I owe Jimnyc an apology...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
A long, long time ago, Jim posted something from Jim Norton, an NYC-based comedian. I trashed him (Norton, not jimnyc) and felt like most of what he was saying was just ridiculously shocking for the sake of being shocking.

Well, I just recently caught Norton on an HBO comedy special, and he was absolutely hilarious. His act wasn't all perverse sex, jokes about retards and AIDS, etc. (that stuff was there, but that wasn't his entire act). His act was actually very much, dare I say, intelligent!

So, I'm sorry Jim, you were right and I was wrong.

And, while we're on the topic, I really like where stand-up comedy is at today. You have the NYC cringe humor crowd (Colin Quinn, Jim Norton, Patrice O'Neal, Nick DiPaolo, and of course Opie & Anthony), which is a type of humor I've always been a fan of. Also, in NYC, you've got the weirder, more experimental type of comedy (Stella, Patton Oswalt, David Cross, Sarah Silverman, Brian Pohsen) which is equally entertaining, to me anyway. Then again, we've lost a lot of comedy greats in the past few years: Rodney Dangerfield, Mitch Hedberg, etc.

Dan said:
A long, long time ago, Jim posted something from Jim Norton, an NYC-based comedian. I trashed him (Norton, not jimnyc) and felt like most of what he was saying was just ridiculously shocking for the sake of being shocking.

Well, I just recently caught Norton on an HBO comedy special, and he was absolutely hilarious. His act wasn't all perverse sex, jokes about retards and AIDS, etc. (that stuff was there, but that wasn't his entire act). His act was actually very much, dare I say, intelligent!

So, I'm sorry Jim, you were right and I was wrong.

And, while we're on the topic, I really like where stand-up comedy is at today. You have the NYC cringe humor crowd (Colin Quinn, Jim Norton, Patrice O'Neal, Nick DiPaolo, and of course Opie & Anthony), which is a type of humor I've always been a fan of. Also, in NYC, you've got the weirder, more experimental type of comedy (Stella, Patton Oswalt, David Cross, Sarah Silverman, Brian Pohsen) which is equally entertaining, to me anyway. Then again, we've lost a lot of comedy greats in the past few years: Rodney Dangerfield, Mitch Hedberg, etc.

Big brothers are like that, they know more than you! :funnyface :D

Kathianne said:
Big brothers are like that, they know more than you! :funnyface :D

He's probably just sucking up because Christmas is coming...

Shattered said:
Little brothers are like that, you know..

Ummm, sisters too! Why is it that brothers always make more money? BTW Jim, (my brother, not jimnyc), I would like a really cheap desktop...

Forum List

Back