still paying our motgages, or who own our homes outright still gain something from this policy, I think.

If real estate deflates, then property taxes go down. The housing boom caused them to go up and cost me money. I see nothing inherently valuable in propping up property values on the backs of the solvent portion of society.

If real estate deflates, then property taxes go down. The housing boom caused them to go up and cost me money. I see nothing inherently valuable in propping up property values on the backs of the solvent portion of society.

Yoy nailed it there. I have owned my home for 20 years & the tax goes up every year. In reality the house is a depreciating asset & has gone down in value, but with the governments magic GSEs Fannie Freddie they caused houses to be valued way to high creating mega tax windfall.

Forum List

Back