I passed out this morning!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Because my 13 year old daughter said she WANTED me to chaperone her 8th grade party they are throwing at her school ! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

She told me all her friends want me to chaperone too, so me thinks this may have something to do with it....................:eusa_eh:

Because my 13 year old daughter said she WANTED me to chaperone her 8th grade party they are throwing at her school ! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

She told me all her friends want me to chaperone too, so me thinks this may have something to do with it....................:eusa_eh:

It's such a great feeling when you realize that you're cool enough for them AND their friends. You seem like a great mom. :)

It's such a great feeling when you realize that you're cool enough for them AND their friends. You seem like a great mom. :)

Well it's either that they think you're cool or they think you're so clueless you won't notice when the 10th grade boys they've invited show up with the beer and pot and condums.

Well it's either that they think you're cool or they think you're so clueless you won't notice when the 10th grade boys they've invited show up with the beer and pot and condums.

:lol: They don't call her EZ for nothing, you know!

j/k EZ, it's really cuz she thinks you're one cool rock and roll mom! ;)

At 13 they still want to be chaperoned. They don't really want to be required to follow through on all that bragging. Even the boys.

When my daughter was 16, she wanted to actually break away from mom and dad's hovering. I worried then whether I had done enough to help her with decision making. There were some sleepless nights for me but we got through it.

They aren't all assholes.

:lol: They don't call her EZ for nothing, you know!

j/k EZ, it's really cuz she thinks you're one cool rock and roll mom! ;)

:lol: You are so freaking funny.

i chaperoned middle school dances a few times.
my condolences.:razz:

Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Nobody EVER asked me to chaperone.

But my boys and all their friends, though they loved to be at my house, were scared shitless of me and knew I'd catch them doing whatever it was they didn't want anyone to know about.

o i did that one time...you may be the "cool" mom now but i can tell you ...you wont be after the dance lol

Wait until they see me dance like Elaine Benes! :cool:

If you want to impress the youngsters, you've gotta keep up with the times. Show them you're hip by doing the latest dance - the Obama.

It's easy to learn. All you have to do is take three steps forward, two steps backward, then side-step, side-step and turn around. :eusa_whistle:

That's cool.
My 21 year old wanted to spend her 21st b-day with me, that shocked the heck out of me. But then who doesn't want to go to Vegas when dad is paying for everything.

Nobody EVER asked me to chaperone.

But my boys and all their friends, though they loved to be at my house, were scared shitless of me and knew I'd catch them doing whatever it was they didn't want anyone to know about.

My daughter's friends came to our house as well. We had a pool and they just loved being there all summer long. Of course in the evening they were ready to get away from us and go off by themselves but the parents stuck together, we knew where they were and what they were up to.

I had a call at work one day from a friend who said her daughter and mine skipped school. She made both of them go back and explain what they did.

I picked up my daughter that day and just asked her so, how was school? She said, I know you know... Busted!

:lol:

That's cool.
My 21 year old wanted to spend her 21st b-day with me, that shocked the heck out of me. But then who doesn't want to go to Vegas when dad is paying for everything.

My friend here at work has 21 yr. old twins and she said they came in from college and wanted them to go to the corner bar with them. I thought that was really cute.

That's cool.

My friend here at work has 21 yr. old twins and she said they came in from college and wanted them to go to the corner bar with them. I thought that was really cute.

My sister met us in Vegas, so that was fun to.
My mom wanted herself and my father to meet us also. She changed her mind when I explained that she probably didn't want to see her granddaughter drunk.

LOL, my daughter had her last home track meet tonight. On the way home in the car she goes, "Mom, how much are you going to embarrass me at the party next week?"

I said, "Tons!" :lol: :cool:

Forum List

Back