I now live in a RED STATE

I'm happy to pay the government to ensure my basic freedoms and infrastructure. I'll take care of my own future, thanks.

And you should... even Social Security was never meant to be more than 1/3 of anyones retirement plan and a net for the unlucky and those willing to take some risks.

What if Social Security could promise the benefits it does today and only cost workers 10%? How about 8% or 6%? If we invest in something besides T-Bills and de-complicate the fucker, the money would be there.

Would you look an American Investment Banker in the eye and tell her you didn't believe she could show consistent growth if she had the helm of a fund the size of the Social Security Trust Fund? Even a fund a tenth the size of the SS Trust Fund - give her 10% and hire 9 more just like her and watch the American Nest Egg grow.

The only thing more ham-strung by corporate and foreign lobbyists over the last 50 years than the American people is the American Government.

Why, it sounds like you're advocating privatization there.
i do believe he is

I'm happy to pay the government to ensure my basic freedoms and infrastructure. I'll take care of my own future, thanks.

And you should... even Social Security was never meant to be more than 1/3 of anyones retirement plan and a net for the unlucky and those willing to take some risks.

What if Social Security could promise the benefits it does today and only cost workers 10%? How about 8% or 6%? If we invest in something besides T-Bills and de-complicate the fucker, the money would be there.

Would you look an American Investment Banker in the eye and tell her you didn't believe she could show consistent growth if she had the helm of a fund the size of the Social Security Trust Fund? Even a fund a tenth the size of the SS Trust Fund - give her 10% and hire 9 more just like her and watch the American Nest Egg grow.

The only thing more ham-strung by corporate and foreign lobbyists over the last 50 years than the American people is the American Government.

In a manner of speaking, yes I am. With mandatory funding (taxes) and administration by a government run bureaucracy because no corporation that could be sold to a group of investors from Hong Kong can be trusted with that much personal information.

In a manner of speaking, yes I am. With mandatory funding (taxes) and administration by a government run bureaucracy

So exactly what we have now then.

Why, thats brilliant.

In a manner of speaking, yes I am. With mandatory funding (taxes) and administration by a government run bureaucracy because no corporation that could be sold to a group of investors from Hong Kong can be trusted with that much personal information.

Why, thats brilliant.

Yeah, exactly.

Oh, wait - one little exception:

Instead of investing our nest egg in only T-Bills, We The People hire 10 to 12 skanky bankers to manage the fund, make them compete with each other and pay them based on growth performance.

Last edited:
In a manner of speaking, yes I am. With mandatory funding (taxes) and administration by a government run bureaucracy

Why, thats brilliant.

Yeah, exactly.

Instead of investing our nest egg in only T-Bills, We The People hire 10 to 12 skanky bankers to manage the fund and pay them based on growth performance.

Cut it off from the general operating fund so congress can stop raiding it and you have a deal.

Why, thats brilliant.

Yeah, exactly.

Instead of investing our nest egg in only T-Bills, We The People hire 10 to 12 skanky bankers to manage the fund and pay them based on growth performance.

Cut it off from the general operating fund so congress can stop raiding it and you have a deal.
exactly, congress shouldnt be able to touch it

Why, thats brilliant.

Yeah, exactly.

:iagree:

Cut it off from the general operating fund and keep the bulk of the fund in dividend paying stocks not cash or it's not worth fucking with.

Forum List

Back