I owe obama a big kiss a*** apology.

[No one is blaming Obama for the oil spill. That is a strawman put out by the Obamabots.
What we are blaming him for is something he can control, namely his own lame reaction to the whole thing.

I've already proven that people right here have blamed Obama for the spill.

Need to bring up your proof, because I haven't seen it. :doubt:

[No one is blaming Obama for the oil spill. That is a strawman put out by the Obamabots.
What we are blaming him for is something he can control, namely his own lame reaction to the whole thing.

People here have blamed Bush for their bunions. It is irrelevant. But I doubt what you say anyway as you have a history of distortion.

You have history of being wrong. That's why you're a laughingstock here.

Why don't you ask Rabbi to prove that no one has blamed Obama?

Patiently waiting for the apology for accusing Bush of causing the Levee failures in New Orleans.

Okay, but none of those things you laid out would have helped the situation including the shoreline as far as I can tell.

Immie

How can you tell?
Jindal has been vocal about what he requested and what the reaction was.

I don't know... call it pessimism.

I live near the shores of Tampa Bay. I'm concerned about this disaster, yet I realize Tampa so far has been lucky.

To blame the President for this as if he were the one that caused the explosion himself is pointless if you ask me. The people that should be blamed are the ones that either allowed the by-passing of the valve that could have minimized the damage and the ones that did so.

You cannot convince me that those with the know how on how to take care of this issue are waiting for the President to give the go ahead to do so. When and if someone comes up with an idea, I'm certain those steps will be taken.

Again, I don't blame Bush for the Katrina problems and quite frankly, I don't think President Obama deserves to have this issue tossed in his lap either.

Immie

Realize that a lot of the backlash from the posters here comes from the fact that the left attacked Bush because of the response to Katrina took days. Now we are here with another disaster of epic proportions (although quite different in scope) AND Obama has had months and the response is still not adequate yet the same people who regularly attacked Bush for Katrina are defending Obama on the oil spill. That kind of partisan shit is guaranteed to heat up the argument and get things out of hand. If you do not bale Bush for Katrina then it is not dishonest of you to not blame Obama for this. I cannot say the same for others and much of the response it because of that feeling.

I feel the response to this has been dismal at best partly because the response time and partly because of the attitude. It seems that who pays for the cleanup was the major issue not getting the cleanup done and that bothers me. A blame game is fine and dandy after the fact when the oceans and livelihood of so many are at stake but instead that was the focus of everyone's attention. I would have expected a far larger response far quicker. I feel that this is being played politically and that is never a good way of doing anything. I also expected that Obama would have met with the CEO of BP to plan out how everything was going to take place and when Obama was asked if he had met with BP during an interview...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20iS7j5FHuU&feature=related[/ame]

(sorry for the added words, don't have the patience to find another copy)
Basically he is using a bunch of excuses to answer why he has not taken care of the obvious. To me that says this is not one of the president's top issues and it should be. The best way to coordinate your plans and communicate the American peoples expectations would be to speak directly with the man in charge and that was skimmed over. Poor, very poor.

Last edited:
How can you tell?
Jindal has been vocal about what he requested and what the reaction was.

I live near the shores of Tampa Bay. I'm concerned about this disaster, yet I realize Tampa so far has been lucky.

To blame the President for this as if he were the one that caused the explosion himself is pointless if you ask me. The people that should be blamed are the ones that either allowed the by-passing of the valve that could have minimized the damage and the ones that did so.

You cannot convince me that those with the know how on how to take care of this issue are waiting for the President to give the go ahead to do so. When and if someone comes up with an idea, I'm certain those steps will be taken.

Again, I don't blame Bush for the Katrina problems and quite frankly, I don't think President Obama deserves to have this issue tossed in his lap either.

Immie

Realize that a lot of the backlash from the posters here comes from the fact that the left attacked Bush because of the response to Katrina took days. Now we are here with another disaster of epic proportions (although quite different in scope) AND Obama has had months and the response is still not adequate yet the same people who regularly attacked Bush for Katrina are defending Obama on the oil spill. That kind of partisan shit is guaranteed to heat up the argument and get things out of hand. If you do not bale Bush for Katrina then it is not dishonest of you to not blame Obama for this. I cannot say the same for others and much of the response it because of that feeling.

I feel the response to this has been dismal at best partly because the response time and partly because of the attitude. It seems that who pays for the cleanup was the major issue not getting the cleanup done and that bothers me. A blame game is fine and dandy after the fact when the oceans and livelihood of so many are at stake but instead that was the focus of everyone's attention. I would have expected a far larger response far quicker. I feel that this is being played politically and that is never a good way of doing anything. I also expected that Obama would have met with the CEO of BP to plan out how everything was going to take place and when Obama was asked if he had met with BP during an interview...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20iS7j5FHuU&feature=related]YouTube - The Today Show and The Communication Meltdown - Obama and BP CEO Tony Hayward[/ame]

Basically he is using a bunch of excuses to answer why he has not taken care of the obvious. To me that says this is not one of the president's top issues and it should be. The best way to coordinate your plans and communicate the American peoples expectations would be to speak directly with the man in charge and that was skimmed over. Poor, very poor.

I am trying (and not succeeding at the moment) to work on another project so I want to keep this short.

I agree with your take on this. I remember the blame game for Bush. Honestly, I could not believe it was going on. You speak of the left's blame of Bush and their defense of Obama. I see those and understand what you are saying. The other thing I see is the right's defense of Bush and attack of President Obama.

The old saying is in play here... "two wrongs do not make a right."

It seems to me that the response to this has been abysmal, but you know what? The only information about that response comes from the corporate media (and their biased blaming/defending) and people on this site.

I used to be a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. I no longer am. I have not have the "privilege" of actually seeing what is going on at the site. To hear tale, one would think no one is doing a damned thing to end this disaster, but do you really believe that to be the case? I don't.

Immie

Immie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20iS7j5FHuU&feature=related]YouTube - The Today Show and The Communication Meltdown - Obama and BP CEO Tony Hayward[/ame]

I am trying (and not succeeding at the moment) to work on another project so I want to keep this short.

I agree with your take on this. I remember the blame game for Bush. Honestly, I could not believe it was going on. You speak of the left's blame of Bush and their defense of Obama. I see those and understand what you are saying. The other thing I see is the right's defense of Bush and attack of President Obama.

The old saying is in play here... "two wrongs do not make a right."

It seems to me that the response to this has been abysmal, but you know what? The only information about that response comes from the corporate media (and their biased blaming/defending) and people on this site.

I used to be a member of the U.S. Coast Guard Reserve. I no longer am. I have not have the "privilege" of actually seeing what is going on at the site. To hear tale, one would think no one is doing a damned thing to end this disaster, but do you really believe that to be the case? I don't.

Immie
It is absurd to think that nothing is being done, on that much I do agree. I do not take much of what the news reports on with a grain of salt anymore. That is why I included words from Obama himself. It all smells of political chest pounding to me. I have heard Obama say many times over BP will pay but never hear anything from him on Americas conviction to clean this up. There should have been clear plans and action from the beginning.

Forum List

Back